Jguy

Name and source changes [2016 April Fool]

Hello folks,

1_jmanathena.png

Glad I could catch you. I have an announcement to make, that I'm sure you will find most satisfactory.

From hence here forth, Hercules will be renamed to JmanAthena. This is to reflect my superiority over the Ragnarok Online Emulator scene. A commit will go through shortly that will reflect the change to the emulator.

The source code will also change thusly:

* The GNU GPL license will be removed and replaced with "GNUJman version 1". This license is basically "All your base are belong to me".
* The 'src' folder will immedately be renamed to 'jman'. Yes, this will probably break a lot of stuff, but it'll be up to you as users to deal with it.

* We will immediately be removing support for the /db/ folder as it stands now. Instead, all of the databases will be hosted on JmanAthena's servers.

Furthermore, the following staff changes will be effective immediately:

* Ind's account will be deleted. All contributions of his to the emulator either via the forum or source will be permanently deleted.

* I am promoting this guy: http://herc.ws/board/user/15-zach/ to be JmanAthena's new development manager. Yes, no commits to the git repository and no forum posts, but I believe he has what it takes to do the job.

* The moderator's abilities as moderators will be eliminated. Instead, all moderator actions must go through myself or the new Development Manager

* Haru and Mystery will keep their titles but as the regular moderators, their actions must go through me. Their existence as administrators will be pretty much eliminated.

Furthermore, the server hosting JmanAthena will be hosted on a 192kbit connection out of my house. But don't worry, my internet is as stable as the communications between the Philae lander and Earth.

Welcome to the future! Welcome to the best RO Emulator money can buy (oh yeah, forgot to mention, to get access you must pay $9.99/mo plus shipping and handling of $39.99 in order to use JmanAthena). Welcome to JmanAthena!

(Note: Some of this post might be exaggerated for humor and entertainment value. Results may differ.)

Note: Special thanks to hemagx for the logo. :)

@@Jman seriously?

Welcome to the future! Welcome to the best RO Emulator money can buy (oh yeah, forgot to mention, to get access you must pay $9.99/mo plus shipping and handling of $39.99 in order to use JmanAthena). Welcome to JmanAthena!

@@Jman seriously?

April Fools?

HAHAHA!!

I knew it was a joke, but now that I noticed that too.

'Happy April fools day - Hercules'.

Haha, I was beginning to wonder if anyone would notice that.

Why don't you just change the domain name too?  -_-

We thought about it at first but this would screw with SEO. Not only that, it could take the 24h for the DNS to settle, then 24 more hours for it to settle back. Not worth it.

Isnt April 1 already over :P

Yup. I was a little late posting this (about 9am 1 April my time), but wanted to keep it up for nearly 24 hours.

Some people did think that this was real and question it. It was somewhat amusing and something I've always wanted to do. Glad if you got a kick out of it :)

HAHAHA!!

you actually won a free source modification from me ;)

HAHAHA!!

Haha, I was beginning to wonder if anyone would notice that.

Haha. I was wondering if anyone else noticed the little crumb pieces you left :P

Oh my! Haha, I just saw this now and got a heart attack!

Late april fool for me, nice one!

- My first thought however was : 'Who did that bad copycat of the actual logo?' LOL