Helena

Cart Termination and reflect

Question

I filed a bug report for this, thinking it was a bug, but someone said it's official behavior.

Apparently Cart Termination can be reflected with items/cards such as orc lord, while it bypasses skills such as reflect shield. Despite it being official behavior I would really like to change it. 

Can someone help me make it so that the CT skill can't be reflected with cards, items or skills? Thanks a lot! :)

14 answers to this question

I saw that report you made. I feel like that report was tossed out too quickly.

I was under the assumption that CT was unable to be reflected by any means. %Damage cards do not even effect CT. I've never seen CT be reflected by OL. Then again, I've never played official.

I did see in your screenshots you were using RE. Are the behaviors maybe different in regards to Pre-RE vs RE? I am only familiar with Pre-RE.

If this behavior can't be changed, I'd like an explaination of how it even makes sense...

Almost certain Valk Mant and such also doesn't reflect CT...

Maybe a toggle in the config is in order?

I saw that report you made. I feel like that report was tossed out too quickly.

I was under the assumption that CT was unable to be reflected by any means. %Damage cards do not even effect CT. I've never seen CT be reflected by OL. Then again, I've never played official.

I did see in your screenshots you were using RE. Are the behaviors maybe different in regards to Pre-RE vs RE? I am only familiar with Pre-RE.

If this behavior can't be changed, I'd like an explaination of how it even makes sense...

Almost certain Valk Mant and such also doesn't reflect CT...

Maybe a toggle in the config is in order?

Those screenshots were posted by someone else, however I am using Pre-RE and CT is being reflected. On previous (eAthena and Aegis) servers I've played, CT was never reflected before and it still isn't on eAthena (can't say for rAthena and 3CeAm though).

Despite it being official, I think this is broken. CT is the only real high damage dealing skill a WS has, they have no long range skill or whatsoever to take their enemies down another way. They're a joke against professors already and now with CT being reflectable, they will just kill themselves when facing an LK/Pala that has Valk mant and an OL armor because the WS's HP will run out faster than theirs. 

Regardless of our take on it, it is official so nothing must be wrong with it. Either way, I'd still love to change it. :P

I don't remember CT ever being reflected... The skill was essentially the only one that could really penetrate reflect.

I wonder, since the server used as counter argument in my bug report was Aegis and not kRO, why was my bug report closed? 

Also... anyone got a kRO Whitesmith to his/her disposal that we could borrow? :D

Edited by Helena

I was under the assumption Hercules was following kRO behavior and not Aegis. If that is the case, I believe the report should have remained open and marked unconfirmed.

Now to find someone who can confirm this...

Still looking. Most replies in my bug report state that its working as intended, yet I'd love to remove the reflect. Anyone?

Spoiler

#src/map/battle.cpp

Search for:
----------------------------------------------------------------
if (flag & BF_SHORT) {//Bounces back part of the damage.
---------------------------------------------------------------

add below:
---------------------------------------------------------------
        if (!status_reflect && skill_id == WS_CARTTERMINATION && !status_bl_has_mode(src, MD_STATUS_IMMUNE)) //Ignoring all reflecting (psyz)
        {
            rdamage = 0;
            return 0;
        }
------------------------------------------------------------------

change:
-----------------------------------------------
if (!status_reflect && sd && sd->bonus.short_weapon_damage_return) {
------------------------------------------------

per:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
else if (!status_reflect && sd && sd->bonus.short_weapon_damage_return) {
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

This modification was made in the rA, but you can adapt to Herc.

@Haru ,CARTTERMINATION should not be reflected by cards nor using REFLECT SHIELD, this has long been configured to reflect by cards, pass this to the development manager.