Sign in to follow this  
Zirius

What is "Official" and what is "Aegis"?

I'd been lurking Hercules for sometime now, and got some free time I want to use in anyway to help the community. I am interested in making Hercules emulate the official RO behavior, specifically pre Renewal, but I need to clear some things up. As far as I know, hercules shadows the Aegis emulator, the emulator that official servers uses. So, which servers official/Aegis that are still running, I can play/bot with?

My current candidate is iRO classic Loki server. If I try to make accounts there, are those usable to gather info for official preRE hercules needs?

Thanks!

Original jAthena (from what Hercules is forked from) goal was to emulate kRO as much as possible. From back in 2002-2004 when AppleMod and Athena was forked from jAthena, this goal has remained true.

However, accounts on kRO became scarce and members began hoarding them for themselves. Leaks from the Aegis source code because few and far between so holes had to be plugged with data from iRO and Aegis data without source.

iRO is believed to be privatized now, so it is possible that it is no longer running an official copy of the Aegis software (it had some minor modifications over the years from kRO anyway). Only kRO itself can still be trusted to be official since it is still being operated by GRAVITY themselves.