Ezeriel

Server Close

Question

Hi guys..

How are you? Hope your doing great.

It's 2016. . .  I'm glad you're still here in Hercules it's been a while..

I remember the first time I played RO. . it was in my high school days in 2004. I know the game was lunched in 2002.

and I'm still a fan just like you...

Now I'm trying to fix my Not so Old "herc.ws" RO preserved files.

I'm happy to find you here now in "herc.ws"

Well, I just created an account about an hour ago.

And followed the guide below. . to build my very own RO server.

[Guide] How to setup hercules

http://herc.ws/board/topic/968-guide-how-to-setup-hercules/

everything works fine but I got this "Server Closed" message when trying to Log-In my New Registered Account for the fourth time.

post-11520-0-24169100-1446298759_thumb.png

Windows Batch Files image:

post-11520-0-11516700-1446298869_thumb.png

Thank you so much and I hope you can give some accurate solution to this.

I do hope in the future I can learn a lot from here and be able to develop my skills in programming and to help those in need and contribute on this project.

May you have a great time.  :)

5 answers to this question

can you show us your conf files?

char-server.confinter-server.confmap-server.conf

but here ill guide you some for more info if you miss something or you whatever is the problem

@char-server.conf

// Server Communication username and password.userid: Username <-- must be the same as what you put on your login table at your mysqlpasswd: Password <-- same whit this// Login Server IP// The character server connects to the login server using this IP address.// NOTE: This is useful when you are running behind a firewall or are on// a machine with multiple interfaces.login_ip: 127.0.0.1 <-- this will be the default so nothing to change// Character Server IP// The IP address which clients will use to connect.// Set this to what your server's public IP address is.char_ip: 127.0.0.1 <-- this will be the default so nothing to change

those are the main 3 settings that you must not miss the rest ignore.

@inter-server.conf

// Global SQL settings// overridden by local settings when the hostname is defined there// (currently only the login-server reads/obeys these settings)sql.db_hostname: 127.0.0.1 <-- dont change thissql.db_port: 3306 <-- dont change thissql.db_username: root <-- Mysql ROOT usernamesql.db_password: 1234 <-- Mysql ROOT passwordsql.db_database: ragnarok <-- Mysql main.sql schemasql.codepage:// MySQL Character SQL serverchar_server_ip: 127.0.0.1 <-- dont change thischar_server_port: 3306 <-- dont change thischar_server_id: root <-- Mysql ROOT usernamechar_server_pw: 1234  <-- Mysql ROOT passwordchar_server_db: ragnarok <-- Mysql main.sql schema// MySQL Map SQL Servermap_server_ip: 127.0.0.1 <-- dont change this<dont change thismap_server_port: 3306 <-- dont change thismap_server_id: root <-- Mysql ROOT usernamemap_server_pw: 1234  <-- Mysql ROOT passwordmap_server_db: ragnarok <-- Mysql main.sql schema// MySQL Log SQL Databaselog_db_ip: 127.0.0.1 <-- dont change thislog_db_port: 3306 <-- dont change thislog_db_id: root <-- Mysql ROOT usernamelog_db_pw: 1234  <-- Mysql ROOT passwordlog_db_db: logs <-- Mysql logs.sql schemalog_codepage:log_login_db: loginlog

the reset ignore

@map-server.conf

// Interserver communication passwords, set in account.txt (or equiv.)userid: Username <--- same as what you put on your Char-Server.confpasswd: Password <--- same as what you put on your Char-Server.conf// Character Server IP// The map server connects to the character server using this IP address.// NOTE: This is useful when you are running behind a firewall or are on// a machine with multiple interfaces.char_ip: 127.0.0.1 <--- same as what you put on your Char-Server.conf// Map Server IP// The IP address which clients will use to connect.// Set this to what your server's public IP address is.map_ip: 127.0.0.1 <--- same as what you put on your Char-Server.conf

the rest ignore.

for the other conf files that will depend on your setting and if you have other question about the misc settings just post here 

Sorry for the long post! :heh:

if you are having problem with your client 

Client Translation (this is good if you have an updated Kro, Hmm but you can still use this for) as i suggested)

https://github.com/ROClientSide/Translation

For diffing clients i can help you on that :) i will diff a client for you :no1:

2013-12-23cRagexe_patched.rar

2 Chat Flood Allow8 Custom Window Title9 Disable 1rag1 type parameters (Recommended)13 Disable Ragexe Filename Check (Recommended)15 Disable HShield (Recommended)16 Disable Swear Filter20 Extend Chat Box21 Extend Chat Room Box22 Extend PM Box23 Enable /who command (Recommended)24 Fix Camera Angles (Recommended)28 Increase Headgear ViewID31 Increase Zoom Out 75%33 Always Call SelectKoreaClientInfo() (Recommended)34 Enable /showname (Recommended)35 Read Data Folder First36 Read msgstringtable.txt (Recommended)37 Read questid2display.txt (Recommended)38 Remove Gravity Ads (Recommended)39 Remove Gravity Logo (Recommended)40 Restore Login Window (Recommended)41 Disable Nagle Algorithm (Recommended)43 Always Use Email for Char Deletion44 Translate Client (Recommended)45 Use Custom Aura Sprites46 Use Normal Guild Brackets47 Use Ragnarok Icon48 Use Plain Text Descriptions (Recommended)49 Enable Multiple GRFs (Recommended)50 Skip License Screen61 Disable Packet Encryption64 @ Bug Fix (Recommended)68 Enable 64k Hairstyle69 Extend Npc Dialog Box71 Ignore Resource Errors72 Ignore Missing Palette Error73 Remove Hourly Announce (Recommended)204 Increase Attack Display74 Increase Screenshot Quality75 Enable Flag Emoticons213 Disable Help Message on Login (Recommended)84 Remove Serial Display (Recommended)86 Only First Login Background88 Allow space in guild name90 Enable DNS Support (Recommended)97 Cancel to Login Window (Recommended)

Edited by Naori

hi you should edit your client side also to connect i suggest you to use the client translation here in herc

and find data/clientinfo.xml

edit :

<address>127.0.0.1</address> 

if you dont know how to make a grf its easy to find it on google :)

PS: Sometimes you will miss to edit your mmo.h (./trunk/src/common) and search for 

#define PACKETVER 

for example you are using 20120410 client put it like this

#define PACKETVER 20120410

then recompile your server.

:no1:

Char server is not connected (according to error in login-server)

Also, have you set user/pass in char/map/login-server.conf , it should have account_Id as '1' and sex as 'S'

hi you should edit your client side also to connect i suggest you to use the client translation here in herc

and find data/clientinfo.xml

edit :

<address>127.0.0.1</address> 

if you dont know how to make a grf its easy to find it on google :)

PS: Sometimes you will miss to edit your mmo.h (./trunk/src/common) and search for 

#define PACKETVER 

for example you are using 20120410 client put it like this

#define PACKETVER 20120410

then recompile your server.

:no1:

Hello there @

Thanks for the reply..

Yes, I did those things before and I re-checked...

please see attached files

post-11520-0-92008400-1446311073_thumb.png

Base on my main post Screen Shots everything is working but I just have the "Server Closed" Message when Logging-In.

Still wondering why I got that message. . .  :huh:

I wonder where can I find that SET-UP / SETTINGS in the CONF FILES that the server should read first the DATA FOLDER before the .GRF FILES. . .?  :unsure:

Again, Thanks @

can you show us your conf files?

char-server.confinter-server.confmap-server.conf

but here ill guide you some for more info if you miss something or you whatever is the problem

@char-server.conf

// Server Communication username and password.userid: Username <-- must be the same as what you put on your login table at your mysqlpasswd: Password <-- same whit this// Login Server IP// The character server connects to the login server using this IP address.// NOTE: This is useful when you are running behind a firewall or are on// a machine with multiple interfaces.login_ip: 127.0.0.1 <-- this will be the default so nothing to change// Character Server IP// The IP address which clients will use to connect.// Set this to what your server's public IP address is.char_ip: 127.0.0.1 <-- this will be the default so nothing to change

those are the main 3 settings that you must not miss the rest ignore.

@inter-server.conf

// Global SQL settings// overridden by local settings when the hostname is defined there// (currently only the login-server reads/obeys these settings)sql.db_hostname: 127.0.0.1 <-- dont change thissql.db_port: 3306 <-- dont change thissql.db_username: root <-- Mysql ROOT usernamesql.db_password: 1234 <-- Mysql ROOT passwordsql.db_database: ragnarok <-- Mysql main.sql schemasql.codepage:// MySQL Character SQL serverchar_server_ip: 127.0.0.1 <-- dont change thischar_server_port: 3306 <-- dont change thischar_server_id: root <-- Mysql ROOT usernamechar_server_pw: 1234  <-- Mysql ROOT passwordchar_server_db: ragnarok <-- Mysql main.sql schema// MySQL Map SQL Servermap_server_ip: 127.0.0.1 <-- dont change this<dont change thismap_server_port: 3306 <-- dont change thismap_server_id: root <-- Mysql ROOT usernamemap_server_pw: 1234  <-- Mysql ROOT passwordmap_server_db: ragnarok <-- Mysql main.sql schema// MySQL Log SQL Databaselog_db_ip: 127.0.0.1 <-- dont change thislog_db_port: 3306 <-- dont change thislog_db_id: root <-- Mysql ROOT usernamelog_db_pw: 1234  <-- Mysql ROOT passwordlog_db_db: logs <-- Mysql logs.sql schemalog_codepage:log_login_db: loginlog

the reset ignore

@map-server.conf

// Interserver communication passwords, set in account.txt (or equiv.)userid: Username <--- same as what you put on your Char-Server.confpasswd: Password <--- same as what you put on your Char-Server.conf// Character Server IP// The map server connects to the character server using this IP address.// NOTE: This is useful when you are running behind a firewall or are on// a machine with multiple interfaces.char_ip: 127.0.0.1 <--- same as what you put on your Char-Server.conf// Map Server IP// The IP address which clients will use to connect.// Set this to what your server's public IP address is.map_ip: 127.0.0.1 <--- same as what you put on your Char-Server.conf

the rest ignore.

for the other conf files that will depend on your setting and if you have other question about the misc settings just post here 

Sorry for the long post! :heh:

if you are having problem with your client 

Client Translation (this is good if you have an updated Kro, Hmm but you can still use this for) as i suggested)

https://github.com/ROClientSide/Translation

For diffing clients i can help you on that :) i will diff a client for you :no1:

attachicon.gif2013-12-23cRagexe_patched.rar

2 Chat Flood Allow8 Custom Window Title9 Disable 1rag1 type parameters (Recommended)13 Disable Ragexe Filename Check (Recommended)15 Disable HShield (Recommended)16 Disable Swear Filter20 Extend Chat Box21 Extend Chat Room Box22 Extend PM Box23 Enable /who command (Recommended)24 Fix Camera Angles (Recommended)28 Increase Headgear ViewID31 Increase Zoom Out 75%33 Always Call SelectKoreaClientInfo() (Recommended)34 Enable /showname (Recommended)35 Read Data Folder First36 Read msgstringtable.txt (Recommended)37 Read questid2display.txt (Recommended)38 Remove Gravity Ads (Recommended)39 Remove Gravity Logo (Recommended)40 Restore Login Window (Recommended)41 Disable Nagle Algorithm (Recommended)43 Always Use Email for Char Deletion44 Translate Client (Recommended)45 Use Custom Aura Sprites46 Use Normal Guild Brackets47 Use Ragnarok Icon48 Use Plain Text Descriptions (Recommended)49 Enable Multiple GRFs (Recommended)50 Skip License Screen61 Disable Packet Encryption64 @ Bug Fix (Recommended)68 Enable 64k Hairstyle69 Extend Npc Dialog Box71 Ignore Resource Errors72 Ignore Missing Palette Error73 Remove Hourly Announce (Recommended)204 Increase Attack Display74 Increase Screenshot Quality75 Enable Flag Emoticons213 Disable Help Message on Login (Recommended)84 Remove Serial Display (Recommended)86 Only First Login Background88 Allow space in guild name90 Enable DNS Support (Recommended)97 Cancel to Login Window (Recommended)

Char server is not connected (according to error in login-server)

Also, have you set user/pass in char/map/login-server.conf , it should have account_Id as '1' and sex as 'S'

// My message here

Dear @@Dastgir and @,

Thank you so much for your replies.. I've reviewed everything you send to me and the Set-up was right..

But then I found out that it was my Anti-Virus that was causing the problem.

Now I was able to Log-In my account.

I'll keep in touch here in Forum if ever I encounter some questions or problems.

Again, Thank you guys.. and May you have a great week.  :D