Sign in to follow this  
Keanu

Flux connection problem

Question

Hi all,

Having an issue with connecting Flux to the database, It just seems to time out after 20-30 seconds! 

Bit of background, i'm hosting the FluxCP on a webserver  I managed to get it setup / installed  by setting up a local sql database on the webserver with all the herc files, then re-uploaded them to the dedibox. (Jumping through hoops, eh?) Atleast now i'm not stuck on the installation page, however if I try to go anywhere inside of the panel, it times out after a period of time and displaysss;

Error

An error occurred while trying to process your request.

Please try contacting an administrator: admin@localhost

I've tried enabling debug mode, no luck, doesn't give me any info. I've made sure that the webhost server isn't blocking off ports 3306, and that php is able to connect to external SQL Databases, i've checked permissions, i've recreated the fluxcp database user, i've checked passwords, i've checked the forum, but still no luck, even checked rAthena's board, but no luck. Server doesn't have a firewall yet, i'm able to connect to the sql database using Navicat with the fluxcp credentials, I even swapped the fluxcp user over to % on the database incase it was me giving the incorrect ip! Slightly tearing my hair out here! I think the next thing i'm going to do (Which I don't think will help, but C'est la vie!) is swap it over to it's own hosting / own domain to clear off any problems on that side. (It's currently on a subdomain for testing purposes!)

Any insights or ideas would be great. I can't help but feel it's going to be something really simple that i'm missing, and i'm going to feel like an idiot, but I just can't think what it'll be yet!

Kind Regards,

-Keanu

3 answers to this question

Hi all,

Having an issue with connecting Flux to the database, It just seems to time out after 20-30 seconds! 

Bit of background, i'm hosting the FluxCP on a webserver  I managed to get it setup / installed  by setting up a local sql database on the webserver with all the herc files, then re-uploaded them to the dedibox. (Jumping through hoops, eh?) Atleast now i'm not stuck on the installation page, however if I try to go anywhere inside of the panel, it times out after a period of time and displaysss;

Error

An error occurred while trying to process your request.

Please try contacting an administrator: admin@localhost

I've tried enabling debug mode, no luck, doesn't give me any info. I've made sure that the webhost server isn't blocking off ports 3306, and that php is able to connect to external SQL Databases, i've checked permissions, i've recreated the fluxcp database user, i've checked passwords, i've checked the forum, but still no luck, even checked rAthena's board, but no luck. Server doesn't have a firewall yet, i'm able to connect to the sql database using Navicat with the fluxcp credentials, I even swapped the fluxcp user over to % on the database incase it was me giving the incorrect ip! Slightly tearing my hair out here! I think the next thing i'm going to do (Which I don't think will help, but C'est la vie!) is swap it over to it's own hosting / own domain to clear off any problems on that side. (It's currently on a subdomain for testing purposes!)

Any insights or ideas would be great. I can't help but feel it's going to be something really simple that i'm missing, and i'm going to feel like an idiot, but I just can't think what it'll be yet!

Kind Regards,

-Keanu

did u try to change the  $showExceptions = false; // Whether or not to show exceptions (only applies to error.php)

to True ? 

https://github.com/HerculesWS/FluxCP/blob/master/config/error.php

Hi Shatowolf,

Ive got no idea why but that seems to have worked?.... no errors or anything...? Can't help but feel it may have been a DNS caching problem. All working. Will drop an update after disabling debug mode and show exceptions, incase it causes issues!

Thanks for the help and the quick reply!!

Kind Regards,

-Keanu

Going to say it was a DNS issue, still working after changing those settings back.

Thank you for your help.

Mods, please feel free to close off this thread.

Thanks!

Hi Shatowolf,

Ive got no idea why but that seems to have worked?.... no errors or anything...? Can't help but feel it may have been a DNS caching problem. All working. Will drop an update after disabling debug mode and show exceptions, incase it causes issues!

Thanks for the help and the quick reply!!

Kind Regards,

-Keanu

Going to say it was a DNS issue, still working after changing those settings back.

Thank you for your help.

Mods, please feel free to close off this thread.

Thanks!

you are more welcome mate,

yea it should be fine. even set to true or false. :) nothing to worri about. :)