Sign in to follow this  
snowflake1963

Clone Killer ?

Question

12 answers to this question

Well the easiest way to do it is to kill all monster by event. When you pop clones, you affect them a dummy event (used only for killing), and use a killmonster command on that event.

Or you want something really specific?

Hello ^^

Thanks for the fast answer.

This is my problem:

We have a Poring Invasion in a town. Automated event.

We already blocked all skills for players, homuncs and mercenaries.

Pets go back into their egg when a monster is killed. ( by plugin in SRC )

Our problem are clones that still can use skills and can not be blocked by the map_zone_db.conf settings.

So, how to kill a clone that was created in the main town and is abused now in the event town ?

Regards ^^

Edited by snowflake1963

How do you create the clones? And how do you access the event map? As I said, as long as you provide an event to the clone creation, just kill it over warping. 

If it's from other feature than simple script, I need to figure it to try to bring you answers ^^

ah...Thought you were creating them through the "clone" command...Hum...Needs to think of it again then...

And when I say "access the map", how do players go to the event map? Through a warper? or a warp npc?

Okay. So the only thing I can think of is to call the clone deletion over a OnPCLoadMapEvent. Now honestly, I don't know how to remove this kind of clones, as I don't use them... Sorry but I'll have to leave someone else to give you the answer :/

The only use I had ever made of this command was through a gm command poping a clone of each class. But the jobchange kill them. Maybe you can check in this way, but that's not really...a 'clean' way to handle it. Suppose there's another option than just changing class to another one then back again to the actual class the player have.

Hum just a question before you go any further, did you try a simple killmonster? meaning before entering the instance, use killmonster command on a specified map that they HAVE to go through (to prevent killing other monsters you don't wanna kill).

Something like that. Cause if you use the clone command, you won't have the clones as slaves. They'll move freely on the map.

Hello ^^

my question / request is:

Is there a way to kill clones on special maps by, for example, a noclone-mapflag ?

Regards

Snow ^^

Removing clones can be done by using either of this two ways:

killmonster "<map name>","<event label>"{,<type>};

or

killmonsterall "<map name>"{,<type>};

Nah it doesn't work as the clones are triggered through player command @slaveclone. Therefor you can't kill them and only them through these scripts uses.