Pandaaa

Recommend me a Ragnarok Hosting?

Question

Hello everyone,

Can anyone recommend me a ragnarok hosting with a fair price? that is good for first ragnarok i will release...

24 answers to this question

i personally suggest not to buy re-seller/ready-made hosting
just buy a VPS/Dedicated server from famous companies like ovh/degitalocean etc and setup everything yourself which costs u low and reliable
the only con u need to setup everything yourself(which is easy with lots of guides there/you can hire someone for onetime setup)

if you feel must get ready-made server
i suggest ragnahosting(with this hosting one my friend lost all his data on ddos attack but still good compared to others)

good luck

Location?

Asia (Philippines) sir

do you know how to manage vps?

but i dont know how :(

I wanna use VPS instead of Ready made hostings but i dont know how to setup.. ALSO there is DDOS Protection things on Ready Made Hosting, while in VPS dont right? how could the vps better than Ready made hosting when its about DDOS Attack..

i personally suggest not to buy re-seller/ready-made hosting

just buy a VPS/Dedicated server from famous companies like ovh/degitalocean etc and setup everything yourself which costs u low and reliable

the only con u need to setup everything yourself(which is easy with lots of guides there/you can hire someone for onetime setup)

if you feel must get ready-made server

i suggest ragnahosting(with this hosting one my friend lost all his data on ddos attack but still good compared to others)

good luck

(with this hosting one my friend lost all his data on ddos attack but still good compared to others) this thing is bad lol is it ok to use VPS than Ready Made?

What I want to recommend is learn to setup on a vps on your own. Don't worry to much about ddos protection.

Don't worry to much about ddos protection. oh why?  when your server attackd by ddos it wont be up right?

where can i learn setting up vps? only by buying a vps? is there any practice before buying it than reading steps to setup?

Edited by Pandaaa

well its all bout shared hosting! which we call vps... it can be effected by ddos by any other vps which u sharing data with! with digital ocean they provide fake ip to publish to public where there is less chance of ddos attack! since your ip will be hidden, else get dedicated server with dedicated protection(which costs alot anyways)

and about setup its easy! just try some guides! buy a 1usd vps(aruba hosting 1gb ram) for learning, else contact me ll do setup for you (pm for more details)

well its all bout shared hosting! which we call vps... it can be effected by ddos by any other vps which u sharing data with! with digital ocean they provide fake ip to publish to public where there is less chance of ddos attack! since your ip will be hidden, else get dedicated server with dedicated protection(which costs alot anyways)

and about setup its easy! just try some guides! buy a 1usd vps(aruba hosting 1gb ram) for learning, else contact me ll do setup for you (pm for more details)

you can search  here at herc. there's a lot of them. one of them http://herc.ws/board/topic/13146-guide-create-your-server-client-201608/?hl=%2Bneo+%2Bpatcher

Who do you think will attack you? I doubt somebody will ddos a starting server, unless you pissed somebody with a money to waste.

well for those people who envy the server..

you can search  here at herc. there's a lot of them. one of them http://herc.ws/board/topic/13146-guide-create-your-server-client-201608/?hl=%2Bneo+%2Bpatcher

Who do you think will attack you? I doubt somebody will ddos a starting server, unless you pissed somebody with a money to waste.

Is this your first server?

well yes.

well yes.

I see. Already bought a vps? buy a cheap one then  try and learn from it 

Unless your server is really popular, I can't imagine you'll be getting a Ddos attack. Maybe at 400+ unique players that may happen.

Unless your server is really popular, I can't imagine you'll be getting a Ddos attack. Maybe at 400+ unique players that may happen.

You'd be surprised. DDoS attacks start at 50+ players, it's kinda sad.

As suggested already, go with non-reseller hostings such as OVH/Limestone/etc. It will be a harder learning curve, but there are plenty of guides for it and you'll have much more control over your server. I would not recommend RagnaHosting, at all. I've lost all my trust for the owner after my scripts were sold without my consent, my real life friend getting completely scammed, with both money and fake promises, and not to mention all the shady businesses going on (cough, including the free gameguard being sold without my consent, then again, it doesn't work anymore so it's fine I guess).

As suggested already, go with non-reseller hostings such as OVH/Limestone/etc. It will be a harder learning curve, but there are plenty of guides for it and you'll have much more control over your server.

I would have to agree with this. I personally wouldn't use "Ragnarok-Based" hosters. I've had in the past when I did have a server, and the experience was never adequate (i.e. Frantech when that was still up). I then ran a server not using a "ragnarok-based" one, and well, there sure was a learning curve... especially if you're used to having things setup for you. I can only say, really, if you're okay with not having much control over your server, have things already setup for you, and pretty much given to you, then sure go with the resellers. 

Anyone of you can give me link for best guide setting up vps? im getting scared of buying Ready Made Hosting for my files(ragnarok) being scammed and selling to others, i wanna learn setting up vps but i really have 0 idea :/

btw, what is cloud vps?

EDIT..

i think i found a vps linux...

operating system bothers me while ordering and control panel optionss 

on cpanel the Free is VestaCP and Webmin

and for the operating system there are alot of choices Ubuntu,Fedora,Debian,CoreOS,CentOs which one? :o (Debian 7.0 only below) on the guide says he Recommend a Debian 8 lol

Edited by Pandaaa

I was looking for an Unmanaged VPS/Cloud KVM Hosting all day, I am from Philippines looking for hosting who accept remittance only i dont have card for payments yet :( i wanna get from OVH/Digitalocean etc., but it only accept card right? :( if anyone here from Philippines and knows where to buy Unmanaged VPS with good price and good host please hit me up!

I was looking for an Unmanaged VPS/Cloud KVM Hosting all day, I am from Philippines looking for hosting who accept remittance only i dont have card for payments yet :( i wanna get from OVH/Digitalocean etc., but it only accept card right? :( if anyone here from Philippines and knows where to buy Unmanaged VPS with good price and good host please hit me up!

No credit card? I advise you to order paymaya card. Try to search on it. No registration required. Just order on their website and pay 150php when the card delivered.

Then follow instructions how to register it under your name.

Then create an account in paypal, link your newly registered paymaya card.

Im using it and can purchase items i want online.

Just make sure that you have enough balance on it before purchasing anything.

You can reload it even in 7/11 kiosk, sm, rob, ministop,

www.paymaya.com

Edited by khenma09

No credit card? I advise you to order paymaya card. Try to search on it. No registration required. Just order on their website and pay 150php when the card delivered.

www.paymaya.com

correct, i'm also using this,

www.paymaya.com

Lol Shato, your still alive!

@TS: i am also using OVH for years if your living in PH you can apply for Union Eon card (500pesos only) and enroll it online link it on paypal/ovh works well.

www.paymaya.com

Lol Shato, your still alive!

@TS: i am also using OVH for years if your living in PH you can apply for Union Eon card (500pesos only) and enroll it online link it on paypal/ovh works well.

Yow whats up? Yea i'm still alive xD! :D  :D i just comeback at ph. xD gonna make new server. :D