Jedzkie

MAC IP Address

Yeah, I tried it without the old login window and it works. thanks.

What do you mean 'old login window' ? Im not using ROLEX and not working in my 2013-08-07 client

Edited by kyeme

RO Cred has this

; Provides miscellaneous client information to the server as part of; the password/hash data. The password/hash is provided as 'key'.; Bitmask:;	   &1: Hardware address of the network adapter (mac).;		   Internet-bound adapters are searched first, otherwise;		   the first available is picked. If the MAC address cannot;		   be retrieved, '000000000000' is passed.; Note: The user receives an agreement prompt the first time they;	   provide the data to the server.; Note: The server must be modified to support the data format.;	   Example: mac=112233445566&key=mypwd123; Note: Password is always the last key-value pair and is not;	   urlencoded.MiscInfo=0

@edit

just leave it to ' 0 '. if you have Ryuuzaki's patch.. :)

Edited by quesoph

I really doubt it will help a lot, but maybe some newbies will fail at the mac check so here we go.

Hercules Developers are free to implement this code snippet whenever they want.

NOTE, do backups of your src folder AND your login mysql database, or wait till a developer implements mac to hercules.

1. Download the file i attached.

2. Place mac_check.patch into your hercules folder and apply the patch via GIT.

3. Recompile the server, do NOT start the server yet!

4. Open your mysql tool and select your ragnarok (server) database.

5. Copy the below text into the query window

ALTER TABLE `login` ADD COLUMN `last_mac` VARCHAR(18) NOT NULL DEFAULT ''  AFTER `pincode_change` ; 

6. Click run / apply to add the new last_mac to your login database.

You are set serverwise!!

What do you need to send the mac?

1. Your client must have the "SSO login" enabled. (i suggest R.O.L.e.X http://herc.ws/b...opic/930-rolex/ as the login system of your choice)

2. That's all.

3. Enjoy!

This is great!!!!

Can it be applied to rathena?

RO Cred has this

; Provides miscellaneous client information to the server as part of; the password/hash data. The password/hash is provided as 'key'.; Bitmask:;	   &1: Hardware address of the network adapter (mac).;		   Internet-bound adapters are searched first, otherwise;		   the first available is picked. If the MAC address cannot;		   be retrieved, '000000000000' is passed.; Note: The user receives an agreement prompt the first time they;	   provide the data to the server.; Note: The server must be modified to support the data format.;	   Example: mac=112233445566&key=mypwd123; Note: Password is always the last key-value pair and is not;	   urlencoded.MiscInfo=0

Isee! Its working now. Thanks for the info :)

So, If I don't use any 3rd party tools (Rolex,ro cred etc.), is there no chance for last mac to work?

@Lord Ganja

Yes it is possible with some tweaks of code.

But i won't supply any support for free outside of hercules.

I sent you a message sir.

EDIT:

Now working on rAthena!!!!

Thank you Ryuzaki for the fast and good service!

Thumbs up!!

Edited by Lord Ganja

Doesn't appear to work on 20130807 client, latest SVN manually patched. Compiled perfectly fine, SSO login diff is checked, SQL table is added, using Loki Launcher but also tried with RO creds. It doesn't log any of the mac addresses in the login table 

Doesn't appear to work on 20130807 client, latest SVN manually patched. Compiled perfectly fine, SSO login diff is checked, SQL table is added, using Loki Launcher but also tried with RO creds. It doesn't log any of the mac addresses in the login table 

Works fine for me with same client and lastest rev. 

Thats really weird, quesoph, do you mind uploading me your client? I assume you did a manual patch because applying it via tortoise svn would occur rejected patches?

@vincent do you mind uploading your client so I can test it out? It is really strange, I followed all the procedures in the .patch and made sure .diff had it checked.

I am using xdiffer and the 20130807 ragexe client

Edited by DivinationRO

i just want to mention.

its illegal so save ip addresses or mac addresses from people in certain countrys.

for example Germany.

if you save it, and getting caught this will be not funny for you. and there is a letter to the police of a angry user enought to start the check.

i just want to mention.

its illegal so save ip addresses or mac addresses from people in certain countrys.

for example Germany.

if you save it, and getting caught this will be not funny for you. and there is a letter to the police of a angry user enought to start the check.

then i guess you need to make an agreement on players before implementing this?

i just want to mention.

for example Germany.

then i guess you need to make an agreement on players before implementing this?

nope,

even with an aggreement ist illegal in germany. 

In germany it's only forbidden to save the ip, if you also save data that allows you to look up the identity of the user for the ip.

But if the user allows it, then even that is not forbidden.

Almost all forums and websites with a login save the ip and account combination and none of the sites got in any trouble.

The same goes for sites that log the ip without any user information.

In germany it's only forbidden to save the ip, if you also save data that allows you to look up the identity of the user for the ip.

But if the user allows it, then even that is not forbidden.

Almost all forums and websites with a login save the ip and account combination and none of the sites got in any trouble.

The same goes for sites that log the ip without any user information.

+1

Also the diff does not work for me on the live server I run.