Compiling problem hercules emulator

Question

[info]: Hercules 64-bit for Linux

[info]: Exported revision (src): ''

[info]: Exported revision (scripts): 'Unknown'

[info]: OS version: 'CentOS release 6.8 (Final) [x86_64]'

[info]: CPU: 'Intel® Xeon® CPU X3440 @ 2.53GHz [8]'

[info]: Compiled with GCC v4.4.7

[info]: Compile Flags: -g -O2 -pipe -ffast-math -Wall -Wextra -Wno-sign-compare -std=c99 -Wno-unused-parameter -Wno-clobbered -Wempty-body -Winit-self -Wpointer-arith -Wformat-security -Wformat -Wformat-y2k -Wundef -Wnested-externs -Wold-style-definition -Woverlength-strings -Wredundant-decls -Wcast-qual -Wno-format-nonliteral -Wno-switch -Wno-missing-field-initializers -fno-strict-aliasing -g -fno-omit-frame-pointer -DHAVE_EXECINFO -DMAXCONN=16384 -I../common -DHAS_TLS -DHAVE_SETRLIMIT -DHAVE_STRNLEN -DDEBUG -DHAVE_MONOTONIC_CLOCK

[info]: Timer Function Type: monotonic clock

[Fatal Error]: You are running Hercules with root privileges, it is not necessary, nor recommended. Aborting.

8 answers to this question

[Fatal Error]: You are running Hercules with root privileges, it is not necessary, nor recommended. Aborting.

This error says you using root privileges 

If you are not running it as root user, you probably run it with sudo, which is not necessary and also not recommended.

I installed another server with the same system and it works, I'm getting a problem that is not "root" but in the emulator, if this is not solved, I'll have to change to that one.

If it is really this is the problem, I would like somebody help me to fix it, I do not want to change emulator.

If it is really this is the problem, I would like somebody help me to fix it, I do not want to change emulator

This error says you using root privileges 

How do I do that? I find nothing explaining how I should do it.

Edited by elinhopp