Gomez

Client choice... Urgent help needed...

Hello. Im done with Server Setup. 

Now i want to test it. I have no ragnarok client yet. 

My question is ;

1. Can i download and install any up to date client (for example from here: http://www.ragnarokeurope.com/?lang=tr ) ? Or i need a pure KRO client or so on?

2. Can i patch any (2012,2013,2014,2015,2016..etc) ragexe file and replace it with the client's ragexe?

Please help....

22 minutes ago, Gomez said:

My question is ;

1. Can i download and install any up to date client (for example from here: http://www.ragnarokeurope.com/?lang=tr ) ? Or i need a pure KRO client or so on?

2. Can i patch any (2012,2013,2014,2015,2016..etc) ragexe file and replace it with the client's ragexe?

Please help....

1 : yes pure KRO much better.

2. 2012 for me. :)

Thank you !!!!

Can you tell me why pure pure KRO is much better? If i use a commercial euro client, i thought i would avoid translation and language problems? am i wrong?

Just now, Gomez said:

Thank you !!!!

Can you tell me why pure pure KRO is much better? If i use a commercial euro client, i thought i would avoid translation and language problems? am i wrong?

to avoid error yea,

kro here

7 hours ago, Gomez said:

My question is ;

Please help....

since the based emulator development (rA or herc) is from kRO, thus u must need kRO Full Client. which u can download it from here..

https://rathena.org/board/topic/106413-kro-full-client-2017-04-11-includes-bgm-rsu/

this is the latest kRO full client u can get. the nickyzai pretty old, january 2016...

while this one, can be say not too updated but not too old.. but u can patch the kRO full client using RO Patcher Lite made by @Ai4rei

and u also need patched ragexe client.. but, u don't need to replace the kRO full client's ragexe

since the ragexe client name is addressed by its date, should be u don't come across overwrite existing file option.

taking example of 2013-12-23cRagexe, 2014-10-22bRagexe, 2015-11-04aRagexe client..

so just let be & no doing anything to the kRO full client's ragexe.. just don't bother of it. xD

I've found build 2015 11-04 to be pretty stable. You'll need to grab the translation files and merge them with your kRO files. Use NEMO after that on your RagExe client and "Use Recommended" for the options. If what I've said is too brief or you get confused in the process, just message me or find a tutorial on the forums for setting up your client.

Hope your client works and you have a blast playing Ragnarok!

I think 2015-10-29a is suitable as well. I don't know the differences between 11-04 and 10-29 in depth. Would be a pleasure if somebody would enlighten me. :neutral:

Wow cool, it took almost a year till someone responded to me.