michaelsoftman

Should I switch over from rA?

I've been designing a server project in my spare time in rA, but now that Hercules is here, I'm wondering if I should just switch over.

From what I've seen Hercules updates and fixes many bugs far faster than RA, but the only reason I'm even wondering if I should is because rA just merges all of your changes in anyway.  I have no idea which to use now.

:/

I have one important question then.

Can I somehow bring my changes over easily from rA to Hercules?

I used TortoiseSVN for rA, I have a patch with all of my changes, but I can't bring it over because of incompatible versions (it checks for rA's SVN reversion).

I used TortoiseSVN for rA, I have a patch with all of my changes, but I can't bring it over because of incompatible versions (it checks for rA's SVN reversion).
either do it manual or by using TortoiseGit to support Hercules gitub format for at least less hard work in merging your diff...

:meow:

I have one important question then.

Can I somehow bring my changes over easily from rA to Hercules?

You can use svn command line options. "svn diff > patch.diff" will generate a diff/patch file. These are human readable, so if all else fails you can open it in notepad and it will uh, remind you of what you changed in rA.

You might want to check this out too. I've never used it but it looks like it might help.