evilpuncker

4 new permissions

would you like to see it implemented?  

51 members have voted

1. 1. would you like to see it implemented?

• yes
    • no
    • whatever...

[*]Cannot pick up items

[*]Cannot buy/sell items at npc (opening the trade windows is okay tho)

[*]Do not gain experience

[*]Cannot use skills

disable_pickup
disable_store
disable_exp
disable_skill_usage

old patch here, made by clydelion

http://pastebin.com/E7ABJ3cC

Edited by evilpuncker

there should be some notification, "Drops have been disabled on this map" etc

otherwise players will be reporting them as bugs

is this setting for map zone ? or group id ?

Groups, I suppose. For maps, there are already mapflags like noexp, noskill etc

they are for groups my dear yommy <3 as gepard said

Yeah, this could remove some cumbersomeness that makes trying to restrict that from your GMs by other means.

On my side, I made an unequippable headgear which weighed 111% the original GM's weight capacity, and assigned it to the GM via the DB then removed any statpoint left. This way the GM had all those permissions applied because it was 1/1 novice without even basic skills.

I am personally not too fond of the idea, not that its bad, but it kind of feels like somethings are being pushed a bit too far in regards to customization. 

I am fine with some new features and what not, but I don't think it is that much of a good idea to add every feature (For as useful as it can be) cluttering up the code with not-so-much-deal-breaking configurations/options.

With the plugin system and any improvements it might have in the future, adding custom modifications is only going to be a matter of minutes, so everyone can freely mess up or overcomplicate their own installation without overcluttering the code with stuff that might not be really needed by most people.

Please note though, this particular change might not be too big to add (And my comment is not regarding this particular suggestion, but more of a common thing), but its just I've been seeing some "Make this a builtin feature" more and more often everyday... 

I sort of agree with the above (perhaps the time to make this could be best invested in making group permissions hpm-friendly so a plugin could do this instead), but if there is demand for it to be built in, sure, in my opinion.

AYEE FEEDBACK <3

+1 to this,

i'm not sure what problems it might caused on the back-end part, but definitely this is much more useful to all server owners in restricting. Aside from the back-end source code part, I can't see how this can be a bad choice lol.

I was not able to made a pull request, so I'm bumping it to first page since it got many supporters (I think?!) so I don't mind that devs will mind implementing it :)  (but please don't make it a plugin :P)

I am personally not too fond of the idea, not that its bad, but it kind of feels like somethings are being pushed a bit too far in regards to customization. 

I am fine with some new features and what not, but I don't think it is that much of a good idea to add every feature (For as useful as it can be) cluttering up the code with not-so-much-deal-breaking configurations/options.

With the plugin system and any improvements it might have in the future, adding custom modifications is only going to be a matter of minutes, so everyone can freely mess up or overcomplicate their own installation without overcluttering the code with stuff that might not be really needed by most people.

Please note though, this particular change might not be too big to add (And my comment is not regarding this particular suggestion, but more of a common thing), but its just I've been seeing some "Make this a builtin feature" more and more often everyday...

I sort of agree with the above (perhaps the time to make this could be best invested in making group permissions hpm-friendly so a plugin could do this instead), but if there is demand for it to be built in, sure, in my opinion.

I agree with XGear and Ind, it'd better if this was a plugin and not a built-in feature, it just seems more things to do maintenance and clutter our main code-base. Let's just wait what a high-up has to say about this...

i think i actually have some permissions from clydelion from before, but i can't find them but it also restricts the use of skills storage and all that ill update my post when i see it but this would really be a nice addition!