Ridley

Ridley's new PC

Hey guys, few months ago I built a new PC and I wrote about it at my Gaming Clan's place. But now I wanna do an english topic about it, I'm also thinkin about a YouTube Channel for Harwardware reviews. However - Let me introduce you to my PC "Dark Side"

CPU: Ryzen 7 1700x  @300€
Mainboard: Asus Crosshair VI Extreme @370€
RAM: G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB @3200, CL14-14-14-32 @370€
Monitor: ASUS ROG P27Q9 @800€
GPU: ASUS ROG STRIX 1080Ti OC @850€
Monitor:      ASUS ROG P27Q9 @800€                                                       
Headset:        ASUS ROG Centurion @270€                                                                    
Keyboard: ASUS ROG Claymore @250€                                        
Mouse: ASUS ROG Spatha @170€
Pad: ASUS ROG Wethstone @50€

The overall costs for this build was at ~ 5k€

The Centurion is a not yet available Prototype directly from Asus - Doing a review another time (it's different from the ones you can buy)

CPU: Ryzen 7 1700x
Originally I was about to get the 1800x but there aren't real benefits compared to 1700x or 1700 - except of a guaranteed overclocking.

Mainboard: Crosshair VI Extreme
It's a bit overkill, A Crosshair VI Hero would be fine too - but this one has a second M.2 Slot which I may use in the future. There were some problems with it due to the extended ATX Form Factor. According to the manufacturer it fits (and it did) but
A: The I/O shield is fixed and barely fits under my rear cooler. 
B: The 24 Molex ATX pin is vertically and I didn't notice until I wanted to power it  xD

T7iWkDs.jpg

ieSQF0q.jpg

Case: DeepCool Genome ROG
The Genome ROG has a built in AiO Watercooling and is ROG Certified (which comes in handy for my Aura Sync plans). 

7wdzOaV.jpg

The left panel got some Vinyls.

kZlIVB3.jpg

The right one was printed with UV print

g5Ueejr.jpg

RAM: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200, 2x16GB Kit (CL 14, 14, 14, 34)
RAM with Aura Sync and 3200mhz.
Apparently it wasn't as easy but I made it work at 3000 MHz with a latency of 14, 14, 14, 34. 
I wanted 2 x 16GB in case I ever need more. 

4HPKQ0Q.jpg

Rear Cooler: Cooler Master Master Fan Pro and Front Cooler 2x Noctua NF-S12A
The Cooler Master replaces the stock rear cooler, (Aura Sync Compatibility). The 2 Noctuas are in the front and replacing the standard HDD Bay (I won't use normal HDD Storages in this build). 

9jSPOGj.jpg

Highlight: Storm Trooper Cooler Protector

todz2ka.jpg

All 3 Coolers support PWM. The Noctuas are ugly but insanely strong. 
First I ordered the large NOCTUA NF-A20 but it was way too alrge so I switched to 2 x 120mm.

oEarJ63.jpg

Noctua Chromax Anti Vibrationsticks
Replaces normal screws.

rKInxpQ.jpg

Storage: Samsung 850 und 960 Evo
I hate Samsung - but they do by far the best storages. I use 2 x 850 Evo (500 GB) and 1 x 960 Evo (500 GB).  The speed is insane x). The SSD's are on the inner part of the right side panel. M.2 storages use the M.2 slots direclty on the mainboard, some use PCI-E.

X0wyu9s.jpg

8MR6TY5.jpg

GPU: Asus Geforce 1080 Ti OC
Not much to say here. I haven't had a Nvidia GPU in 10 Years but AMD had enough chances and I was quite disappointed of Vega. You can't use 1st class parts only and then use a 3rd class graphics card - so here's my Nvidia comeback. The GPU is mounted horizontally.

z1yL0Xr.jpg

HoneAWK.jpg

PSU: Dark Power Pro 11 650
As above, everything in this PC is premium, so is the Power Supply.

4VUqKNo.jpg

Cooling Paste: Noctua NT-H1
I love Noctua. Overclocked at 8 cores @ 3,9 Ghz 31°C. Stock at 3,4Ghz it had 24°C. Under Full Load it reaches at max 58C°

3QNEgqI.jpg

Full PC:

The lights are full RGB and adjustable via remote (also supports various modes). GPU is mounted horizontall. The fin on top is a W-LAN antenna. 

SEwTvZo.jpg

Chw6lth.jpg

Edited by Ridley