Sign in to follow this  
Khonsu

Old Client

Question

Hey guys, so I managed to find a old client to use. How ever now im experincing a issue. if im on a WoE map or in any thor_vxx maps, every so often I will get a shop menu that just pops up. Im using a old xray client and its version is 20091013.  I tried using packetver 20090922 as I did back in the days of eAthena but that isn't working. I also tried uncommenting //#define ENABLE_PACKETVER_RE to see if this fixed the issue but it hasn't. Any help would be greatful. Thanks everyone

7 answers to this question

In packets.h only packets send from client, and your sample packets look like only server to client packets.

Xray look like is some custom name.

Also look like version 20091013 is wrong. This is probably internal kro build version, but need released client version.

In 2009 was 3 different clients ragexeRE, ragexe, sakexe. And you can set type for each of it in hercules. Packets can be different for all of them

If you using windows see in mmo.h for //#define ENABLE_PACKETVER_RE for ragexeRe, //#define ENABLE_PACKETVER_SAK for sakexe. For ragexe dont need uncomment client type

If you using linux, can do same or use configure parameters for change packet version and client type

On 5/17/2019 at 6:06 PM, 4144 said:

Xray look like is some custom name.

These were sakray clients that were modded by Meruru/Pinky to read various id->name tables, that were previously hardcoded (before Gravity moved everything to LUA), from flat files.

[Error]: Sent packet 0x007C with size 42, but must be size 44
[Error]: --- failed assertion --------------------------------------------
[Error]: ..\src\common\socket.c:2135: '0' in function `unknown'
[Error]: --- end failed assertion ----------------------------------------

Currently this is the error im getting now when ever im on a WoE map, or for example in thor_v03. I've tried switching the packetver to 20090922 but still getting no where, tried to enable ragRE with the same error popping up. I tried enabling sak but it wouldn't compile.

If old packet was correct, and look like it never was changed, this error mean you using wrong packet version or client type

if at 2009 sakray mean sakexe, then you need use in mmo.h ENABLE_PACKETVER_SAK.

Anyway if client somehow works even with this errors, it can be fine for testing. this errors is packets validation, but it not prevent to send/receive packets. it only show what packets wrong

Enabling sakray via mmo.h causes it to not compile and it gives off some errors. I've tried older packetver's and when testing I would get sent wrong packet data disconnecting. Something else to know even though 12 character slots wasn't supported till the 2010 clients, this client supported it. I checked my old server files from way back when, im not entirely sure what I was using if it was 3CeAM or just straight up eA but it works with no issue in this server. How ever I want to move on to a much better and more updated source. Something else I notice in packet.h, 20090922 doesn't have any packet data listed. I have some from the old server but I don't know how to translate them or what they even do.

//2009-09-22aRagexeRE
0x07e5,8
//0x07e6,8
0x07e7,32
0x07e8,-1
0x07e9,5

maybe this will be of some help? im not sure.

OKay, thanks for all your help @4144. It looks like I might as well move on to a different client altogether then. Just about everything I have tried just doesn't work. Since I can't figure out if its the packetver or what, I will move on to a different client and learn how to use all the new hercules stuff thats been implemented.  Thanks again :)