Monsieur Panda

[Guide] Create your server & Client (2016/08)

Question

56 answers to this question

x3UxJyY.jpg

Up To date 2017 Version

https://habilisbest.com/raspberry-pi-and-ragnarok-online-private-server

+ Good Business Practices in terms of Herc server installation and administration.

+ Herc server Troubleshooting Guide covering most of the problems of the beginners and Other frequently asked questions.

+ [BONUS] Automatic Herc server Database Backup GUIDE to the cloud  For those who are crazy about their DB and want to configure full backup of their DataBase every 6 (12, 24, 48) hours.

All FREE from Habilis.

*Even if it says  Raspberry Pi .... It's Debian, OK!?

Edited by Habilis

This is the first "detailed" linux guide on setting up server side that I've ever seen in Herc  :lol: *or im just blind?*

Thumbs up! Keep it up~

yup That is why I wanted to make it ! because I use Linux as a hobbie, I'm not pro at all and I got a bit "lost" from the wiki. There is outdated information and missleading steps.

yup That is why I wanted to make it ! because I use Linux as a hobbie, I'm not pro at all and I got a bit "lost" from the wiki. There is outdated information and missleading steps.

Why didn't you edit the one on the wiki with this one?

Why didn't you edit the one on the wiki with this one?

I am completly newbie, I thought it would be badly seen if someone like me edit the wiki. Beside of that, because I do not master herc, I think that I should just post what I know and understand in the forum. And later, after the approval of the community, I will be happy to edit the wiki ! :)

Edited by Monsieur Panda

@hemagx I read something like this yes. Because I never used MariaDB, for now I will continue on my way but I will let a notice about it. Thank you for your feedback !

EDIT: Big update. Please let me know if you see mistakes or missing information ! Thank you !  :wub:

Edited by Monsieur Panda

Wonderful guide!

Congrulations.

Edited by LucasBrito

/!\ IMPORTANT /!\

STEP I.D.1 to I.D.9 IS OUTDATED SINCE 2016-08-20 !

But don't worry, I'll update as soon as I can.

Love, your guide very well detailed! i appreciate all your effort and time for this guide, still waiting for those images :D

I Would love, to have a screen shot every guide you made to help people easily :D

great job!

To be honest, there is nothing much to show. This is just text and console line. There is no "interface" or something  :unsure: 

Screenshot would just show command line I already wrote.

hello, can i get a help. i add custom items in my created server using this guide but it does not appear when equipped

Great guide!

But do you think that new-to-linux-world should be installing insecure server like this?
Meaning, anyone who needs this guide is probably unaware of security things. I know that it's not really part of the guide, but it really should be mentioned for the sake of all the new servers who are insecure :S
At least give a link to things to do first for a brand new Debian server before starting to follow the guide.
Anyway, great guide! :)

Imo, people who doesn't know basic, or at least, cannot even do basic search, should not open a server. But right, next guide will have a section "to go further" explaining security and other :)