Sign in to follow this  
utofaery

can I have multiple plugins combine into 1 single plugin

Question

Another thing I forgot

1. Can plugins be "rojak" into one plugin?

2. Is that consider healthy practice ???

Edited by AnnieRuru
split topic from http://herc.ws/board/topic/16589-2-can-it-be-use-as-script-onpclogin-and-does-this-one-stop-gaining-exp-from-mvp-too/#comment-90628

2 answers to this question

4 hours ago, utofaery said:

1. Can plugins be "rojak" into one plugin?

yes ...

4 hours ago, utofaery said:

2. Is that consider healthy practice ???

... of course not recommend
its better to have multiple plugins to track your progress in your server

that's the reason most of the time why rathena members doesn't want to upgrade their server to the latest revision
because once they have bought a source modification, they couldn't upkeep it (don't have src knowledge), and so they stuck their revision ....
.... and eventually their server became so outdated and have to do a server wipe

if you just having a single plugin, once the plugin break, you will wonder where the error come from, because it will have over thousand of lines

14 hours ago, AnnieRuru said:

yes ...

... of course not recommend
its better to have multiple plugins to track your progress in your server

that's the reason most of the time why rathena members doesn't want to upgrade their server to the latest revision
because once they have bought a source modification, they couldn't upkeep it (don't have src knowledge), and so they stuck their revision ....
.... and eventually their server became so outdated and have to do a server wipe

if you just having a single plugin, once the plugin break, you will wonder where the error come from, because it will have over thousand of lines

From this file :

plugin-sample.vcxproj

can it be modified to load multiple .c file?

as in 

mapcache.c

customplugin1.c .... etc

inside one

plugin-sample.vcxproj?

The reason to mash up plugin ==> SSD is hyper expensive storage option... compare to HDD 

Edited by utofaery

I get your point, this reminds me of the old eathena ...
https://github.com/HerculesWS/Hercules/blob/620e60eebce2c1f35c5c9a82f6ca365b316587f5/conf-tmpl/script_athena.conf#L36-L38

I still remember at that time,
I kept getting all the questions about why my custom script use OnPCKillEvent: label instead of using an PCKillEvent npc name

this event_script_type is actually not feasible to do in the long run,
when I worked on comelro, my 1st private server, I helped that server to squeeze all these labels into 1 single npc, using event_script_type 0
and whenever the admin download a script, and found having OnPC***Event, he has to ask me to convert that to use in a server

now this event_script_type has been dropped long time ago,
because imagine if this still exist today, everyone will ask questions how to merge all labels into 1 single npc

and for your answer, yes, it actually save your server processing speed,
but its not practical to do that from a developer stand point, it just increase your work load

.... I still remember when the admin try to fix OnPCKillEvent npc, he broke my dota announcement script ...