Sign in to follow this  
emumu

Two Images Cutin AT ONCE

Question

it's my pleasure to have met such a wonderful server program.

this is my first post & glad to meet you.

btw i have a  problem.

"HOW TO MAKE TWO ILLUSTS CUTIN AT A TIME."

my original NPCs wish to talk & talk each other on same display :(

i think it's impossible so far.

coz as written in rAthena wiki...

The client is able to display only one cutin at the same time and each new one will cause the old one to disappear.

Could you tell me how to solve this problem?

OR can i adjust the position where ILLUSTS appear.(MORE DETAIL THAN 0/1/2)

Edited by emumu

9 answers to this question

Use paint or photoshop haha

make a new illustpic

illustpic3 = illustpic1 and illustpic2

cutin illustpic3

nvertried

thanks for replying.

it's not so bad way, but i think many combination will be needed.

too hard to make all variation & too much GRF bytes.... ;D

would you tell me how to change position of illusts?

like:

cutin "kafra_07",2;

i need a bit more left position, but less than position "1".

Use paint or photoshop haha

make a new illustpic

illustpic3 = illustpic1 and illustpic2

cutin illustpic3

nvertried

/docs/script_commands.txt

*cutin "<filename>",<position>;This command will display a picture, usually an NPC illustration, alsocalled cutin, for the currently attached client. The position parameterdetermines the placement of the illustration and takes following values:    0 - bottom left corner    1 - bottom middle    2 - bottom right corner    3 - middle of screen in a movable window with an empty title bar    4 - middle of screen without the window header, but still movable 

but i want to put illustrations on the area which cannot be controlled by the "cutin" script command.

a position like:

between 0 and 1.

center of 1 and 2.

is it impossible to put on other positions but 0/1/2/3/4 as in "cutin" command explanation?

These are game client limitations, and have nothing to do with server.

You have 2 options:

• add more transparent background to the sides of images so they are not placed in usual spot; you will have to check how it works in different resolutions though
  • modify client (involves disassembling/hexing) - most likely not even worth it

What I can think of is like making an NPC event attached to the NPC that while speaking to it, just alternates between both cutins very quickly and when you press next or close it just stops. This way you get an illusion of having both cutins at the same time, but consumes a lot of resources.

to Gepard

• add more transparent background to the sides of images so they are not placed in usual spot; you will have to check how it works in different resolutions though

yeah, i'm choosing this idea now...

you told me the most smart way that i modify/hexing client.

thank you XD

i need to study how to hex them though... :(

hmm...could you tell me good resource to study it?

to jaBote

wow, what a unique idea! XD

i cannot choose that way coz it must cost too much resources as you say.

thanks!

it seems resulting in studying hexing.

thank you :)

Yeah, it could be a good idea, but its resource cost may result a bit high. Maybe someone could conduct some experimentation on this?

Anyways, if you want to make new cutins (even from existing ones) you don't need to hex your client. You only have to take files from your GRF, edit them and put them back on your custom server's GRF. Read this piece of description from doc/script_commands.txt

The picture is read from datatexture유저인터페이스illust, from both the GRF archive and data folder, and is required to be a bitmap. The file extension .bmp can be omitted. Magenta color (#ff00ff) is considered transparent. There is no limit placed on the size of the illustrations by the client, although loading of large pictures (about 700x700 and larger) causes the client to freeze shortly (lag). Typically the size is about 320x480. New illustrations can be added by just putting the new file into the location above.

Just remember that and you'll be fine when making your 2 NPC sprites to be together. You can even use MSPaint for this.

Yeah, it could be a good idea, but its resource cost may result a bit high. Maybe someone could conduct some experimentation on this?

If done on the server-side, you'll have constant flood of network traffic; then imagine if 100 people talk to such an NPC.

If done on either side, you'll most likely have a great deal of flicker; players with epilepsy won't be very much amused.