Sign in to follow this  
Blinzer

Where are item scripts read and where are they defined?

Question

I want to create some new types of bonuses that items can have in their script but seem to be unable to find where the existing bonuses are defined in the source. This may simply be because Windows 10 has down syndrome and the search function is failing miserably to properly search files for their content, but I've searched through a vast portion of the map server manually and found nothing relating to any of the different kinds of bonuses you can give through items. Where would I find this?

Edited by Blinzer

4 answers to this question

Most of them are declared in pc.c (pc_bonus stuff, for the list of constants go to enum status_point_types in map.h) and then obviously executed in the correspondent parts of skill/status/battle/clif/etc. Of course don't forget to flag them in const.txt

Edited by Anisotropic Defixation

Hello.

First, read the doc. You find everything in it. Then if you wanna search text inside files, use notepad++, ctrl+f and tab search in folder.

Windows is not the problem ;)

I suggest you to look at items script and get inspiration from it, since you don't say what bonus you want to give.

Most of them are declared in pc.c (pc_bonus stuff, for the list of constants go to enum status_point_types in map.h) and then obviously executed in the correspondent parts of skill/status/battle/clif/etc. Of course don't forget to flag them in const.txt

Thank you. This covers everything I needed to know.

For clarification to the other two people, I wasn't asking for a list of existing ones or help in making items using existing ones. Thanks anyways, though.

Edited by Blinzer