vykimo

XPRO : cross platform client

I'm not sure if I'm right to post here, I hesitated a lot by fear of being reprimanded. But I'm convinced the project worths to be known and don't be lost in oblivion... So that's why I venture to post, so please forgive me if crowdfunding is not allowed. I try to be fair as much in this demarche.
So, now let's explain the project :

XPRO

https://intro.vykimo.com/

I. PRINCIPLE

Based on the project RoBrowser by KeyWorld (a RO client on web browser). XPRO is the project to update RoBrowser and to bring it into Mobile devices.

XPRO goal is to fully support this following exe version (latest version supported by rAthena): 2018-06-20aRagexe.

This project is very huge and it's currently the most advanced custom RO client ever made. And it has the main advantage to be cross platform (Windows, Linux, MacOS, Android supported) and very lightweight (ressources can be downloaded only when needed by the game engine).

II. MORE INFOS

You can find more infos on progress on my personnal website : https://vykimo.com/ (menu : zerobrowser)

Screen Example :

zeroUI.b48dfe0.jpgcashshop.44d2ce5.jpg

Watch it live - Playthrough in Orc Dungeon :

UPDATE 10/12/2019

BETA TEST :

I made 3 days of "real condition" tests with a team of 3 advanced players.

It was successfull, feedbacks were great and they only reported a few bugs in order to play "normally" on a RO server. What a good step !

In parallel, I talked with @Functor about possible Gepard Shield support in XPRO. But as you probably know, including Gepard Shield into Robrowser/AndRO opens a door in your server for bots. And we don't want to break his shield, so I'll work on my own encryption method. It'll be available later on...

UPDATE 03/01/2020

iOS version is out ! For the first time ever, you'll be able to play Ragnarok on iPhone and iPad !

Infos will come asap, stay tuned ;) 

Edited by vykimo
zerobrowser to XPRO

As an enthusiast of modifying the visual features from the original client, just the idea of a full open client brings tears to my eyes ;]]], so many possibilities, even creating a near complete different game.

All the best to you and this project mate. I'll be soon donating you some coffee cuz this seems like a coffee chugging project xD

\o/

Update 30/12/2018 :

Specialeffects
As you probably know, all the specialeffects (excepted str effects) are hardcoded in the client.
So, a big challenge is to reproduce the look of several effects we use everyday, as good as we can.
This task is the most laborous and hard part.
For instance, you can see my version of Warp NPC vs Official. I tried to reproduce it as close as official one.

warp_portal.88ca0bb.gif

src: https://vykimo.com/zerobrowser

BTW I'm looking for the list of effects with ressources that's use in data/texture/effect folder. If someone have partial or complete infos, I'm here!

Edited by vykimo

Continuing in that way : 

Heals (cylinders fx)
This time, I tried to mimic heal effects. It contains several textures (cylinders, particles) and it has a lot of randomization.
You can see here the comparison between my version and official effects. I spent +20 hours on these effects.
In the gif, you can see:

• Low heal
  • High heal
  • Highest heal
  • Offensive heal
  • Logout cylinder
  • Teleport effect

src: https://vykimo.com/zerobrowser

heals.b55e786.gif

(Still looking for help from you, if you have infos about textures used in specialeffects it could be nice !)

Edited by vykimo

Update 19/01/2019 :

Official skill list
Finally the updated version of skill tree landed! It was a serious lack in robrowser, we only had the old 2008~2009 skill list version.
Now, zeroBrowser supports pre-setting skills points, apply and reset. It also support multi-tab and skills description now follow official behavior (checkbox).

skilltreeInit.81131f7.jpg

Official skill tree
And the major update is the very famous Skill Tree view !!
Multi-tab, prerequisites visualisation (as you can see on the screenshot), and skill level selection are now available. (You can even notice your sitting character on bottom left side corner ^^)

skilltree.cee4caa.jpg

Hope you'll like this update that I found essential.

NB: After seeing screenshots, I think that it's not obvious... but these screenshots are from ZeroBrowser :grimace:.

Edited by vykimo

@vykimo
NICE! keepup the good work! everthing is looking awesome, im very curious on how it all done, lets hope it goes full realease ;]

cant donate via paypal ;/

Sorry
Money pools aren't available in Brazil at the moment.

Thanks a lot, your comments give me power to continue working on it. :blush:

@raPalooza~ I'm really sorry that you can't participate, I thought this paypal functionnality was available everywhere... I will look for another kind of crowdfunding.

However for now, I'm open if you wanna buy me a cup of coffee

Edited by vykimo

Official Costume support
A small update but quite interesting is the costume system now supported.
2 tabs are now available (I still don't know the purpose of 3rd one 'Title') and you're able to see yourself with or without costumes.

costume.efe620d.jpg

Renew UI : Storage
Storage UI has been updated ! Now you're able to open mini windows, resize them, make a search (unlike official, my version is not case sensitive) and sort your storage by name (fall or rise).
I tried to reproduce tricky behavior (escape key to close mini windows faster), resizing, save windows location etc... But some needs confirmation. For instance, what goes into Costume tab?.. even in my own client nothing goes inside. Maybe it's related to 'itemInfo.lua' with 'costume' field.

Hope you like how it looks!

storage.7b2b330.jpg

NB: You can watch progress on page : https://vykimo.com/zerobrowser . And propose some features + give infos/tests.

Edited by vykimo

Map infos
Update is related to map infos. Recently pushed by Gravity, a system that allow you to see on minimap where are located some strategic points on a map.
Navigation isn't implemented so clicking on it does nothing for now.

In addition, I added icons upon head of some key NPCs which are described in `signboardlist.lub` (you know? sometimes you see floating icons on map ^^).

mapinfos.194ca09.jpg

It is very nice to see someone putting the final touches to the web client finally :) good luck on this

Thank you for your message.

For now the development is paused, but if you could give me the list of things that are most important in the todolist in order to prioritize tasks. I could speed up progress :)

Today, 2 updates :

Indoor view and cursor update
As you can see on the screen, indoor modified view is now available.
It makes the browser game looks like more again like the official one!

Too, the cursor "not allowed" is available on non-walkable cells.

indoor.5447515.jpg

QuestLog
Huge update is related to new quest log system. The idea to develop it was given by @rapalooza on discord.

I discovered than the old quest log UI was replaced by this light version. I like this version too, and it is now available on ZeRObrowser!

Features like mob counting on the head and short description on the top right of the screen are here too.
With it, I think playing on the browser for quest farming takes a strong importance now...

questlog.6f584ba.jpg

Source: https://vykimo.com/zerobrowser

Edited by vykimo

Official Costume support
A small update but quite interesting is the costume system now supported.
2 tabs are now available (I still don't know the purpose of 3rd one 'Title') and you're able to see yourself with or without costumes.

costume.efe620d.jpg

Just in case you still don't know what's the purpose of the 3rd tab on the equipment (alt+q) window is for the Title System.

Depending on the achievement (achievement system) you finish you can get a Title, then you can select whichever title you want from your list and it will appear with your name.

EJ.   [Title] PJName

Edited by Manuel94

On 15/03/2019 at 9:38 PM, Manuel94 said:

Just in case you still don't know what's the purpose of the 3rd tab on the equipment (alt+q) window is for the Title System.

Depending on the achievement (achievement system) you finish you can get a Title, then you can select whichever title you want from your list and it will appear with your name.

EJ.   [Title] PJName

Thank you for the precision, I'll implement it when I'll start working on Achievement system !

whats this about recreating the specialeffects? id pay you just to respond 

do you have access to effects that werent included in the data.grf? If so i guess you must have some sort of packet viewer or something if you gotta make all the textures by hand again? 

Also you didnt post this on rathena ? 

Sorry im just a potato! 

Edited by Orca

2 hours ago, Orca said:

whats this about recreating the specialeffects? id pay you just to respond 

do you have access to effects that werent included in the data.grf? If so i guess you must have some sort of packet viewer or something if you gotta make all the textures by hand again? 

Also you didnt post this on rathena ? 

Sorry im just a potato! 

The data available in the GRF files is just the resources, the actual animation is done by the client code (which isn't public), basically his project is to look into decompiled client code and try to emulate these animations in roBrowser.

30 minutes ago, Asheraf said:

The data available in the GRF files is just the resources, the actual animation is done by the client code (which isn't public), basically his project is to look into decompiled client code and try to emulate these animations in roBrowser.

ok but hes actually editting the textures used in the animations from what i can see.. unless your saying the decompiled effects are just a bunch of numbers representing . . . pixels colors and positions. . . or something

Edited by Orca

Yes that's it. I recreate effects from my client IG (not decompiled version). For example, heal is only a flat texture applied on a cylinder with opacity and animation...

So I work hard on trying to imitate official content with code. (Btw if someone knows well which ressource is associated to which hardcoded effect, it'd help me).

For rathena forum, they deleted my topic because of the crowdfunding part.

22 minutes ago, vykimo said:

Yes that's it. I recreate effects from my client IG (not decompiled version). For example, heal is only a flat texture applied on a cylinder with opacity and animation...

So I work hard on trying to imitate official content with code. (Btw if someone knows well which ressource is associated to which hardcoded effect, it'd help me).

For rathena forum, they deleted my topic because of the crowdfunding part.

Sounds like a pain

Touch-motions supported
Very usefull update, I started to interest myself to mobile specific features.
Now, Android is officially supported and here are described touch motions I implemented to navigate in game.
I tried to be as intuitive as possible, inspired by Google Map gestures :

• Zoom : Spread fingers
  • Perspective : Go up/down fingers
  • Rotation : Inverted fingers
  • Reset : Double tap

It gives an immersive experience and prepare future updates for mobile client version.

touch_camera.27cb248.gif

Mobile UI
Another interesting update, the mobile UI.
I imagined by myself a new way to play Ragnarok Online on a mobile device.
I created a joystick on the left side in order to move your character easily. On the right side, I added skills in shortcuts in a rotating circle with size increased and an auto-attack feature.
Here are the gestures presented in the gif:

• Move : Joystick on the left
  • Sit down/stand up : Simple click on joystick
  • Shortcuts : 4 Rotating circles with your shortcut bars content
  • Auto-attack : Click on swords in order to attack or cast skill on the nearest opponent
  • Context menu : Long tap on player

It increase experience on smartphone and prepare for long games on it.

mobile-ui.1a09d74.gif

Edited by vykimo