kanemi

Need Help: How to Hire a Developer With No Knowledge of Coding

I want to make a server, but I have no knowledge of coding or programming. I'd like to hire someone to fulfill this role but I want to maintain control of the server at all times. How exactly do I do this?

with money lol 

also dont make them admins in game and stricly dev in discord chat / quick assistance

what are you looking for in your server though cause you might kill some body 

you know how easy it is to ruin someones src without them knowing ? 

Edited by Naruto

18 minutes ago, Naruto said:

with money lol 

also dont make them admins in game and stricly dev in discord chat / quick assistance

what are you looking for in your server though cause you might kill some body 

Yes I was planning to pay but I wanted to maintain control of the server. I'm looking to customize some items and skill mechanics. 

19 minutes ago, Naruto said:

you know how easy it is to ruin someones src without them knowing ? 

I'm guessing it's not a great idea to do this then, since I'd have no idea what's being changed? 

56 minutes ago, kanemi said:

Yes I was planning to pay but I wanted to maintain control of the server. I'm looking to customize some items and skill mechanics. 

I'm guessing it's not a great idea to do this then, since I'd have no idea what's being changed? 

Well if you know WHAT TO TEST FOR its not so annoying.... but you can easily sneak in a few numbers that you wouldnt know were fake or real and he could exploit it in game.... or just break it all together making you reinstall your emulator and having to refill all the data you had previously again . . . 

You can pm me for most of that stuff and ill just do it in quick assistance for you + explanation... but a full time dev, idk i wont speak for anyone since im lazy and only write for like an hour a day when i do open my src 

30 minutes ago, Naruto said:

You can pm me for most of that stuff and ill just do it in quick assistance for you + explanation... but a full time dev, idk i wont speak for anyone since im lazy and only write for like an hour a day when i do open my src 

I'll pm you. 

Just a bit of advice,

Don't do that. If you don't know what's been changed in server side or client side, then you are not the owner, instead it seems like you would be just sponsoring and the main developer would feel like admin. You will be very easy target if someone want to ruin your server.

My suggestion, as someone that make a custom project and learned how to program due this need, if you don't want to learn a bit of C+, is get the coding and programming from the hired developer and add yourself them in the source. Even without knowledge in programming, you get a control of what have been changed and there are some things that are intuitive, you may suspect if you see something out of the pattern and get a third opinion.

Even though, I agree with Dastgir, there are risks.

aggree with @Dastgir but you can do this also

1. Learn how to use basic GIT (All file changes tracked, never ever direct edit on your VPS)

2. Hire Developer/scripter or whatever you need to build a great server.

3. Hire Secret Agent (whos understand what the Point 2 does WITHOUT telling them #3 is exist LOL)

4. This one is optional Hire another Secret Agent to track Point 3 in case if point 3 make some evil cooperation with some of point 2.

5. Enjoy~