Skyline

I've been curious for awhile now

So I've been curious for awhile now and I was wondering what is 3CeAM.

What features does it offer that rA or Herc cannot do? Is it way more advanced or not?

Why choose 3CeAM over the other two?

Why the name 3CeAM? Is it an acronym?

@@Skyline

3CeAM is a project I started back in December of 2008 when the first 2 3rd jobs were released in official. Originally it was supposed to just be eAthena with support for 3rd jobs while keeping the classic game mechanics, but it became so much more.

When compared to other emu's...

-It keeps all the classic game mechanics and focuses everything added in around them (more details in a bit).

-Keeps the same database formats as eAthena used.

-Is the most up-to-date on formula's and mechanics for all the skills for the 3rd jobs and newer jobs skills.

-Tends to have certain features first before other emu's have them (body styles and dressing room for example) I love to experiment. ^_^

-Is normally always stable since releases are done more slowly to give me time to check my code that its clean, efficient, and bug free (rarely do bugs happen).

To keep balance on the skills for the jobs introduced in renewal, certain things had to be done to keep balance. One of them is the casting system. All skills that existed before renewal (regular 1st, 2nd, trans, etc.) keep the DEX only 100% variable cast time things where 150 DEX by default gives instant cast. All the skills introduced in renewal (3rd jobs, Kagerou/Oboro, Rebellion, etc.) use the renewal cast system where variable is reduced with INT/DEX and fixed cast times and cooldowns exist. Its a nice mix since weaker skills are more easy to instant cast while more powerful ones cant. This is the only actual renewal mechanic in the project. Also skills that increase DEF/MDEF by a fixed amount had to be adjusted to be divided by 10 for obvious reasons.

In a nutshell its something many like to use to host a server for a pre-renewal game mechanic server that supports all the latest jobs and skills. Yes Herc does allow this too but things like Hercules and rAthena are more better used for renewal servers.

Hope this answers your question.

Thanks for the detailed explanation @@Rytech.

When compared to other emu's...

-It keeps all the classic game mechanics and focuses everything added in around them (more details in a bit).

-Keeps the same database formats as eAthena used.

-Is the most up-to-date on formula's and mechanics for all the skills for the 3rd jobs and newer jobs skills.

-Tends to have certain features first before other emu's have them (body styles and dressing room for example) I love to experiment. ^_^

-Is normally always stable since releases are done more slowly to give me time to check my code that its clean, efficient, and bug free (rarely do bugs happen).

In a nutshell its something many like to use to host a server for a pre-renewal game mechanic server that supports all the latest jobs and skills. Yes Herc does allow this too but things like Hercules and rAthena are more better used for renewal servers.

This is actually brilliant. Right now I only have a SHR server and have played SHR servers since forever. But my community requested that I also make a high rate and low rate servers with a Pre-RE game mechanics that has all the latest contents (e.g Mobs, Items, Client, Dress Room System).

I'll definitely try this out once its time to make the HR and LR.

All Hail!

I hope there will be a CLASSIC emulator in the near  future xD like the old spawn time and old map, since many players are looking for the Classic style server xD

@@Ranz

I'm currently working on a episode-system feature for my emu-project (which is eA / 3ceam based, so the sytem and all contents are compatible...)

As much infos as possible (regarding ragnarok episodes) would be helpfull here. Once I've the infos, I'll do my best to reconstruct every episode as good as possible.

This means you can just take database-files, spawn-times ... from my emu and use them in 3ceam.

Edited by 15peaces

Thats great!
maybe www.eathena.org will be helpful to you (i use the files there as reference)

Edited by Ranz

@@Ranz

I'm currently working on a episode-system feature for my emu-project (which is eA / 3ceam based, so the sytem and all contents are compatible...)

As much infos as possible (regarding ragnarok episodes) would be helpfull here. Once I've the infos, I'll do my best to reconstruct every episode as good as possible.

This means you can just take database-files, spawn-times ... from my emu and use them in 3ceam.

I was looking for something like this *-* Hahaha