greenieken

Disabling rodex

Question

can somebody tell me how to disable this one? i keep on getting errors in my char server and warnings in my mapserver regarding this rodex. it pops out when i tried to use the latest herc. im currently using 2013 client

9 answers to this question

well this error is quite self-explanatory: it means the ID of your character is below 150000, which should not happen under normal circumstances unless you manually change the sql table

I actually used an old trunk previously, and now decided to use the latest trunk, and of course I used my old ragnarok.sql to retain all characters. What can I do with this? @meko

Edited by greenieken

The short answer is

UPDATE `char`
INNER JOIN (SELECT @row := MAX(`char_id`) FROM `char`) r
SET `char`.`char_id` = @row := @row + 1
WHERE `char`.`char_id` < 150000

But you also need to update all tables that uses char id, and I don't have the patience to write such a long SQL query. A simpler approach would be to check how many chars are below 150000 and just delete those chars and re-create them

I just checked the char ids, and unfortunately all of them are below 15000. sample pic below:

The previous trunk that I used doesn't have this rodex feature, (unforetunately) i decided to use the latest trunk to solve the deprecated commands, but now im having problem with this rodex now. @meko

charid.png

It's weird that your characters start in a smaller ID, but if you doesn't have Rodex button in your client, you can disable what's causing this error by commenting this line on pc.c

intif->rodex_checkhasnew(sd);

@greenieken actually this is bug what you not get this error in login without rodex, because wrong user ids must be always blocked.