Ergosoft

[Error]: Sent wrong packet id: 0x2B0A [Error]

Question

Hello everyone,

after looking through the forums for a solution and not finding anything I decided to post my problem, I keep getting this problem and I am not sure what's causing it, so hopefully some one can help me with this. 

[Error]: --- failed assertion --------------------------------------------
[Error]: d:\zwei-ro\hercules-stable\src\common\socket.c:2112: '0' in function `unknown'
[Error]: --- end failed assertion ----------------------------------------

Failed Assertion.png

6 answers to this question

What is your client date and hercules hash? When this problem shows up? (e.g. upon server start, player login)

It looks like one of the other servers crashed, I'm assuming it was map-server.. is there any message on it?

0x2B0A seems to be related to server sync, have you tried to clean/rebuild all servers?

well I just followed the guide that is posted in the wiki & downloaded the emulator from there, the only thing is that when I got the emulator from GIT I couldn't compile the server at all, so I had to download the emulator as a ZIP file and when I tried to compile the server with Visual Studio it did not gave any errors.

https://github.com/HerculesWS/Hercules

About the hash (I am not really sure)

About the client date if I go to mmo.h this is what i get

#ifndef PACKETVER
	#define PACKETVER 20141022

#endif // PACKETVER

Edited by Ergosoft
yes

Hmm I think you can't get the hash when you download the zip, but I'll assume it was the latest stable.

Did you set ips for map/char server on their conf files? Try letting ips commented out or change then to 127.0.0.1 for testing. It looks like your map-server is not able to reach char-server in this ip.

Edited by KirieZ

Well seems like that did not work, I guess I'll leave it like that, but thanks for your support 😀

New Update

I tried several times but it kept giving me the same error, but I managed to fixed it some how & this is how I did it.

1. Downloaded the most recent version of hercules (which I did several times)
    1. using GIT would give me several errors when trying to compile the "Hercules-15.sln" file
    2. I went with the ZIP format and that did not give me any errors when compiling.
  2. Modify the "Network.conf" file
  3. Oddly enough I had to go to my MySQL Workbech and I had to put the "Log.sql" inside the Ragnarok schema (I always thought that  you had to create a new schema and name it "log" and execute the "log.sql" file) because according to the guide " Now, do the same thing for a schema called "log", but open and execute logs.sql instead of main.sql. Ensure the tables are there as well. "

and that fixed my problem

Thanks for the replies.

Edited by Ergosoft

try update hercules to latest version. now it should not show errors about this packet