Alayne

[Release] Scaled Yggdrasil - Raid

Hello Hercules members!

Well it's been a while since I started using this board, and I've corrected a bunch of problem thanks to peoples here.

Therefor, I've decided it was time for me to share some of my work. I'll release some contents from time to time, and once I'll found them clear enough to get used / shared.

So basically, here's a showcase of the first release I'll made.

It's not allready completely cleared now, but it'll soon be, so I'll start here with a showcase.

So please, let me present you: Scaled Yggdrasil

(I'm really a dumbass for banner and other picture editing so, sorry...No banner for my release ^^)

Scaled Yggdrasil was initially created for a server which never really started, PYRO. It's basically a giant dungeon based over Sword Art Online, and adapted to Ragnarok and the North mythology.

Basically, it's a 45 floors dungeons, which requires players to clear a floor to access to the following. There's a bit more than "simply" that, but it's the main idea.

The dungeon itself count 45 floors, 9 town, and a total of 123 maps. All of them are bounded to free maps, or to existing ones.
Therefor, you'll have to install 80 maps. I know it's really big, but that's the way I built it.

I do not own any of those maps, and I greatly thanks all people who provide these maps to the community.

Let's talk a bit more about the process itself.

To start, you'll just have to speak to the Scientist, in prontera. He'll give you some explanations about the whole process, and, more than anything, will allow you to choose a game mode.

mini_636422screenHercules001.jpg

Two modes are available: Easy and Hard. On Easy mode, you can visit any floor that has already been cleared by other players. On Hard mode, you'll have to clear each floor yourself to gain access to it. Of course, the final reward will be greater on hard mode.

mini_382666screenHercules011.jpg

Once you'll accept to enter, you'll get warped to the Entrance area. There, the Cardinal System will explain you a bit more about how the dungeon works.

mini_113312screenHercules013.jpg

Basically, the dungeon is constructed as a scaled version of Yggdrasil. You'll have to clear the 9 worlds to be known, each one counting 5 floors.

For each floor (which can count several maps, and have it's own monsters), you'll have to fullfill a condition to grant access to a Power Stream. The Power Stream allows you to access to the Maze, the entry of the Floor Guardian place.

mini_647188screenHercules016.jpg

By using it, you'll access to a map, where the System can bring you to the boss area.

mini_974549screenHercules020.jpg

By killing it, you'll free the floor and grant access to the following one.

mini_671655screenHercules022.jpg

Every step is explained through a tutorial, on the entrance map.

Once the tutorial is complete (if the player choose to follow it), the real climbing starts.

There's a lot more of things to talk about, but with this, the main system is defined.

If peoples are interested into this release, I'll add more pictures and explain secondary contents (Teleportation system, death stone, crystals...)

Edited by Alayne

Allright guys, here we go.

Finally, this package is ready to be released.

Be careful, the link is really heavy (112Mo to dl, I've been obliged to upload it through mega as the local board size limit is 72Mo).

It contains client and server addons.

If you have any question, feel free to contact me.

Scaled Yggdrasil

edit: link updated

Edited by Alayne

@@True Zeal, well to be really exact, that 45 floors, which contains 2 sublevel each, one being potentially composed by several maps. But it leads to an addon of 123 maps.

@@canditw, I've answered your pm. I guess it'd be more interesting to answer your question here, if you're okay with that, cause others may be interested by those questions.

Well you'll have to ask your questions here then ^^ As I said in my last mp, the link contains actually a wrong dir (installation in Server > npc dir). I'm cleaning it and I'll will reupload another one after that.

For the others features, what do you wanna hear about? Folkvang? The Dead Stone? The Crystals? Others?

Feel free to ask anything, and I'll answer if possible ^^ (well it should, as I'm the one who created this, but still X°)

Yeah if you're playing in easy mode, you don't have to clear a floor to access the next one's fields. On the other hand, you'll still have to clear it once to complete the raid itself, but it'll allow you to hunt news monsters inside the raid, or gain access to new informations.

When the raid is completed, the datas aren't resetted. But it can easily be added if you want it to work this way.

Yeah if you're playing in easy mode, you don't have to clear a floor to access the next one's fields. On the other hand, you'll still have to clear it once to complete the raid itself, but it'll allow you to hunt news monsters inside the raid, or gain access to new informations.

When the raid is completed, the datas aren't resetted. But it can easily be added if you want it to work this way.

Hi, curios possible to have on rAthena version? :D 74MB lol way to big file.

As far as possible, I work to be able to migrate easily the script from herc to ra. So it should be pretty simple to handle (the only exception is for instances).

But right now, the rA version doesn't exists.

is it possible to add a reset option?. example if i want to reset it for all players.

Question: Can we see other players inside easy mode?

Edited by devilz33

Well that's two features I didn't think off, but yep, that's possible for the reset.

For the question, what do you mean? See the name of all peoples in easy mode?

On 6/21/2017 at 9:43 PM, Alayne said:

Well that's two features I didn't think off, but yep, that's possible for the reset.

For the question, what do you mean? See the name of all peoples in easy mode?

Let me revise my question: 

Is it possible for players to interact inside the dungeon? like SAO. 
Can we see each other when we enter it and clear the boss together?

Yep, that's the concept and why I can't present it as a Dungeon or an Instance.

When entering, players must see each others, and collaborates as some condition to access boss room will require a certain team composition, a certain amount of players...and so on.

So yes. It is an adaptation of SAO. The only "limit" is that the boss access is limited to Team, as a Raid system doesn't really exists in RO

On 2017-8-17 at 3:19 AM, Alayne said:

What do you mean? That there's map missing in the rar? Or that some doesn't work?

Exactly, you're missing some maps ...