AnnieRuru

How to setup OFFLINE server for personal development use

Question

19 answers to this question

I'll just pick a few to reply

1. you did a good job helping people to instantly setup a server, I wont deny that part
just like playing games online, for example, just download the package, plug and play

what I did is post a proper guide for the community, same as many others before me,
http://herc.ws/board/topic/152-obtaining-hercules/
http://herc.ws/board/topic/968-guide-how-to-setup-hercules/#comment-6870
http://herc.ws/board/topic/93-guidehow-to-setup-a-ragnarok-onlineserver-side-only/

your package can last forever, assuming members want to use an outdated emulator
mine will not last, and will wash just like any other guides

2. I have A LOT OF MEMBERS asking me how to apply King of Emperium patch,
and when I ask how they setup their server, 90% of them say use your guide

your guide is plug and play, but it doesn't teach the process,
yes, there are a lot of bumpy road if take the hard way, but you actually learn something every time solve a problem

for example, following my guide, already learn how to update the server, apply patch, how to create grf, how to write SQL ... all in screenshots

3. and no, when comes to contributing, we have to use the latest/updated emulator ... same goes to rathena or hercules
for example, your current version which last update on 07 July 2018
it still having bugs on *inarray script command, and many of my scripts using this script command will throw error on your current package

yes, I told them to update to latest revision, and 3 people asked me how to do it, I just sigh ....
well at least 3 people doesn't understand the 9th minute part of your video

4. I guess we just have a different opinion on the subject,
I prefer to do the traditional method, and you like to help newbies
some might prefer to follow my guide, but I think majority (especially newbies) will prefer yours

make no mistakes, when I hear people say --> I just want to install RO just for childhood memory <-- I would still recommend your guide

5. I think its rude to come here and bash some other member's guide
I hope you won't do the same if there is another similar guide post on rathena forum

the rest are minor

compare windows to linux ... of course linux better ...
to be honest, I'm the only hercules staff member using windows, all other staff members use linux

imgur ... no ... if I make this topic fully load with screenshots, it eats lots of bandwidth

how did I learn to ride bicycle ?
my father rent a bicycle and I ride on it while I was 7~8 years old,
nobody push at the back, no book, no guide, straight on to the real thing, fell a few times
... typical chinese teaching method ... yes I'm chinese

EDIT: yes, how the chinese children learn how to swim -> throw them into the water
that's why western culture thinks chinese are child abuse

Edited by AnnieRuru

Because you screwed up my job and the people who use it, I have a duty to answer you here.

All that you wrote here (very bad formatted to be clear) - I just did in the RO offline pack and saved a lot of nervous and time for a lot of people.
Why someone needs to do all of these things in the topic, if they just simply download, run, and everything will work out the box just fine?

I think you and many people like you don't understand why the topic exists.
Because of the secret in simplicity. Key = Keep It Simple Stupid.
While all existing solution = very bad.

Another problem: super hard entry point for newbies for the next reasons:

1. Almost all guides presented very hard to find (whole process)
  2. Or Not actual most of them
  3. Or Not accurate
  4. Or Not correct at all
  5. Or confusing
  6. Or do not explain things very simple
  7. Or boring to read
  8. Or authors do not give a heck to answer in their support topics at all.
  9. Or everyone run around money and want to keep the entry point as hardest as it possible for very primitive things. "pay me $$ I will set up everything".
  10. And I do not talk about 100000500000 problems what people will have due to different operating system/software bundle, antiviruses, firewalls, etc.

It's what exactly done in this free package you don't need to pay anyone and will get absolutely ready emulator what you can run on your pc via single clicks without reading tons of useless weird structured documentation located anywhere (but not centralized and not structured) (or without documentation at all) with avoided pitfalls and everything else.

You just run, and learn in practice while having a complete and ready product for doing mistakes, errors, and learn on them.
I know already several guys which stuck on just setup process, and just right now write a lot of really great scripts, events, so on.

I think you just don't understand a really important thing and don't care about newbies at all.

For a lot of people super hard to learn something new without terminology or past experience.
People learn on examples and real practice much faster, then if they will read tons of useless theory.

And when even the theory isn't well designed, how can they learn something, even if the training/guides materials are extremely bad?

Go to my topic and read it again.

I wrote next there:

Spoiler

To make an RO offline server usually you need:

• setup and configure MySQL database
  • git clone emulator source code
  • get from somewhere client files
  • create a database for the emulator
  • set correct permissions for database users which will be used via emulator for working with DB
  • download and install Visual Studio Community 2017 with all packages (size ~10GB)
  • configure mechanic, turn off some SRC functionality and so on
  • Take from somewhere exe file, apply correct patches to your exe
  • Build a GRF with all required for exe resources and files
  • Compile the server (from sources to a binary file (what you can run on your OS))
  • Configure server-side (emulator), set proper settings, and so on to make it work
  • copy-paste your game-client files and exe to kRO game client
  • start MySQL database, run the emulator, launch game client

Now, analyze what you wrote in your topic And compare with the text above.
And now each mine new line = around 10-20 pitfalls/problems which will force people to stuck or even drop continuing doing what they begin to do.

Is it "newbie friendly?"

Do you even understand, that a lot of people have skype running, or different software which locks ports? Or antiviruses? Or simply don't know where to get the software?
Or they do not even realize what patches need to select in NEMO if they completely newbies?
Or they do ever hear about any great tools like SDE / GRF Editor?

You saying about contribution. 

Where do you get the assistance from (contributors)?
If the entry point is too high - you will not have a funnel of people who eventually become developers, scripters, mappers, etc.

On 1/17/2019 at 11:14 AM, AnnieRuru said:

Open Server x64.exe , WHAT THE F*CK is that DAMN THING

I'm sorry. Do you have a problem with that? Or what? You have not heard about portable solutions of webservers (USB-server)? 
Or everyone must make dirty their computers with unnecessary garbage, solve dependencies and conflicts over the installation of standard software?

This is (OpenServer) super great software, one of the best in the market, which always just works and works just fine.

- Windows users
windows sux, but 90% of the community still using windows, so I am targeting the majority of the members here

Windows very good operation system, that why it has 90% of people on it. Because it's very easy to use, and you can just focus on work, instead of on reading how to do primitive things, what in Windows I can do by a single click.

- You want to contribute something back to the community

It does not work like that. The era when it was popular (torrenting/p2p networks) = over.

If you need contributors = you need to grow them from newbies. Newbies -> scripters -> src devs -> contributors.

You want newbies -> contributors. Cool, and how many messes you will see on issue tracker then?
Or what they can share if they do not know how to setup server?

if you just want to have fun by yourself, of course it's fine to use that 5 minute instant noodle guide

guVJ7CY.png

This guide might be different than the rest because the links and screenshots in this topic only available while it still last (Jan 2019)

imgur, keep links for years. Or you can use GitHub images properly =)

but if you follow closely to this guide, you will learn the proper method to setup your offline server

Proper guide with what reason?) And for who?) And what people will get? wasted a lot of time on things, what they can always learn in real experience with 1 click solution?)
How did you learn how to ride a bicycle, you first read a whole book about cycling, or you were just put on a bicycle, and then you were pushed, and then you learned how to ride after some falls?) This is exactly the reading of the book you suggest instead of just to sit down and ride, and in the process - to deal with everything, having an example when everything works, and thus (reading the manual) you cut off tens of thousands of people. I understand that Linux has imposed its thinking on you, but as you said yourself, 90% of users choose Windows over Linux =)

giphy.gif

Peace <3

Edited by anacondaqq

1 hour ago, AnnieRuru said:

5. I think its rude to come here and bash some other member's guide

Yes, it's rude. But it's the truth (my guide bad too, btw). I did not say anything about you or anyone especially, but I reading many topics on another forum and found out that just a few topics are written not well (tutorials only I mean). Even for example just GitHub wiki pages for both emulators, it's so big pain to follow/understand/do... I think the guys who wrote it, even not tried to follow their guides at all. I tried, and can admit = they are wrong, and can be changed (when will have free time, and if my PR will not be rejected, I can change it)

yes, how the chinese children learn how to swim -> throw them into the water

This what I tried to do with the offline pack, just throw newbies in water, not drive them through links for days \ for months in search of water.
When you have everything ready and working, it's much easier for you to navigate the rest, do experiments, break everything, destroy everything, then start again, and again, and again, by doing many many many mistakes which learn more, then any guides posted on any forum.

for example, your current version which last update on 07 July 2018

Yea, because I'm busy right now. Not sure if "something new" better. I checking github every signle day and read commits, changes, and I think after changing map flags, and touching other staff, rathena not stable at all right now, and have much more bugs, then before these changes. So 07 July 2018 = old,  but not so bad.

your package can last forever, assuming members want to use an outdated emulator

false =)

How to update all components = explained. All tools included too.

In short if it's something about emulator:

1. run cmder
  2. git pull origin
  3. install VS 2017 (select C++)
  4. Open rAthena.sln (must be opened in VS 2017)
  5. Right click on rAthena Solution -> Retarget Solution -> OK
  6. Press CTRL+B
  7. Optionally if were changes related to sql: run OpenServer -> Click On it -> Phpmyadmin -> login to it -> select database -> import -> import update to your db.
  8. done, emulator update done, for all of this usually need not more then 3-5 mins.
  9. If rathena wouldn't be crazy and wouldn't use YAML, which is absolutely incompatible with many compilers properly without a lot of issues (i like hercules over rAthena because of such small issues) (they know what we're talking about), I'd also can deliver a portable compiler (250MB) for compiling the emulator, which would immediately help and compile the emulator and apply the necessary sql Updates (if necessary)

So it's easy too. 

But again, i have nothing against your, or anyone else guides, if you write it = write, many people will find them useful.

If you can, please edit Images in your topic, because right now they looks like:

opTzeml.png

just change links to 

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/AnnieRuru/customs/master/server%20setup/Step%207a.png

format.

thanks for the criticism, this post is better, +1

about visual studio 2017 guide in the image, yes I admit that part was the most frustrating one ...
it just ... this part took me 3 days to install .. download 2.5 GB is a lot

download visual studio, 1 day ...
hercules need Windows 10 SDK 10.0.15063 ... download 1 day ...
rathena need Windows 8.1 SDK ... download another 1 day...

in my experience, this part makes me very frustrated

https://rathena.org/board/topic/117966-how-to-find-nearest-enemyobtain-a-list-of-units-on-the-same-map-etc/?do=findComment&comment=356462
he's not patient about downloading another visual studio LOL ... he is currently sticking with visual studio 2013, and I kinda think it works
btw he does update his emulator project to the latest eventually... and he having problems with creating patch
https://rathena.org/board/topic/118036-how-to-reduce-monster-atk/?do=findComment&comment=356762

2 hours ago, anacondaqq said:

Yea, because I'm busy right now. Not sure if "something new" better. I checking github every signle day and read commits, changes, and I think after changing map flags, and touching other staff, rathena not stable at all right now, and have much more bugs, then before these changes. So 07 July 2018 = old,  but not so bad.

100% agree, rathena kinda crash a lot in recent commits

PS : .... *click this*

Edited by AnnieRuru

9 hours ago, AnnieRuru said:

download visual studio, 1 day ...
hercules need Windows 10 SDK 10.0.15063 ... download 1 day ...
rathena need Windows 8.1 SDK ... download another 1 day...

I don't know if you realise this.

You could retarget project even if you are not on

Windows 10 SDK 10.0.15063

Windows 8.1 SDK

I used 10.0.17763.0

and retarget project by rightclicking solution in solution explorer.

function ok I think even in newer version of sdk

for both rathena and hercules (retarget)

and about download speed

Do make use of internet download manager ...

it's like "@speed 0" compare to normal way of download which is "@speed 100" 

it shorten download time by at least 75% if you use it.

13 hours ago, AnnieRuru said:

compare windows to linux ... of course linux better ...
to be honest, I'm the only hercules staff member using windows, all other staff members use linux

imgur ... no ... if I make this topic fully load with screenshots, it eats lots of bandwidth

Nah I would not agree only developer grade or someone pro on source code stuff love linux more

even when linux has nice and improved desktop environment the keyboard shortcut are all different if you are above pro window user you hate it

(it's like your kitchen stuff is not where it should be and you need to learn or find them when you need them)

13 hours ago, AnnieRuru said:

How did I learn to ride bicycle ?
my father rent a bicycle and I ride on it while I was 7~8 years old,
nobody push at the back, no book, no guide, straight on to the real thing, fell a few times
... typical chinese teaching method ... yes I'm chinese

EDIT: yes, how the chinese children learn how to swim -> throw them into the water
that's why western culture thinks chinese are child abuse

I guess same here dah

Westerner try to judge asian people's way to teach kid...sick and bad

When I got the chance to learn to ride motorcycle I had nobody to teach me nothing 

all the adult say is keep your balance and hold on to the speed...including fall and break the bone.

forgotten this:

You should include the internet download manager into the guide too 

it helps with download speed with anything bigger than 500MB

Edited by utofaery

14 minutes ago, utofaery said:

You could retarget project even if you are not on

Windows 10 SDK 10.0.15063

Windows 8.1 SDK

I used 10.0.17763.0

I need to test this, if this is true, this really save a lot of time ...

by the way, isn't this will make the emulator bug ? because our code isn't intended to be coded this way

5 minutes ago, AnnieRuru said:

I need to test this, if this is true, this really save a lot of time ...

by the way, isn't this will make the emulator bug ? because our code isn't intended to be coded this way

Nah all this time

I am on window 7 Enterprise ultimate x32<<EDIT

with visual studio 2017 and let the installer which downloaded from microsoft download all the package itself which resulted in 8~10GB total size

and then when try to compile visual studio says retarget project or nothing...

so I retarget ok build solution done. ... nothing happen lol.  except where I did source edit which resulted heal(28) not working...

The only sad thing about hercules is development is slowish compare to rathena

but rathena is a ship with lots of hole and slow speed...

Edited by utofaery

hmm ... its not backward compatible, like Hercules compile with Windows 8.1 SDK, will throw error

Spoiler

1>------ Build started: Project: char-server, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------
2>------ Build started: Project: login-server, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------
2>grammar.c
2>libconfig.c
2>grammar.y(34): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'string.h': No such file or directory (compiling source file ..\3rdparty\libconfig\grammar.c)
2>d:\ragnarok\hercules\3rdparty\libconfig\libconfig.c(27): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'locale.h': No such file or directory
2>scanctx.c
2>scanner.c
2>d:\ragnarok\hercules\3rdparty\libconfig\libconfig.h(46): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'stdio.h': No such file or directory (compiling source file ..\3rdparty\libconfig\scanctx.c)
2>strbuf.c
2>d:\ragnarok\hercules\3rdparty\libconfig\strbuf.h(26): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'string.h': No such file or directory (compiling source file ..\3rdparty\libconfig\strbuf.c)
2>scanner.c(19): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'stdio.h': No such file or directory (compiling source file ..\3rdparty\libconfig\scanner.c)
2>des.c
2>mutex.c
2>d:\ragnarok\hercules\src\common\cbasetypes.h(127): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'time.h': No such file or directory (compiling source file ..\src\common\mutex.c)
2>d:\ragnarok\hercules\src\common\cbasetypes.h(127): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'time.h': No such file or directory (compiling source file ..\src\common\des.c)
2>thread.c
2>account.c
2>d:\ragnarok\hercules\src\common\cbasetypes.h(127): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'time.h': No such file or directory (compiling source file ..\src\common\thread.c)
2>HPMlogin.c
2>d:\ragnarok\hercules\src\common\cbasetypes.h(127): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'time.h': No such file or directory (compiling source file ..\src\login\account.c)
2>ipban.c
2>d:\ragnarok\hercules\src\common\cbasetypes.h(127): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'time.h': No such file or directory (compiling source file ..\src\login\ipban.c)
2>d:\ragnarok\hercules\src\common\cbasetypes.h(127): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'time.h': No such file or directory (compiling source file ..\src\login\HPMlogin.c)
2>lclif.c
2>login.c
2>d:\ragnarok\hercules\src\common\cbasetypes.h(127): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'time.h': No such file or directory (compiling source file ..\src\login\lclif.c)
2>loginlog.c
2>d:\ragnarok\hercules\src\common\cbasetypes.h(127): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'time.h': No such file or directory (compiling source file ..\src\login\login.c)
2>d:\ragnarok\hercules\src\common\cbasetypes.h(127): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'time.h': No such file or directory (compiling source file ..\src\login\loginlog.c)
2>conf.c
2>core.c
2>d:\ragnarok\hercules\src\common\cbasetypes.h(127): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'time.h': No such file or directory (compiling source file ..\src\common\conf.c)
2>d:\ragnarok\hercules\src\common\cbasetypes.h(127): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'time.h': No such file or directory (compiling source file ..\src\common\core.c)
2>packets.c
2>console.c
2>d:\ragnarok\hercules\src\common\cbasetypes.h(127): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'time.h': No such file or directory (compiling source file ..\src\common\packets.c)
2>db.c
2>d:\ragnarok\hercules\src\common\cbasetypes.h(127): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'time.h': No such file or directory (compiling source file ..\src\common\console.c)
2>d:\ragnarok\hercules\src\common\cbasetypes.h(127): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'time.h': No such file or directory (compiling source file ..\src\common\db.c)
2>ers.c
2>grfio.c
2>d:\ragnarok\hercules\src\common\cbasetypes.h(127): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'time.h': No such file or directory (compiling source file ..\src\common\ers.c)
2>HPM.c
2>d:\ragnarok\hercules\src\common\cbasetypes.h(127): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'time.h': No such file or directory (compiling source file ..\src\common\grfio.c)
2>memmgr.c
2>d:\ragnarok\hercules\src\common\cbasetypes.h(127): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'time.h': No such file or directory (compiling source file ..\src\common\HPM.c)
2>md5calc.c
2>d:\ragnarok\hercules\src\common\cbasetypes.h(127): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'time.h': No such file or directory (compiling source file ..\src\common\memmgr.c)
2>nullpo.c
2>d:\ragnarok\hercules\src\common\cbasetypes.h(127): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'time.h': No such file or directory (compiling source file ..\src\common\md5calc.c)
2>d:\ragnarok\hercules\src\common\cbasetypes.h(127): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'time.h': No such file or directory (compiling source file ..\src\common\nullpo.c)
2>random.c
2>showmsg.c
2>d:\ragnarok\hercules\src\common\cbasetypes.h(127): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'time.h': No such file or directory (compiling source file ..\src\common\random.c)
2>socket.c
2>d:\ragnarok\hercules\src\common\cbasetypes.h(127): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'time.h': No such file or directory (compiling source file ..\src\common\socket.c)
2>d:\ragnarok\hercules\src\common\cbasetypes.h(127): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'time.h': No such file or directory (compiling source file ..\src\common\showmsg.c)
2>sql.c
2>strlib.c
2>d:\ragnarok\hercules\src\common\cbasetypes.h(127): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'time.h': No such file or directory (compiling source file ..\src\common\strlib.c)
2>sysinfo.c
2>d:\ragnarok\hercules\src\common\cbasetypes.h(127): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'time.h': No such file or directory (compiling source file ..\src\common\sql.c)
2>timer.c
2>d:\ragnarok\hercules\src\common\cbasetypes.h(127): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'time.h': No such file or directory (compiling source file ..\src\common\sysinfo.c)
2>d:\ragnarok\hercules\src\common\cbasetypes.h(127): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'time.h': No such file or directory (compiling source file ..\src\common\timer.c)
2>utils.c
2>mt19937ar.c
2>d:\ragnarok\hercules\3rdparty\mt19937ar\mt19937ar.c(46): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'stdio.h': No such file or directory
2>d:\ragnarok\hercules\src\common\cbasetypes.h(127): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'time.h': No such file or directory (compiling source file ..\src\common\utils.c)
2>Done building project "login-server.vcxproj" -- FAILED.
3>------ Build started: Project: map-server, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------
1>grammar.c
1>libconfig.c
1>grammar.y(34): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'string.h': No such file or directory (compiling source file ..\3rdparty\libconfig\grammar.c)
1>d:\ragnarok\hercules\3rdparty\libconfig\libconfig.c(27): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'locale.h': No such file or directory
1>scanctx.c
1>scanner.c
1>d:\ragnarok\hercules\3rdparty\libconfig\libconfig.h(46): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'stdio.h': No such file or directory (compiling source file ..\3rdparty\libconfig\scanctx.c)
1>scanner.c(19): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'stdio.h': No such file or directory (compiling source file ..\3rdparty\libconfig\scanner.c)
1>strbuf.c
1>mt19937ar.c
1>d:\ragnarok\hercules\3rdparty\libconfig\strbuf.h(26): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'string.h': No such file or directory (compiling source file ..\3rdparty\libconfig\strbuf.c)
1>int_rodex.c
1>d:\ragnarok\hercules\3rdparty\mt19937ar\mt19937ar.c(46): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'stdio.h': No such file or directory
1>conf.c
1>d:\ragnarok\hercules\src\common\cbasetypes.h(127): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'time.h': No such file or directory (compiling source file ..\src\char\int_rodex.c)
1>core.c
1>d:\ragnarok\hercules\src\common\cbasetypes.h(127): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'time.h': No such file or directory (compiling source file ..\src\common\conf.c)
1>packets.c
1>d:\ragnarok\hercules\src\common\cbasetypes.h(127): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'time.h': No such file or directory (compiling source file ..\src\common\core.c)
1>console.c
1>d:\ragnarok\hercules\src\common\cbasetypes.h(127): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'time.h': No such file or directory (compiling source file ..\src\common\console.c)
1>db.c
1>d:\ragnarok\hercules\src\common\cbasetypes.h(127): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'time.h': No such file or directory (compiling source file ..\src\common\packets.c)
1>d:\ragnarok\hercules\src\common\cbasetypes.h(127): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'time.h': No such file or directory (compiling source file ..\src\common\db.c)
1>des.c
1>ers.c
1>d:\ragnarok\hercules\src\common\cbasetypes.h(127): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'time.h': No such file or directory (compiling source file ..\src\common\ers.c)
1>grfio.c
1>d:\ragnarok\hercules\src\common\cbasetypes.h(127): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'time.h': No such file or directory (compiling source file ..\src\common\des.c)
1>HPM.c
1>d:\ragnarok\hercules\src\common\cbasetypes.h(127): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'time.h': No such file or directory (compiling source file ..\src\common\HPM.c)
1>memmgr.c
1>d:\ragnarok\hercules\src\common\cbasetypes.h(127): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'time.h': No such file or directory (compiling source file ..\src\common\memmgr.c)
1>mapindex.c
1>d:\ragnarok\hercules\src\common\cbasetypes.h(127): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'time.h': No such file or directory (compiling source file ..\src\common\grfio.c)
1>md5calc.c
1>d:\ragnarok\hercules\src\common\cbasetypes.h(127): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'time.h': No such file or directory (compiling source file ..\src\common\mapindex.c)
1>d:\ragnarok\hercules\src\common\cbasetypes.h(127): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'time.h': No such file or directory (compiling source file ..\src\common\md5calc.c)
1>mutex.c
1>nullpo.c
1>d:\ragnarok\hercules\src\common\cbasetypes.h(127): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'time.h': No such file or directory (compiling source file ..\src\common\nullpo.c)
1>random.c
1>d:\ragnarok\hercules\src\common\cbasetypes.h(127): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'time.h': No such file or directory (compiling source file ..\src\common\mutex.c)
1>showmsg.c
1>d:\ragnarok\hercules\src\common\cbasetypes.h(127): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'time.h': No such file or directory (compiling source file ..\src\common\random.c)
1>d:\ragnarok\hercules\src\common\cbasetypes.h(127): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'time.h': No such file or directory (compiling source file ..\src\common\showmsg.c)
1>socket.c
1>sql.c
1>d:\ragnarok\hercules\src\common\cbasetypes.h(127): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'time.h': No such file or directory (compiling source file ..\src\common\sql.c)
1>strlib.c
1>d:\ragnarok\hercules\src\common\cbasetypes.h(127): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'time.h': No such file or directory (compiling source file ..\src\common\socket.c)
1>sysinfo.c
1>d:\ragnarok\hercules\src\common\cbasetypes.h(127): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'time.h': No such file or directory (compiling source file ..\src\common\strlib.c)
1>thread.c
1>d:\ragnarok\hercules\src\common\cbasetypes.h(127): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'time.h': No such file or directory (compiling source file ..\src\common\thread.c)
1>timer.c
1>d:\ragnarok\hercules\src\common\cbasetypes.h(127): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'time.h': No such file or directory (compiling source file ..\src\common\sysinfo.c)
1>utils.c
1>d:\ragnarok\hercules\src\common\cbasetypes.h(127): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'time.h': No such file or directory (compiling source file ..\src\common\timer.c)
1>HPMchar.c
1>d:\ragnarok\hercules\src\common\cbasetypes.h(127): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'time.h': No such file or directory (compiling source file ..\src\common\utils.c)
1>char.c
1>d:\ragnarok\hercules\src\common\cbasetypes.h(127): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'time.h': No such file or directory (compiling source file ..\src\char\HPMchar.c)
1>geoip.c
1>d:\ragnarok\hercules\src\common\cbasetypes.h(127): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'time.h': No such file or directory (compiling source file ..\src\char\char.c)
1>int_achievement.c
1>d:\ragnarok\hercules\src\common\cbasetypes.h(127): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'time.h': No such file or directory (compiling source file ..\src\char\geoip.c)
1>int_auction.c
1>d:\ragnarok\hercules\src\common\cbasetypes.h(127): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'time.h': No such file or directory (compiling source file ..\src\char\int_achievement.c)
1>int_clan.c
1>d:\ragnarok\hercules\src\common\cbasetypes.h(127): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'time.h': No such file or directory (compiling source file ..\src\char\int_clan.c)
1>int_elemental.c
1>d:\ragnarok\hercules\src\common\cbasetypes.h(127): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'time.h': No such file or directory (compiling source file ..\src\char\int_auction.c)
1>int_guild.c
1>d:\ragnarok\hercules\src\common\cbasetypes.h(127): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'time.h': No such file or directory (compiling source file ..\src\char\int_elemental.c)
1>int_homun.c
1>d:\ragnarok\hercules\src\common\cbasetypes.h(127): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'time.h': No such file or directory (compiling source file ..\src\char\int_homun.c)
1>int_mail.c
1>d:\ragnarok\hercules\src\common\cbasetypes.h(127): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'time.h': No such file or directory (compiling source file ..\src\char\int_guild.c)
1>int_mercenary.c
1>d:\ragnarok\hercules\src\common\cbasetypes.h(127): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'time.h': No such file or directory (compiling source file ..\src\char\int_mail.c)
1>d:\ragnarok\hercules\src\common\cbasetypes.h(127): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'time.h': No such file or directory (compiling source file ..\src\char\int_mercenary.c)
1>int_party.c
1>int_pet.c
1>d:\ragnarok\hercules\src\common\cbasetypes.h(127): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'time.h': No such file or directory (compiling source file ..\src\char\int_pet.c)
1>int_quest.c
1>d:\ragnarok\hercules\src\common\cbasetypes.h(127): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'time.h': No such file or directory (compiling source file ..\src\char\int_party.c)
1>int_storage.c
1>d:\ragnarok\hercules\src\common\cbasetypes.h(127): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'time.h': No such file or directory (compiling source file ..\src\char\int_quest.c)
1>d:\ragnarok\hercules\src\common\cbasetypes.h(127): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'time.h': No such file or directory (compiling source file ..\src\char\int_storage.c)
1>inter.c
1>loginif.c
1>d:\ragnarok\hercules\src\common\cbasetypes.h(127): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'time.h': No such file or directory (compiling source file ..\src\char\loginif.c)
1>d:\ragnarok\hercules\src\common\cbasetypes.h(127): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'time.h': No such file or directory (compiling source file ..\src\char\inter.c)
1>mapif.c
1>pincode.c
1>d:\ragnarok\hercules\src\common\cbasetypes.h(127): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'time.h': No such file or directory (compiling source file ..\src\char\mapif.c)
1>d:\ragnarok\hercules\src\common\cbasetypes.h(127): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'time.h': No such file or directory (compiling source file ..\src\char\pincode.c)
1>Done building project "char-server.vcxproj" -- FAILED.
4>------ Build started: Project: plugin-sample, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------
4>sample.c
4>d:\ragnarok\hercules\src\common\cbasetypes.h(127): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'time.h': No such file or directory
4>Done building project "plugin-sample.vcxproj" -- FAILED.
5>------ Build started: Project: plugin-HPMHooking_map, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------
5>HPMHooking.c
5>d:\ragnarok\hercules\src\common\cbasetypes.h(127): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'time.h': No such file or directory
5>Done building project "plugin-HPMHooking_map.vcxproj" -- FAILED.
6>------ Build started: Project: plugin-HPMHooking_char, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------
6>HPMHooking.c
6>d:\ragnarok\hercules\src\common\cbasetypes.h(127): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'time.h': No such file or directory
6>Done building project "plugin-HPMHooking_char.vcxproj" -- FAILED.
7>------ Build started: Project: plugin-HPMHooking_login, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------
7>HPMHooking.c
7>d:\ragnarok\hercules\src\common\cbasetypes.h(127): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'time.h': No such file or directory
7>Done building project "plugin-HPMHooking_login.vcxproj" -- FAILED.
8>------ Build started: Project: generate-translations, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------
3>grammar.c
8>generate-translations.c
8>d:\ragnarok\hercules\src\common\cbasetypes.h(127): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'time.h': No such file or directory
8>Done building project "generate-translations.vcxproj" -- FAILED.
9>------ Build started: Project: mapcache, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------
3>libconfig.c
3>grammar.y(34): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'string.h': No such file or directory (compiling source file ..\3rdparty\libconfig\grammar.c)
3>scanctx.c
3>d:\ragnarok\hercules\3rdparty\libconfig\libconfig.c(27): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'locale.h': No such file or directory
3>scanner.c
3>d:\ragnarok\hercules\3rdparty\libconfig\libconfig.h(46): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'stdio.h': No such file or directory (compiling source file ..\3rdparty\libconfig\scanctx.c)
3>strbuf.c
3>scanner.c(19): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'stdio.h': No such file or directory (compiling source file ..\3rdparty\libconfig\scanner.c)
3>mt19937ar.c
3>d:\ragnarok\hercules\3rdparty\libconfig\strbuf.h(26): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'string.h': No such file or directory (compiling source file ..\3rdparty\libconfig\strbuf.c)
3>conf.c
3>d:\ragnarok\hercules\3rdparty\mt19937ar\mt19937ar.c(46): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'stdio.h': No such file or directory
3>core.c
3>d:\ragnarok\hercules\src\common\cbasetypes.h(127): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'time.h': No such file or directory (compiling source file ..\src\common\conf.c)
3>d:\ragnarok\hercules\src\common\cbasetypes.h(127): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'time.h': No such file or directory (compiling source file ..\src\common\core.c)
3>packets.c
3>console.c
3>d:\ragnarok\hercules\src\common\cbasetypes.h(127): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'time.h': No such file or directory (compiling source file ..\src\common\console.c)
3>d:\ragnarok\hercules\src\common\cbasetypes.h(127): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'time.h': No such file or directory (compiling source file ..\src\common\packets.c)
3>db.c
3>des.c
3>d:\ragnarok\hercules\src\common\cbasetypes.h(127): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'time.h': No such file or directory (compiling source file ..\src\common\db.c)
3>ers.c
3>d:\ragnarok\hercules\src\common\cbasetypes.h(127): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'time.h': No such file or directory (compiling source file ..\src\common\des.c)
3>grfio.c
3>d:\ragnarok\hercules\src\common\cbasetypes.h(127): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'time.h': No such file or directory (compiling source file ..\src\common\ers.c)
3>HPM.c
3>d:\ragnarok\hercules\src\common\cbasetypes.h(127): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'time.h': No such file or directory (compiling source file ..\src\common\grfio.c)
3>memmgr.c
3>d:\ragnarok\hercules\src\common\cbasetypes.h(127): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'time.h': No such file or directory (compiling source file ..\src\common\memmgr.c)
3>d:\ragnarok\hercules\src\common\cbasetypes.h(127): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'time.h': No such file or directory (compiling source file ..\src\common\HPM.c)
3>mapindex.c
3>md5calc.c
3>d:\ragnarok\hercules\src\common\cbasetypes.h(127): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'time.h': No such file or directory (compiling source file ..\src\common\mapindex.c)
3>mutex.c
3>d:\ragnarok\hercules\src\common\cbasetypes.h(127): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'time.h': No such file or directory (compiling source file ..\src\common\md5calc.c)
3>nullpo.c
3>d:\ragnarok\hercules\src\common\cbasetypes.h(127): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'time.h': No such file or directory (compiling source file ..\src\common\mutex.c)
3>d:\ragnarok\hercules\src\common\cbasetypes.h(127): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'time.h': No such file or directory (compiling source file ..\src\common\nullpo.c)
3>random.c
3>showmsg.c
3>d:\ragnarok\hercules\src\common\cbasetypes.h(127): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'time.h': No such file or directory (compiling source file ..\src\common\random.c)
3>d:\ragnarok\hercules\src\common\cbasetypes.h(127): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'time.h': No such file or directory (compiling source file ..\src\common\showmsg.c)
3>socket.c
3>sql.c
3>d:\ragnarok\hercules\src\common\cbasetypes.h(127): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'time.h': No such file or directory (compiling source file ..\src\common\sql.c)
3>d:\ragnarok\hercules\src\common\cbasetypes.h(127): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'time.h': No such file or directory (compiling source file ..\src\common\socket.c)
3>strlib.c
3>sysinfo.c
3>d:\ragnarok\hercules\src\common\cbasetypes.h(127): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'time.h': No such file or directory (compiling source file ..\src\common\sysinfo.c)
3>d:\ragnarok\hercules\src\common\cbasetypes.h(127): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'time.h': No such file or directory (compiling source file ..\src\common\strlib.c)
3>thread.c
3>timer.c
3>d:\ragnarok\hercules\src\common\cbasetypes.h(127): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'time.h': No such file or directory (compiling source file ..\src\common\thread.c)
3>d:\ragnarok\hercules\src\common\cbasetypes.h(127): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'time.h': No such file or directory (compiling source file ..\src\common\timer.c)
3>utils.c
3>achievement.c
3>d:\ragnarok\hercules\src\common\cbasetypes.h(127): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'time.h': No such file or directory (compiling source file ..\src\common\utils.c)
3>d:\ragnarok\hercules\src\common\cbasetypes.h(127): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'time.h': No such file or directory (compiling source file ..\src\map\achievement.c)
3>atcommand.c
3>battle.c
3>d:\ragnarok\hercules\src\common\cbasetypes.h(127): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'time.h': No such file or directory (compiling source file ..\src\map\battle.c)
3>d:\ragnarok\hercules\src\common\cbasetypes.h(127): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'time.h': No such file or directory (compiling source file ..\src\map\atcommand.c)
3>battleground.c
3>buyingstore.c
3>d:\ragnarok\hercules\src\common\cbasetypes.h(127): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'time.h': No such file or directory (compiling source file ..\src\map\buyingstore.c)
3>channel.c
3>d:\ragnarok\hercules\src\common\cbasetypes.h(127): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'time.h': No such file or directory (compiling source file ..\src\map\battleground.c)
3>chat.c
3>d:\ragnarok\hercules\src\common\cbasetypes.h(127): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'time.h': No such file or directory (compiling source file ..\src\map\channel.c)
3>d:\ragnarok\hercules\src\common\cbasetypes.h(127): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'time.h': No such file or directory (compiling source file ..\src\map\chat.c)
3>chrif.c
3>clan.c
3>d:\ragnarok\hercules\src\common\cbasetypes.h(127): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'time.h': No such file or directory (compiling source file ..\src\map\clan.c)
3>clif.c
3>d:\ragnarok\hercules\src\common\cbasetypes.h(127): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'time.h': No such file or directory (compiling source file ..\src\map\chrif.c)
3>date.c
3>d:\ragnarok\hercules\src\common\cbasetypes.h(127): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'time.h': No such file or directory (compiling source file ..\src\map\clif.c)
3>d:\ragnarok\hercules\src\common\cbasetypes.h(127): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'time.h': No such file or directory (compiling source file ..\src\map\date.c)
3>duel.c
3>elemental.c
3>d:\ragnarok\hercules\src\common\cbasetypes.h(127): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'time.h': No such file or directory (compiling source file ..\src\map\elemental.c)
3>d:\ragnarok\hercules\src\common\cbasetypes.h(127): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'time.h': No such file or directory (compiling source file ..\src\map\duel.c)
3>guild.c
3>intif.c
3>d:\ragnarok\hercules\src\common\cbasetypes.h(127): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'time.h': No such file or directory (compiling source file ..\src\map\intif.c)
3>d:\ragnarok\hercules\src\common\cbasetypes.h(127): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'time.h': No such file or directory (compiling source file ..\src\map\guild.c)
3>irc-bot.c
3>itemdb.c
3>d:\ragnarok\hercules\src\common\cbasetypes.h(127): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'time.h': No such file or directory (compiling source file ..\src\map\itemdb.c)
3>log.c
3>d:\ragnarok\hercules\src\common\cbasetypes.h(127): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'time.h': No such file or directory (compiling source file ..\src\map\irc-bot.c)
3>mail.c
3>d:\ragnarok\hercules\src\common\cbasetypes.h(127): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'time.h': No such file or directory (compiling source file ..\src\map\mail.c)
3>d:\ragnarok\hercules\src\common\cbasetypes.h(127): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'time.h': No such file or directory (compiling source file ..\src\map\log.c)
3>map.c
3>mapreg_sql.c
3>d:\ragnarok\hercules\src\common\cbasetypes.h(127): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'time.h': No such file or directory (compiling source file ..\src\map\mapreg_sql.c)
3>d:\ragnarok\hercules\src\common\cbasetypes.h(127): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'time.h': No such file or directory (compiling source file ..\src\map\map.c)
3>homunculus.c
3>HPMmap.c
3>d:\ragnarok\hercules\src\common\cbasetypes.h(127): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'time.h': No such file or directory (compiling source file ..\src\map\homunculus.c)
3>instance.c
3>d:\ragnarok\hercules\src\common\cbasetypes.h(127): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'time.h': No such file or directory (compiling source file ..\src\map\HPMmap.c)
3>mercenary.c
3>d:\ragnarok\hercules\src\common\cbasetypes.h(127): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'time.h': No such file or directory (compiling source file ..\src\map\instance.c)
3>d:\ragnarok\hercules\src\common\cbasetypes.h(127): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'time.h': No such file or directory (compiling source file ..\src\map\mercenary.c)
3>mob.c
3>npc.c
3>d:\ragnarok\hercules\src\common\cbasetypes.h(127): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'time.h': No such file or directory (compiling source file ..\src\map\npc.c)
3>d:\ragnarok\hercules\src\common\cbasetypes.h(127): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'time.h': No such file or directory (compiling source file ..\src\map\mob.c)
3>npc_chat.c
3>party.c
3>d:\ragnarok\hercules\src\common\cbasetypes.h(127): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'time.h': No such file or directory (compiling source file ..\src\map\party.c)
3>d:\ragnarok\hercules\src\common\cbasetypes.h(127): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'time.h': No such file or directory (compiling source file ..\src\map\npc_chat.c)
3>path.c
3>pc.c
3>d:\ragnarok\hercules\src\common\cbasetypes.h(127): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'time.h': No such file or directory (compiling source file ..\src\map\path.c)
3>pc_groups.c
3>d:\ragnarok\hercules\src\common\cbasetypes.h(127): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'time.h': No such file or directory (compiling source file ..\src\map\pc.c)
3>pet.c
3>d:\ragnarok\hercules\src\common\cbasetypes.h(127): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'time.h': No such file or directory (compiling source file ..\src\map\pet.c)
3>d:\ragnarok\hercules\src\common\cbasetypes.h(127): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'time.h': No such file or directory (compiling source file ..\src\map\pc_groups.c)
3>quest.c
3>rodex.c
3>d:\ragnarok\hercules\src\common\cbasetypes.h(127): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'time.h': No such file or directory (compiling source file ..\src\map\quest.c)
3>script.c
3>d:\ragnarok\hercules\src\common\cbasetypes.h(127): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'time.h': No such file or directory (compiling source file ..\src\map\rodex.c)
3>searchstore.c
3>d:\ragnarok\hercules\src\common\cbasetypes.h(127): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'time.h': No such file or directory (compiling source file ..\src\map\searchstore.c)
3>skill.c
3>d:\ragnarok\hercules\src\common\cbasetypes.h(127): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'time.h': No such file or directory (compiling source file ..\src\map\script.c)
3>status.c
3>d:\ragnarok\hercules\src\common\cbasetypes.h(127): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'time.h': No such file or directory (compiling source file ..\src\map\skill.c)
3>storage.c
3>d:\ragnarok\hercules\src\common\cbasetypes.h(127): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'time.h': No such file or directory (compiling source file ..\src\map\status.c)
3>trade.c
3>d:\ragnarok\hercules\src\common\cbasetypes.h(127): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'time.h': No such file or directory (compiling source file ..\src\map\storage.c)
3>unit.c
3>d:\ragnarok\hercules\src\common\cbasetypes.h(127): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'time.h': No such file or directory (compiling source file ..\src\map\trade.c)
3>vending.c
3>d:\ragnarok\hercules\src\common\cbasetypes.h(127): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'time.h': No such file or directory (compiling source file ..\src\map\vending.c)
3>d:\ragnarok\hercules\src\common\cbasetypes.h(127): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'time.h': No such file or directory (compiling source file ..\src\map\unit.c)
9>mapcache.c
3>Done building project "map-server.vcxproj" -- FAILED.
10>------ Build started: Project: zzz, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------
9>d:\ragnarok\hercules\src\common\cbasetypes.h(127): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'time.h': No such file or directory
9>Done building project "mapcache.vcxproj" -- FAILED.
11>------ Build started: Project: OnPCStatCalcEvent, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------
10>zzz.c
10>d:\ragnarok\hercules\src\common\cbasetypes.h(127): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'time.h': No such file or directory
10>Done building project "zzz.vcxproj" -- FAILED.
11>OnPCStatCalcEvent.c
11>d:\ragnarok\hercules\src\common\cbasetypes.h(127): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'time.h': No such file or directory
11>Done building project "OnPCStatCalcEvent.vcxproj" -- FAILED.
========== Build: 0 succeeded, 11 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========

same thing with rathena

Spoiler

1>------ Build started: Project: libconfig, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------
2>------ Build started: Project: yaml-cpp, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------
2>binary.cpp
2>c:\program files (x86)\microsoft visual studio\2017\community\vc\tools\msvc\14.16.27023\include\crtdefs.h(10): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'corecrt.h': No such file or directory
2>graphbuilder.cpp
2>c:\program files (x86)\microsoft visual studio\2017\community\vc\tools\msvc\14.16.27023\include\crtdefs.h(10): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'corecrt.h': No such file or directory
2>graphbuilderadapter.cpp
1>grammar.c
1>grammar.y(33): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'string.h': No such file or directory
1>libconfig.c
1>d:\ragnarok\rathena\3rdparty\libconfig\libconfig.h(48): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'stdio.h': No such file or directory
1>scanctx.c
1>d:\ragnarok\rathena\3rdparty\libconfig\libconfig.h(48): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'stdio.h': No such file or directory
1>scanner.c
1>scanner.c(20): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'stdio.h': No such file or directory
1>strbuf.c
1>d:\ragnarok\rathena\3rdparty\libconfig\strbuf.h(28): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'string.h': No such file or directory
1>Generating Code...
1>Done building project "libconfig.vcxproj" -- FAILED.
3>------ Build started: Project: common-minicore, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------
2>convert.cpp
2>directives.cpp
2>emit.cpp
2>emitfromevents.cpp
2>emitter.cpp
2>emitterstate.cpp
2>emitterutils.cpp
2>exceptions.cpp
2>exp.cpp
2>memory.cpp
2>node.cpp
2>nodebuilder.cpp
2>d:\ragnarok\rathena\3rdparty\yaml-cpp\src\nodebuilder.cpp(1): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'assert.h': No such file or directory
2>nodeevents.cpp
2>node_data.cpp
2>d:\ragnarok\rathena\3rdparty\yaml-cpp\src\node_data.cpp(1): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'assert.h': No such file or directory
2>null.cpp
2>ostream_wrapper.cpp
2>parse.cpp
2>Generating Code...
2>Compiling...
2>parser.cpp
2>regex_yaml.cpp
2>scanner.cpp
2>scanscalar.cpp
2>scantag.cpp
2>scantoken.cpp
2>simplekey.cpp
2>c:\program files (x86)\microsoft visual studio\2017\community\vc\tools\msvc\14.16.27023\include\cstddef(7): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'stddef.h': No such file or directory
2>singledocparser.cpp
2>stream.cpp
2>tag.cpp
2>Generating Code...
3>cli.cpp
3>c:\program files (x86)\microsoft visual studio\2017\community\vc\tools\msvc\14.16.27023\include\crtdefs.h(10): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'corecrt.h': No such file or directory
3>conf.cpp
3>d:\ragnarok\rathena\3rdparty\libconfig\libconfig.h(48): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'stdio.h': No such file or directory
3>core.cpp
3>d:\ragnarok\rathena\src\common\core.cpp(12): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'stdlib.h': No such file or directory
3>des.cpp
3>c:\program files (x86)\microsoft visual studio\2017\community\vc\tools\msvc\14.16.27023\include\crtdefs.h(10): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'corecrt.h': No such file or directory
3>grfio.cpp
3>d:\ragnarok\rathena\src\common\grfio.cpp(6): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'stdlib.h': No such file or directory
3>malloc.cpp
3>mapindex.cpp
3>d:\ragnarok\rathena\src\common\mmo.hpp(7): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'time.h': No such file or directory
3>md5calc.cpp
3>d:\ragnarok\rathena\src\common\md5calc.cpp(14): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'stdio.h': No such file or directory
3>msg_conf.cpp
3>d:\ragnarok\rathena\src\common\msg_conf.cpp(6): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'stdio.h': No such file or directory
3>nullpo.cpp
3>random.cpp
3>showmsg.cpp
3>d:\ragnarok\rathena\3rdparty\libconfig\libconfig.h(48): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'stdio.h': No such file or directory
3>strlib.cpp
3>utils.cpp
3>d:\ragnarok\rathena\src\common\utils.hpp(7): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'stdio.h': No such file or directory
3>winapi.cpp
3>d:\ragnarok\rathena\src\common\winapi.hpp(48): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'io.h': No such file or directory
3>Generating Code...
3>Done building project "common-minicore.vcxproj" -- FAILED.
4>------ Build started: Project: mapcache, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------
2>Done building project "yaml-cpp.vcxproj" -- FAILED.
5>------ Build started: Project: common, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------
4>mapcache.cpp
5>cli.cpp
4>d:\ragnarok\rathena\src\tool\mapcache.cpp(4): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'stdio.h': No such file or directory
4>Done building project "mapcache.vcxproj" -- FAILED.
5>c:\program files (x86)\microsoft visual studio\2017\community\vc\tools\msvc\14.16.27023\include\crtdefs.h(10): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'corecrt.h': No such file or directory
5>conf.cpp
5>d:\ragnarok\rathena\3rdparty\libconfig\libconfig.h(48): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'stdio.h': No such file or directory
5>core.cpp
5>c:\program files (x86)\microsoft visual studio\2017\community\vc\tools\msvc\14.16.27023\include\crtdefs.h(10): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'corecrt.h': No such file or directory
5>db.cpp
5>des.cpp
5>ers.cpp
5>grfio.cpp
5>d:\ragnarok\rathena\src\common\grfio.cpp(6): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'stdlib.h': No such file or directory
5>malloc.cpp
5>mapindex.cpp
5>d:\ragnarok\rathena\src\common\mmo.hpp(7): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'time.h': No such file or directory
5>md5calc.cpp
5>d:\ragnarok\rathena\src\common\md5calc.cpp(14): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'stdio.h': No such file or directory
5>msg_conf.cpp
5>d:\ragnarok\rathena\src\common\msg_conf.cpp(6): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'stdio.h': No such file or directory
5>nullpo.cpp
5>random.cpp
5>showmsg.cpp
5>d:\ragnarok\rathena\3rdparty\libconfig\libconfig.h(48): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'stdio.h': No such file or directory
5>socket.cpp
5>d:\ragnarok\rathena\src\common\winapi.hpp(48): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'io.h': No such file or directory
5>sql.cpp
5>strlib.cpp
5>timer.cpp
5>d:\ragnarok\rathena\src\common\timer.hpp(7): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'time.h': No such file or directory
5>utils.cpp
5>d:\ragnarok\rathena\src\common\utils.hpp(7): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'stdio.h': No such file or directory
5>winapi.cpp
5>d:\ragnarok\rathena\src\common\winapi.hpp(48): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'io.h': No such file or directory
5>Generating Code...
5>Compiling...
5>utilities.cpp
5>Generating Code...
5>Done building project "common.vcxproj" -- FAILED.
6>------ Build started: Project: login-server, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------
7>------ Build started: Project: char-server, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------
7>char.cpp
6>account.cpp
7>c:\program files (x86)\microsoft visual studio\2017\community\vc\tools\msvc\14.16.27023\include\crtdefs.h(10): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'corecrt.h': No such file or directory
6>c:\program files (x86)\microsoft visual studio\2017\community\vc\tools\msvc\14.16.27023\include\crtdefs.h(10): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'corecrt.h': No such file or directory
6>ipban.cpp
6>c:\program files (x86)\microsoft visual studio\2017\community\vc\tools\msvc\14.16.27023\include\crtdefs.h(10): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'corecrt.h': No such file or directory
7>char_clif.cpp
7>c:\program files (x86)\microsoft visual studio\2017\community\vc\tools\msvc\14.16.27023\include\crtdefs.h(10): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'corecrt.h': No such file or directory
7>char_cnslif.cpp
7>d:\ragnarok\rathena\src\char\char_cnslif.cpp(6): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'stdlib.h': No such file or directory
7>char_logif.cpp
7>char_mapif.cpp
6>login.cpp
6>loginchrif.cpp
6>loginclif.cpp
6>d:\ragnarok\rathena\src\login\loginclif.cpp(6): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'stdlib.h': No such file or directory
7>inter.cpp
7>int_achievement.cpp
7>d:\ragnarok\rathena\src\char\int_achievement.cpp(6): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'stdio.h': No such file or directory
7>int_auction.cpp
7>d:\ragnarok\rathena\src\char\int_auction.cpp(6): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'stdio.h': No such file or directory
7>int_clan.cpp
7>d:\ragnarok\rathena\src\char\int_clan.cpp(6): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'stdlib.h': No such file or directory
7>int_elemental.cpp
7>d:\ragnarok\rathena\src\char\int_elemental.cpp(6): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'stdlib.h': No such file or directory
7>int_guild.cpp
6>logincnslif.cpp
6>d:\ragnarok\rathena\src\login\logincnslif.cpp(6): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'stdlib.h': No such file or directory
6>loginlog.cpp
6>Generating Code...
7>int_homun.cpp
7>int_mail.cpp
6>Done building project "login-server.vcxproj" -- FAILED.
8>------ Build started: Project: map-server, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------
7>int_mercenary.cpp
7>int_party.cpp
7>int_pet.cpp
7>int_quest.cpp
7>d:\ragnarok\rathena\src\char\int_quest.cpp(6): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'stdlib.h': No such file or directory
7>int_storage.cpp
7>Generating Code...
8>achievement.cpp
8>c:\program files (x86)\microsoft visual studio\2017\community\vc\tools\msvc\14.16.27023\include\crtdefs.h(10): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'corecrt.h': No such file or directory
8>atcommand.cpp
8>c:\program files (x86)\microsoft visual studio\2017\community\vc\tools\msvc\14.16.27023\include\crtdefs.h(10): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'corecrt.h': No such file or directory
8>battle.cpp
8>battleground.cpp
7>Done building project "char-server.vcxproj" -- FAILED.
8>buyingstore.cpp
8>cashshop.cpp
8>channel.cpp
8>chat.cpp
8>chrif.cpp
8>d:\ragnarok\rathena\src\map\chrif.hpp(7): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'time.h': No such file or directory
8>clan.cpp
8>d:\ragnarok\rathena\src\common\mmo.hpp(7): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'time.h': No such file or directory
8>clif.cpp
8>date.cpp
8>duel.cpp
8>elemental.cpp
8>d:\ragnarok\rathena\src\common\mmo.hpp(7): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'time.h': No such file or directory
8>guild.cpp
8>homunculus.cpp
8>instance.cpp
8>intif.cpp
8>itemdb.cpp
8>log.cpp
8>Generating Code...
8>Compiling...
8>mail.cpp
8>map.cpp
8>mapreg.cpp
8>mercenary.cpp
8>mob.cpp
8>npc.cpp
8>d:\ragnarok\rathena\src\common\timer.hpp(7): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'time.h': No such file or directory
8>npc_chat.cpp
8>d:\ragnarok\rathena\src\common\timer.hpp(7): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'time.h': No such file or directory
8>party.cpp
8>path.cpp
8>pc.cpp
8>pc_groups.cpp
8>pet.cpp
8>quest.cpp
8>script.cpp
8>searchstore.cpp
8>skill.cpp
8>status.cpp
8>storage.cpp
8>trade.cpp
8>d:\ragnarok\rathena\src\map\trade.cpp(6): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'stdio.h': No such file or directory
8>unit.cpp
8>Generating Code...
8>Compiling...
8>vending.cpp
8>Generating Code...
8>Done building project "map-server.vcxproj" -- FAILED.
========== Build: 0 succeeded, 8 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========

but after re-target to 10.0.17763.0, everything seems green

and no, I didn't get your Heal error after retarget to 17763 version

I try pull request then, see if they actually accept your suggestion or not
https://github.com/HerculesWS/Hercules/pull/2368

Edited by AnnieRuru

Not my suggestion but forced by microsoft to download that 17763 version of visual studio.

it says i have something missing blablabla and need download a whole package of 8~10 GB of stuff which is so far away from what I intended.

(which is the small visual studio download suggested by someone here and the download size would be (less than 2GB) which opps me out

regarding the heal error

I found it...

original line in skill.c
//xsa                if (status->isimmune(bl) || (dstmd != NULL && (dstmd->class_ == MOBID_EMPELIUM || mob_is_battleground(dstmd))))

but I make it to this line: 
if ( dstmd->class_ == mob_is_battleground(dstmd))//xsa

so it crash whenever I try to these skills.
        case HLIF_HEAL: // [orn]
        case AL_HEAL:
        case AB_HIGHNESSHEAL:
        case SU_TUNABELLY:

but if I change that line to this It's not crashing anymore...
if (status->isimmune(bl) || (dstmd != NULL && (mob_is_battleground(dstmd))))//xsa

if (status->isimmune(bl)  << how to make heal work on immuned Player (AKA GTB card equipped player) or anything???

good initiative, but it would be much better if it were a tutorial referring to linux and not windowns, I see many "Administrators" who know nothing about unix and do cool servers but the server does not keep because adm does not understand linux or programming .

49 minutes ago, Psyz said:

good initiative, but it would be much better if it were a tutorial referring to linux and not windowns, I see many "Administrators" who know nothing about unix and do cool servers but the server does not keep because adm does not understand linux or programming .

https://github.com/HerculesWS/Hercules/blob/stable/README.md .
https://github.com/rathena/rathena/wiki/compiling

well, I'm dump when comes to linux ...
I also saw the server installation guide separated for linux and windows so ...
... better left the linux installation guide for those who know better ....

hello, im new user here.

wanna ask a question. i just tried to import mob_skill_db_re using mysql workbench 8. but an error occured and i found out that the use of ( ' ) caused the syntax error in mysql. example cat o' nine tails, nidhogg's, etc. and i tried to change it to ( ` ) like cat o` nine tails. is it okay or it will face a new problem later? sorry for my bad english.

thanks.

@AnnieRuru rathena now is not C game, it using other compiler other flags etc, tutorial from rathena compilation can be useless here

3 hours ago, 4144 said:

@AnnieRuru rathena now is not C game, it using other compiler other flags etc, tutorial from rathena compilation can be useless here

On 1/17/2019 at 5:14 PM, AnnieRuru said:

Step 2f. Load rAthena Project
Do the same thing by double clicking rAthena.sln,
but this time rAthena project needs Windows 8.1 SDK and Windows Universal CRT SDK

Problems might encounter during Step 2f
During compiling, if you see this in your Visual Studio

fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'corecrt.h': No such file or directory

this means you are missing a component Windows Universal CRT SDK
https://github.com/AnnieRuru/customs/blob/master/server setup/Step 2f.png

I'm quite sure I already fixed this in this guide ....
btw my visual studio is about 12GB, just to compile both hercules and rathena
and yes I'm currently using both latest hercules and also latest rathena

6 hours ago, andi95 said:

hello, im new user here.

wanna ask a question. i just tried to import mob_skill_db_re using mysql workbench 8. but an error occured and i found out that the use of ( ' ) caused the syntax error in mysql. example cat o' nine tails, nidhogg's, etc. and i tried to change it to ( ` ) like cat o` nine tails. is it okay or it will face a new problem later? sorry for my bad english.

thanks.

already reported
https://github.com/HerculesWS/Hercules/issues/2405

it should be ....

REPLACE INTO `mob_skill_db` VALUES (1307,'Cat o\' Nine Tails@AL_TELEPORT','idle',26,1,10000,0,0,'yes','self','rudeattacked',NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL);
REPLACE INTO `mob_skill_db` VALUES (1307,'Cat o\' Nine Tails@MC_MAMMONITE','attack',42,9,500,800,5000,'no','target','always',NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,'8',NULL);
REPLACE INTO `mob_skill_db` VALUES (1307,'Cat o\' Nine Tails@NPC_EMOTION','idle',197,1,2000,0,5000,'yes','self','always',NULL,22,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL);
REPLACE INTO `mob_skill_db` VALUES (1307,'Cat o\' Nine Tails@NPC_GUIDEDATTACK','attack',172,2,500,1000,20000,'no','target','always',NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL);
REPLACE INTO `mob_skill_db` VALUES (1307,'Cat o\' Nine Tails@NPC_SUMMONSLAVE','idle',196,2,10000,2000,60000,'no','self','slavele',NULL,1180,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL);

12 hours ago, AnnieRuru said:

I'm quite sure I already fixed this in this guide ....
btw my visual studio is about 12GB, just to compile both hercules and rathena
and yes I'm currently using both latest hercules and also latest rathena

already reported
https://github.com/HerculesWS/Hercules/issues/2405

it should be ....

REPLACE INTO `mob_skill_db` VALUES (1307,'Cat o\' Nine Tails@AL_TELEPORT','idle',26,1,10000,0,0,'yes','self','rudeattacked',NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL);
REPLACE INTO `mob_skill_db` VALUES (1307,'Cat o\' Nine Tails@MC_MAMMONITE','attack',42,9,500,800,5000,'no','target','always',NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,'8',NULL);
REPLACE INTO `mob_skill_db` VALUES (1307,'Cat o\' Nine Tails@NPC_EMOTION','idle',197,1,2000,0,5000,'yes','self','always',NULL,22,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL);
REPLACE INTO `mob_skill_db` VALUES (1307,'Cat o\' Nine Tails@NPC_GUIDEDATTACK','attack',172,2,500,1000,20000,'no','target','always',NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL);
REPLACE INTO `mob_skill_db` VALUES (1307,'Cat o\' Nine Tails@NPC_SUMMONSLAVE','idle',196,2,10000,2000,60000,'no','self','slavele',NULL,1180,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL);

thank you  for the answer,

On 1/17/2019 at 4:14 PM, AnnieRuru said:

6. Create your own patch client

Step 6a. Download latest nemo
create another folder name nemo
https://github.com/AnnieRuru/customs/blob/master/server setup/Step 6a.png
then git clone from this site

https://gitlab.com/4144/Nemo

Step 6b. Find a suitable client patches
http://nemo.herc.ws/downloads/
Since I download KRO 20180813, I chose 2018-06-20eRagexeRe

Step 6c. Open nemo.exe
Click Browse to select your downloaded client patch, then select Load Client
https://github.com/AnnieRuru/customs/blob/master/server setup/Step 6c.png

Step 6d. Use Recommend Settings

https://github.com/AnnieRuru/customs/blob/master/server setup/Step 6d.png
1. forget the "Always call SelectKoreaClientInfo" error
https://github.com/AnnieRuru/customs/blob/master/server setup/Step 6d1.png
2. DATA.INI
3. system/itemInfo_Sak.lub <--- note: the Capital letter of Info_Sak ... nemo doesn't auto-detect capital letters
https://github.com/AnnieRuru/customs/blob/master/server setup/Step 6d3.png
4. Always Load Korea ExternalSetting lua files
https://github.com/AnnieRuru/customs/blob/master/server setup/Step 6d4.png
5. Read Data Folder first
https://github.com/AnnieRuru/customs/blob/master/server setup/Step 6d5.png
6. Apply Selected

Step 6e. Copy 2018-06-20eRagexeRE_patched.exe to the KRO client folder

I tried to follow step 6 to patch my own client but unfortunately i got an error when i tried to login into the server. it said "disconnect from server" and a korean language appear that i can't understand. is it caused by the incompatible lua files? I use exactly the same client as the example said.

screen000.jpg

Edited by andi95

oh wait, a new KRO download link is out, I also want to download it

btw just change PACKETVER in the final step and you should be done I guess

@AnnieRuru

I hope it's not inappropriate to post my thanks publicly in this thread; but here goes.

Thanks for this post.  Of the posts I've read so far I've found this guide to have been the most useful and enlightening.  👍

@AnnieRuru can you help me for detailing step no 5? cause i looking picture no 5d, i can't find the folder you pointed.. thank you before 😊

----

solved cause link already updated to new version and very simple...

Edited by bebekbengil
solved by my self