Jedzkie

MAC IP Address

In germany it's only forbidden to save the ip, if you also save data that allows you to look up the identity of the user for the ip.

But if the user allows it, then even that is not forbidden.

Almost all forums and websites with a login save the ip and account combination and none of the sites got in any trouble.

The same goes for sites that log the ip without any user information.

an Ip Address is a person information. In Germany its this information is secured by the Privacy law if you get a judge and a lawyer who is not a friend of this sort of data saving you are f****d. Dont tell the people here its allowed as it is not!

In germany it's only forbidden to save the ip, if you also save data that allows you to look up the identity of the user for the ip.

Almost all forums and websites with a login save the ip and account combination and none of the sites got in any trouble.

an Ip Address is a person information. In Germany its this information is secured by the Privacy law if you get a judge and a lawyer who is not a friend of this sort of data saving you are fucked. Dont tell the people here its allowed as it is not!

Why would you provide a link for wikipedia? Every country has its own privacy laws but there is no mention of Germany specific privacy law in that link. You are saying that if a Germany player logs into an American RO server, they are not allowed to save that players IP and Mac address? So you are going to get a lawyer and a court order to extradite an American citizen back to Germany to be upheld in court for breach of German privacy laws on an American hosted VPS? 

Good Luck!

Please center on the topic. I have some things related to this IP and MAC discussion myself, but if you want to hear about that you'll have to resume all this discussion on the Off-Topic section since this topic serves a different purpose.

Thank you.

an Ip Address is a person information. In Germany its this information is secured by the Privacy law if you get a judge and a lawyer who is not a friend of this sort of data saving you are fucked. Dont tell the people here its allowed as it is not!

Why would you provide a link for wikipedia? Every country has its own privacy laws but there is no mention of Germany specific privacy law in that link. You are saying that if a Germany player logs into an American RO server, they are not allowed to save that players IP and Mac address? So you are going to get a lawyer and a court order to extradite an American citizen back to Germany to be upheld in court for breach of German privacy laws on an American hosted VPS? 

Good Luck!

Are you drunken?

please use your brain before you try to write something.

i am only talking about servers who are hosted in germany.

i never said something else. if you are to dumb to understand this, im sorry for you kid.

Edited by Tepoo

Alright, move to a diff country, run your ro server in peace and for the love of god, stop hindering this topic with your bs, linking us to a Wikipedia page with the definition of privacy law, lmfao.

Back on topic, with a 2013-08-07 client, even with sso login diff it does not work, tested on 2 live servers with svn 13127. Anyone with knowledge on the packets they use, are they incorrect? there are reports of the older client versions working with Rolex launcher and login diff. I will try to change the packets it calls for and keep this post updated if I get it to work on the 2013-08-07 client

Edited by PokemonRO

[offtopic] I'm putting this out here... For future reference, don't make a statement regarding Privacy Acts without proper source URLs from the country's government site OR from articles with credited authors. You're stating information without a solid, resourceful, foundation. This means the information you're stating is not backed up with credited information (i.e. Government site of a country). Without proper credited information, your statement is invalid. [/offtopic]

As for including MAC IP Address in Hercules... is iffy. I think only Harmony was the first to introduce this address ? 

http://www.bverfg.de/entscheidungen/rs20100302_1bvr025608.html

this is the final paper of the meeting from the 2. march of 2010. in this meeting the Federal Constitutional Court decided that the save of personal Information of people is unconstitutional.

The save of these informations violates Article 10 subparagraph 1 of the basic law of germany.

Article 10 subparagraph 1

I dont understand why some people here are reacting that unfriendly to my posts as i only want to inform people about beeing careful what they are doing.

@PokemonRO: i reported you.

@Tepoo Again, if you have nothing to contribute to this topic for MAC Addresses, take your stuff to off topic and stop spamming this thread.

I have figured out how to get the Mac Address check to work for 2013-08-07 clients, with hercules svn 13127 or newer. Please PM me if any of you are having problems getting it to work, I will be more than happy to help you.

I will be releasing a get mac address npc script as well in the future.

Edited by PokemonRO

@Tepoo, yes, thanks for pointing those out now with proper URLs. However, this really only implies IF people host servers VIA hosting companies located in Germany (From what I've gathered).

Just to quote:

The Data Protection Act regulates the collection and use of personal data. If data is not personal data it is not caught by the Act – but it is not always obvious whether data is personal data or not. An IP address in isolation is not personal data because it is focused on a computer and not an individual.

(Out-Law, 2008, para. 8) 

Now that we've managed to stay off topic a bit... I recommend stop talking about legal action as it already has been mentioned... and lets start to actually talk about the implementation of MAC IP Address. If we can't manage to do that, I will close this topic.

Thanks.

MAC Ban NPC

Here is a Mac ban NPC. Credits to Goddameit for the original codes and the idea. I altered it to apply for Mac addresses instead. 

CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS `mac_ban` (  `list` varchar(18) NOT NULL,  `ban_reason` varchar(255) NOT NULL default '',  `unban_reason` varchar(255) NOT NULL default '',  `status` tinyint(1) NOT NULL default '0',  `ban_id` int(11) unsigned NOT NULL default '0',  `unban_id` int(11) unsigned NOT NULL default '0',  KEY `list` (`list`)) ENGINE=MyISAM DEFAULT CHARSET=latin1;

Here is the script

http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=rRsaK97t

MAC Ban NPC

Here is a Mac ban NPC. Credits to Goddameit for the original codes and the idea. I altered it to apply for Mac addresses instead. 

CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS `mac_ban` (  `list` varchar(18) NOT NULL,  `ban_reason` varchar(255) NOT NULL default '',  `unban_reason` varchar(255) NOT NULL default '',  `status` tinyint(1) NOT NULL default '0',  `ban_id` int(11) unsigned NOT NULL default '0',  `unban_id` int(11) unsigned NOT NULL default '0',  KEY `list` (`list`)) ENGINE=MyISAM DEFAULT CHARSET=latin1;

Here is the script

so i need the diff and the script and the sql code for this?

MAC Ban NPC

Here is the script

so i need the diff and the script and the sql code for this?

Apply the diff, add the sql code to your database, and then use the npc script. It works great, tested and confirmed.

Hello everyone,

Instructions have been followed: I have installed the .Path manually and made the change in the SQL data base. Im using 2012 04 10 with SSO login diff. Yet, anytime someone logs in, the row called "last_mac" doesn't fill up.

Any help would be great. Thanks

Edited by Adam