Ind

Obtaining Hercules

does svn.github.com is close now? i cannot update my svn anymore using svn up command on the terminal.

Svn links have already been updated in the first post. And yes, the svn. link does no longer work. This however doesn't mean that svn doesn't work, it's just a new link.

does svn.github.com is close now? i cannot update my svn anymore using svn up command on the terminal.

Svn links have already been updated in the first post. And yes, the svn. link does no longer work. This however doesn't mean that svn doesn't work, it's just a new link.

oh. ok sir, anyway, how can we update our old svn to the new one sir? im using vps(OS: Debian)? do we need to edit the files inside .svn folder?

If you're using tortoisesvn then there should be a menu option that allows you to relocate/switch the svn url from old to new. I don't quite know how that works though nor can I test it myself. Try googling it or maybe somebody else has a definitive solution. Jman is good at this if my memory serves me right.

my hercules data is up to date , but  I  deleted  some files  by accident, how can I  re-downolad  those data?

edit: my client is Tortoisegit

Edited by Angelmelody

If you haven't committed the changes yet, you can do as follows (on that pic I "accidentally" deleted conf/map folder with all contents):

Right click on your repository folder or the folder you accidentally deleted files from (whichever you like). Then hover the mouse over TortoiseGit and select Revert... on the new menu.

AqwfU0H.png

A new window will appear. This will let you select any of the files you deleted or modified for reverting the changes (on all the repository or just in that folder if you opted for selecting that folder). Watch out since if you revert a modified file, you won't be able to retrieve your former changes. Select what you want to revert, then click OK

g49zwVd.png

A new window will appear, which will revert all selected files for you. Wait for it to finish, then click OK an now you're done!

aeqf.png

Hope this works!

P.S.: If you don't know if you have committed it or that word doesn't seem familiar to you, then chances are you haven't done it since commits are almost always done on purpose

Sorry for using the Spanish UI, but it shouldn't be much of a problem here since I use English TortoiseGit.

If you haven't committed the changes yet, you can do as follows (on that pic I "accidentally" deleted conf/map folder with all contents):

Right click on your repository folder or the folder you accidentally deleted files from (whichever you like). Then hover the mouse over TortoiseGit and select Revert... on the new menu.

AqwfU0H.png

A new window will appear. This will let you select any of the files you deleted or modified for reverting the changes (on all the repository or just in that folder if you opted for selecting that folder). Watch out since if you revert a modified file, you won't be able to retrieve your former changes. Select what you want to revert, then click OK

g49zwVd.png

A new window will appear, which will revert all selected files for you. Wait for it to finish, then click OK an now you're done!

aeqf.png

Hope this works!

P.S.: If you don't know if you have committed it or that word doesn't seem familiar to you, then chances are you haven't done it since commits are almost always done on purpose

Sorry for using the Spanish UI, but it shouldn't be much of a problem here since I use English TortoiseGit.

wow ~ quite different from Tortoisesvn,

It's working for me , thank you so much

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If I have committed the changes of my careless deletion on local master

Tortoisegit-->show log--> revert that change ----> commit local master again?

Is that the correct way? Or is there another  better way?

Edited by Angelmelody

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If I have committed the changes of my careless deletion on local master

Tortoisegit-->show log--> revert that change ----> commit local master again?

Is that the correct way? Or is there another  better way?

I haven't tested but I think it's done that way.

Updating 649e7b9..ba5ca9e
error: Your local changes to the following files would be overwritten by merge:
src/common/mmo.h
Please, commit your changes or stash them before you can merge.
Aborting

Updating 649e7b9..ba5ca9e

error: Your local changes to the following files would be overwritten by merge:

src/common/mmo.h

Please, commit your changes or stash them before you can merge.

Aborting

Your answer is here:

Git Troubleshooting

Please, commit your changes or stash them before you can merge.Aborting.
Git doesn't update modified files even if they don't conflict unless they're properly "committed" in your local working copy, to do so is simple and advantageous (it will keep a log of your changes for yourself; so you can always go back and check what was changed and when)

- On Unix

git commit -am "your log message, anything at all"
- On Windows

1. Right click your folder -> Git Commit -> "master"

2. (optional) type the log message

3. Hit 'OK'

Then update normally.

Prior to committing, you should have set up your git username and email (they can be fake ones if you want) so that your commits can be identified:

on Linux:

git config --global user.name "Your username"git config --global user.email [email protected]

is it correct that with git you can let it update your own src that has modified work and let those still remain but do update to new rev?
that svn whont do ??

Prior to committing, you should have set up your git username and email (they can be fake ones if you want) so that your commits can be identified:

on Linux:

git config --global user.name "Your username"git config --global user.email [email protected]

No se como o que hice (empece a darle click a cada opcion), pero ya me funciona.

Gracias y disculpa las molestias.

on Linux:

No se como o que hice (empece a darle click a cada opcion), pero ya me funciona.

Gracias y disculpa las molestias.

Please use English language, Its okay if its not your native language just give it a try..

if my current git hash is 385e1e5 and want to upgrade to 972caf2 , I don't wanna  pull all commits  at a time

Tortoisesvn can did by update to revison , but Tortoisegit how to?