Promeister

Easiest way to get offline hercs emu ragnarok?

Question

Please! if you have any easy tutorial to get a Ragnarok Offline with Hercs emu please do provide in the comments below. I'm using Windows 10 x64

4 answers to this question

Offline as in only available on the computer you are currently using? Hercules, by default, already binds to localhost (127.0.0.1) so there's no extra configuration required: no need to open ports anywhere, no need to register a domain name, no need to get a VPS. Just follow the official instructions: README.md

BTW, since you are on Windows 10, you don't have to install that oh-so-bulky Visual Studio, you can just enable the Windows Subsystem for Linux (WSL) and follow the Linux installation instructions instead of the Windows ones.

21 minutes ago, meko said:

Offline as in only available on the computer you are currently using? Hercules, by default, already binds to localhost (127.0.0.1) so there's no extra configuration required: no need to open ports anywhere, no need to register a domain name, no need to get a VPS. Just follow the official instructions: README.md

BTW, since you are on Windows 10, you don't have to install that oh-so-bulky Visual Studio, you can just enable the Windows Subsystem for Linux (WSL) and follow the Linux installation instructions instead of the Windows ones.

I was hoping something similar to rathena with a one click download and voila! you're ready to play your own offline server. but if this is the only alternative available then I guess i'll deal with it the hard way.