Jedzkie

MAC IP Address

i suggest to add harmony's mac ip address configuration to hercules and also in scriptcommands aswell. thank you.

my reason is for some events and in pvp room w/ pvp points modification in order to avoid spamming.

Edit: Even i set my client to disabled multiple windows, and enabling MD5 hash check, my players still able to make dual clients using sandbox.

Edited by Frost

<p>Why not use their IP Address? If they make a dual login they will have the same IP also.</p>

<p> </p>

<p>@Edit</p>

<p>I think I get what you just want is one account per pc( assuming that your playing in a internet cafe)</p>

Why not use their IP Address? If they make a dual login they will have the same IP also.

because NAT everywhere. From the same IP can be many different players. Best way it's hardware detection, like HWiD, MAC

Edited by neqste

1. MAC Adress can be spoofed even without getting disconnected with client A when you spoof the MAC before running client B, HWID is harder to do, but possible and safer

2. You need to enable "SSO login packet" thing in the patcher (the one which is always active on 2013 clients since normal login is removed)

3. The modification Hercules wise is easy to adapt, i used harmony in the past but completely dropped it because i made my own mods to support mac etc.

Might release a MAC package for Hercules i'm still waiting for the big update to not mess up my stuff : P

Changing mac ip every time can prove to be tedious. It would be nice to minimize if not prevent dual-clients from the same machine in events, battlegrounds, WoE etc.

Changing mac ip every time can prove to be tedious. It would be nice to minimize if not prevent dual-clients from the same machine in events, battlegrounds, WoE etc.

+1

Make this possible please :)

I really doubt it will help a lot, but maybe some newbies will fail at the mac check so here we go.

Hercules Developers are free to implement this code snippet whenever they want.

NOTE, do backups of your src folder AND your login mysql database, or wait till a developer implements mac to hercules.

1. Download the file i attached.

2. Place mac_check.patch into your hercules folder and apply the patch via GIT.

3. Recompile the server, do NOT start the server yet!

4. Open your mysql tool and select your ragnarok (server) database.

5. Copy the below text into the query window

ALTER TABLE `login` ADD COLUMN `last_mac` VARCHAR(18) NOT NULL DEFAULT ''  AFTER `pincode_change` ; 

6. Click run / apply to add the new last_mac to your login database.

You are set serverwise!!

What do you need to send the mac?

1. Your client must have the "SSO login" enabled. (i suggest R.O.L.e.X http://herc.ws/b...opic/930-rolex/ as the login system of your choice)

2. That's all.

3. Enjoy!

mac_check.patch

I really doubt it will help a lot, but maybe some newbies will fail at the mac check so here we go.

NOTE, do backups of your src folder AND your login mysql database, or wait till a developer implements mac to hercules.

ALTER TABLE `login` ADD COLUMN `last_mac` VARCHAR(18) NOT NULL DEFAULT ''  AFTER `pincode_change` ; 

You are set serverwise!!

1. Your client must have the "SSO login" enabled. (i suggest R.O.L.e.X http://herc.ws/b...opic/930-rolex/ as the login system of your choice)

2. That's all.

3. Enjoy!

Yey! thank you :)

Sorry for the necro-reply, but even if you did change your MAC address, you would briefly disconnect from your network while the connection resets. You would then have to log in again, thus logging your MAC address again and keeping you limited from most typical dual-login detection methods using MAC address. However, changing your MAC address does allow you to bypass other conventional uses of MAC address logging, so hardware ID detection would prove to be more effective.

@Ryuuzaki:

It'd be cool to see this (or hardware ID logging) as a plugin, though I haven't read your patch yet and I'm unsure if that'd even be possible.

Sorry for the necro-reply, but even if you did change your MAC address, you would briefly disconnect from your network while the connection resets. You would then have to log in again, thus logging your MAC address again and keeping you limited from most typical dual-login detection methods using MAC address. However, changing your MAC address does allow you to bypass other conventional uses of MAC address logging, so hardware ID detection would prove to be more effective.

@Ryuuzaki:

It'd be cool to see this (or hardware ID logging) as a plugin, though I haven't read your patch yet and I'm unsure if that'd even be possible.

From what I understand about what Yommy said is that this is about an NPC that can be used for one time only. :)

For me, "Last Mac" is better for events like "Woe Rewards" (especially for those who is playing under 1 internet connection, therefore having the same ip) and many more.

Edited by kyeme

@Ryuuzaki:

From what I understand about what Yommy said is that this is about an NPC that can be used for one time only. :)

For me, "Last Mac" is better for events like "Woe Rewards" (especially for those who is playing under 1 internet connection, therefore having the same ip) and many more.

Yes, and Yommy was also saying that one-time use could easily be bypassed. I was saying that it could still be viable for dual-client checks, since the network connection is reset along with the MAC address. I'd say the safest bet would be to NOT tell your players that MAC address logging is enabled until someone comes up with hardware IDing.

You are set serverwise!!

2. That's all.

3. Enjoy!

I don't know why but last_mac doesn't register in my database..

I am not using Rolex, but I have SSO login diff.