ra has oboro/rebellion

herc doesnt

herc has plugin support

ra doesnt

rathena database is split into 20 different sections

herc database is perfect

rathena uses a new src code 

herc uses the old one

Theres also  3ceam or whatever near the bottom of the forum hosted by @Rytech which has all the jobs implemented, however they use rathena database, herc database is way better , they also use their own code but its all the same really....

Maybe some other reasons

Edited by Orca

For my perspective, rAthena it's more involved in ragnarok scene, instead of herc, that doesn't have update in ragnarok scene, because it's more focused in the internal mechanism.
rAthena have more developers instead of herc, and their pull request are merged more faster than herc xD

8 hours ago, fiction said:

For my perspective, rAthena it's more involved in ragnarok scene, instead of herc, that doesn't have update in ragnarok scene, because it's more focused in the internal mechanism.
rAthena have more developers instead of herc, and their pull request are merged more faster than herc xD

So as bugs, everytime i updated my rAthena new bug comes, alot of pre-renewal formulas is broken. (can be fix by reverting ALOT of commits).

Yes...rAthena have more of the content complete than Hercules, but they are very reckless with their development systems. Most of the commits are either fixes for something that someone broke (that previously worked) or minor changes such as syntax correction or function tweaks. 

Commit no. and activity log looks pretty, but context should be considered.

Another small issue of rathena, not support clients newer than 2018-06-21 ragexeRE and not support newer than 2018-11-14 ragexe.

Some advantages of hercules, support for almost all kro clients (ragexe and ragexeRE) and zero clients (ragexe_zero).
Hercules can be compiled for windows, linux, macosx, cygwin.

In hercules missing some recent skills.

rAthena = content oriented but more likely crash due to coding.

Herc = Optimized and neat coding but less content (not like I think, if you want to add a content from rA, add manually

At last, topic about differences in public.

I just want to add my opinion here, for any merges from other emulators, it becomes difficult(or rather time consuming) at one point for developers to keep track of what they are missing as compared to others. It would be great if someone (or community together) could summarize it containing

1. what's missing
  2. expected behavior (optional) (e.g: Skill Description, Working of some new UI/feature, instance description or some link in English explaining it)
  3. Link to commit/PR (optional)