Sign in to follow this  
esquilla13

Episode System

Hello, a lot of people have been asking about official server episodes. Don't you think it'll be a good idea to implement something like this? Like we're able to switch from episodes to another?

//Switch to Server Episodes

//1=Start of the Adventure Episode

//2=Lutie Episode

//3=Comodo Episode

//4=War of Emperium Episode

//5=Juno ~ Forgotten Legacy of an Ancient Era Episode

//6=Beyond Rune-Midgarts (The Global Project) Episode

//7=Umbala ~ Village of the Utan Tribe Episode

//Just a sample i dont know the whole episodes of RO

episode_type=1

This will probably a huge project though. I hope someone or some guys can work on this. Just a suggestion. ♥ ♥

Hello, a lot of people have been asking about official server episodes. Don't you think it'll be a good idea to implement something like this? Like we're able to switch from episodes to another?

//Switch to Server Episodes

//1=Start of the Adventure Episode

//2=Lutie Episode

//3=Comodo Episode

//4=War of Emperium Episode

//5=Juno ~ Forgotten Legacy of an Ancient Era Episode

//6=Beyond Rune-Midgarts (The Global Project) Episode

//7=Umbala ~ Village of the Utan Tribe Episode

//Just a sample i dont know the whole episodes of RO

episode_type=1

This will probably a huge project though. I hope someone or some guys can work on this. Just a suggestion. ♥ ♥

They can but since there's alot of changes from the old source to the new.

It's hard for developer to make it possible and time consuming..

But i think doing it manually is the best way to down grade the episode from renewal to classic pre-renewal

What do I need to become a developer of the Hercules Staff and try to put this project forward?

you may check the guidelines and criteria here - http://herc.ws/board/contactus/

Do I need to fix some emulator bug to apply for the Development spot? Is there a specific number of fixes?

What do I need to become a developer of the Hercules Staff and try to put this project forward?

you may check the guidelines and criteria here - http://herc.ws/board/contactus/

Do I need to fix some emulator bug to apply for the Development spot? Is there a specific number of fixes?

Yes you do (for developer positions). There is no fixed number, just go about making fixes and submit your application for the team to decide whether you're suitable or not for the position.

there is a problem on your suggestion, how do you will make a item/mob/npc database for each episode? (drops and spawns and stats changes on every new episode) change the source to make the skill balances looks more easy with if and else, but will make the emulator heavy as... You'll need to make a full mob and item db, and npc locaiton/spawns file for EACH episode. You can put 4~5 years of search and fixes to finish your system.

A more secure way is take the last herc, change the necessary things to make him on episode 1 (start of the adventure), this will spend some months of work and many months of testing. then take this emulator and start to make the changes to episode 2. In the same time gap (4~5 years) you'll have the first 12 episodes done, and can start with renewal episodes (if ragnarok still updatingon this way, he will be in episode 18~20).