elderwood

Missing Effects - Error promt when using certain skills

Question

Hi,

I've been working on getting a private server working this week and after some struggling I managed to get it going, but some skills seem to be failing to find their effects. Whenever a Rebel uses "Eternal Chain" client prompts:

Str::Cannot find File: texture\effect\efst:flowersmoke\flowersmoke.str

I opened rdata.grf and data.grf with GRF editor and the file is indeed missing, the thing's I've checked so far are:

• Client is from 2015-05-13
  • PACKETVER is 20150513 on mmo.h
  • kRo is up to date (updated with this patcher)

Any ideas how to fix this?

Sorry if this ain't the place for asking.

Thanks!

2018-08-20 21_10_30-RO.jpg

5 answers to this question

Weird.

I guess the find of the file is successful when searching on the rdata/data grfs. 

Have you tried importing that file to your grf? It would have be something with the order grfs are read

The files are missing on rdata/data, but they're up to date so I don't know if the .str file is the one the skill is supposed to be looking for or if there's another issue.

I'll check it again when I get home, I ended up disabling renewall altogether because to my understanding Rebellion was'n yet supported and Kagerou/Oboro also promted error messages.

I'll keep you posted,
Thanks!

i know alot of the ninja/rebellion skills are within our GRF but they arent in texture>effect folder, they are sub folders of the Effect folder and if you open the up and check the skills.....for example go to your data>texture>effect>RL_QUICK_DRAW folder and click on our associated STR and you check the extract resources tab, and look how no bmps are linked to it ( if you put them all in the EFFECT folder rather then their own, they get linked and check marked like everything else....

I tried making one of the rebellion skill effects appear but it didnt work just by throwing it in and reusing the skill... no i think we need specific skill.c settings for it... i dont know , dont care too much lol 

edit: Yeah they arent supported totally, a few things are there but if you know how to code you can just copy rathena rebellion/ninja and move it over lmao 

Edited by lllaaazzz