• 0
Wolfeh

Severe prontera lag or unwalkable tiles?

Question

I'm using the new prontera map and noticed that around the fountain and along the weapon shop there are tiles that either take forever to move to or you simply cannot move to them. I opened the map in borf thinking they changed the gat tiles and all tiles are showing as walkable, so I have no idea what is going on. I thought that maybe there was a text file working like unwalkable gat tiles but I can't seem to find any. It does seem like it is using the old prontera gat map and no matter what I do I can't make it read the current one. ):

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

7 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0

Pfft. I tried previously rebuilding my mapcache with herc's mapcache and could not get the thing to work, so I gave up on that solution. Just now tried again with WeeMapCache and just added the prontera gat and it works now. Thank you! XD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

There are problems with weeMapCach. Can cause some problems in maps and I fear some instancing of maps it do weird stuff... avoid using it if you can

What kind of problems?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

Pfft. I tried previously rebuilding my mapcache with herc's mapcache and could not get the thing to work, so I gave up on that solution. Just now tried again with WeeMapCache and just added the prontera gat and it works now. Thank you! XD

WeeMapCache would change the MapID completely,

It have some weird issues with water tiles

Better to use hercules mapcache with --rebuild argument

"mapcache.exe --rebuild"

would rebuild the mapcache completely.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

Sorry about the late reply, I was not aware of this issue. @[email protected] I figured out how to get the actual Hercules mapcache working, turns out I had data included in my grf-files data folder path so that was what was messing it up... Finally figured out I could left click the command line to stop it and right click to continue the process (didn't know it had that feature, in the past we had to run it with an extra command which I've forgotten to make it so you could read everything) and was able to read that it could not find my resnametable.txt. So everything works without the potential of weird bugs now (hopefully). XD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...