Dastgir

Community Help Needed for Quick Development.

Hello all,

You might see we don't have quite a lot npc scripts(from official servers), thats mostly because of lack of info, not due to lack of active scripters..

So what can be done?

Well, alot of people does play official servers(iRO,kRO, or any other) and most script matches even if its iRO,jRO,idRO,kRO...

So we can boost the development with your help.

Someone might wonder if what would happen if some npc/instances are exclusive to jRO only or any other server, well, we might still need those, those may/may not be added to repository, but that will make a nice release over script release section.

Almost all servers have Replay System, we can record the gameplay of any official script, so that can help us get all info we want...

So I request you (if you want new official scripts), (and if you play ANY official server), that either record a video or start the replay, and share the replay/video file, so we can get it quickly converted, and release it..

Or some of your friends might play those servers?, you can ask them for videos/replays?

If you don't want to share the replay/video publicly, you can PM me as well with the file.

I bet, that we will try our best to implement it quickly.

+1

If someone would record a detailed replay for Jitterbug nightmare instance in JRO (with all alternative routes)

I can release a script of that. It is not completed due to the lack of info.

Is there a guide how to watch a replay file? or how to convert it to a video file?

Just run your client with -Replay parameter.

You can convert it to video file only by playing replay in your client and recording its screen..

Is there a guide how to watch a replay file? or how to convert it to a video file?

You can convert it to video file only by playing replay in your client and recording its screen..

Ok I'll try :) Thanks for the info

+1

If someone would record a detailed replay for Jitterbug nightmare instance in JRO (with all alternative routes)

So you have portion of the script ready?

+1

So you have portion of the script ready?

yes, only one route, but it is based on jRO.

It seems slightly different with kRO version

Why not make a section for recording releases, that way we can start seeing people posting npc / quests replays.

​Why not just record the screen while taking the QUEST or using the NPC haha. Skip the client replay system entirely. (Windows 10 also has a built-in Game DVR capabilities, so I recommend that :) )

​I'm willing to help scripting the quests as well once we have some data :D

Edited by Mercurial

Anything is better than Nothing...

Sure, I will translate it into English and share it in the end of this month, to see if this could inspire someone to complete it or provide more info.

Why not make a section for recording releases, that way we can start seeing people posting npc / quests replays.

​Why not just record the screen while taking the QUEST or using the NPC haha. Skip the client replay system entirely. (Windows 10 also has a built-in Game DVR capabilities, so I recommend that :) )

​I'm willing to help scripting the quests as well once we have some data :D

Skip the client replay system entirely. 

Replay System have some benefit, as of feeling the quest, and replaying as needed, and easy to copy :P

@@Dastgir, the problem is the amount of monsters in the instance map, maybe we can make it custom count temporary?

Thats too easy, if someone makes a replay(or packet capture), with just moving around the map, we can get to know exact monster count by checking unique GID

Thats too easy, if someone makes a replay(or packet capture), with just moving around the map, we can get to know exact monster count by checking unique GID

does the ragnarok replay files includes packets or GIDs? :o (Now I can think about the replay being a file with all packets received and that is "shown again")

Not sure if someone can do it, but I would suggest doing a list of what is missing so who wants to help can also get an idea of what he really have to replay to help, I know there's a post from kisuka with what changed in each episode, but I don't remember seeing a list of what is currently missing in herc.

Indeed, replay files stores all the packets received(but no idea if we can retrieve them From replay file, haven't tested that thing yet)

I will try to compile list soon.

Majorly, we are missing instances ...

Hi sir. My sister previously active player at iro. And lots of replay she keep, but mostly are woe. Are they helpful.? If yes, i will give them to u.

Hi sir. My sister previously active player at iro. And lots of replay she keep, but mostly are woe. Are they helpful.? If yes, i will give them to u.

If replay contains some npcs which is not yet on Hercules... :)