Sign in to follow this  
Mikhail von Hohenheim

[Help] Skills Icon

Question

tried to check this wiki: http://herc.ws/wiki/Adding_new_skills#Finishing_up

on the last part that says finishing up,, it says need to add up sprites for the skills and BMP files,,

my question now is,, where to locate it from GRF files,,

what i want to do is to be able to use the Elemental Skills,, and some NPC skills,,but when i tried to add them to the skilltrees of jobs getting an error because there's no desc and icons(I think**) on the skills,,

*** the reason why I said I think is because I did these to Rune Knight Skills, (like Crush Strike, Storm Blast),, added them as skills itself to the RK job,, the skills does not have descriptions,, but the skills are working perfectly fine,,

Edited by kite5

4 answers to this question

If you don't use X-ray, you will add the skills in the folder "skillinfoz", remember add this in skillinfolist.lub, skillid.lub, skilldescript.lub and skilltreeview.lub.

Also, in skillinfolist you'll add the name of SPR and BMP file of the icon:

SKILL_INFO_LIST = {	[SKID.SN_WINDWALK] = {		"SN_WINDWALK", <-- This is the name of SPR and BMP, it is best to leave it at that		SkillName = "Wind Walk",		MaxLv = 10,		SpAmount = { 46, 52, 58, 64, 70, 76, 82, 88, 94, 100 },		bSeperateLv = true,		AttackRange = { 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1 },		_NeedSkillList = {			{ SKID.AC_CONCENTRATION, 9 }		}	},

BMP: data/texture/À¯ÀúÀÎÅÍÆäÀ̽º/item/

SPR: data/sprite/¾ÆÀÌÅÛ/

The sprite of skill is not so important, because it not cause error in game.

If you don't use X-ray, you will add the skills in the folder "skillinfoz", remember add this in skillinfolist.lub, skillid.lub, skilldescript.lub and skilltreeview.lub.

SKILL_INFO_LIST = {	[SKID.SN_WINDWALK] = {		"SN_WINDWALK", <-- This is the name of SPR and BMP, it is best to leave it at that		SkillName = "Wind Walk",		MaxLv = 10,		SpAmount = { 46, 52, 58, 64, 70, 76, 82, 88, 94, 100 },		bSeperateLv = true,		AttackRange = { 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1 },		_NeedSkillList = {			{ SKID.AC_CONCENTRATION, 9 }		}	},

thanks for the answer,, I already checked both of them at the grf files,,

but i have a question still,,

what's the difference in the Sprite and and BMP??

and also,,

where can you see the files for the  effects of skills ingame??

thanks for the answer,, I already checked both of them at the grf files,,

but i have a question still,,

what's the difference in the Sprite and and BMP??

and also,,

where can you see the files for the  effects of skills ingame??

already checked that out,,

the SPR files are the icons when you are moving the skills/items(like dragging them from the skills interface to the hotkeys)

and BMP files are the icons when they're at the interface(like skills or at the inventory) and at the hotkeys,, 

now the last question please,,

THANKS