Sign in to follow this  
Mumbles

identifyall()

Function: identifyall()

Quick function to complement commit #24c4d53.

Full version:
Identifies all unidentified items in user's inventory and returns the number of items identified.

Quick-use version:
Identifies all unidentified items in user's inventory without returning any additional values.

Usage:

Spoiler
11 minutes ago, Mumbles said:

This script-command version of identifyall() provides the following:

• A return value for the number of items identified
    • Enables the possibility of using the amount of items identified to create individual cost or bulk pricing
      • i.e. 10 items identified for 400 Z (base cost for 10x items identified @ 40 Z each)
      • i.e. 23 items identified for 805 Z (bulk cost for 23x items identied @ 35 Z each, when identifying 20 or more at once)
    • Allows for the number of items identified (and the maths on cost) to be displayed to the user, for informational purposes
    • Eliminates redundant scripting by alternatively using atcommand "@identifyall"; in a script and still needing to gather the number of items identified
  • Allows for use of identifyall as a script-command rather than an atcommand, particularly under circumstances when using atcommands in general are restricted, limited, or undesirable
  • With some modification, this can be changed into a global function so it can be used across multiple scripts

With a little imagination and creativity,  identifyall as a script-command can be used for interfacing with various utilities, zeny sinks, and other features. Like I said -- this little script command would find its niche mostly in low-rate servers, but it'll be here if it's needed.

Download:
identifyall.txt

Mirror:
https://upaste.me/f75351070d03c790e

Edited by Mumbles
Updated download options and added usage information ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

5 hours ago, Ridley said:

identifyall was just recently added https://github.com/HerculesWS/Hercules/pull/2487

identifyall was solely added as an atcommand, wasn't it?

I made this as a script-command based on reiterations of identify() so users could make an inline function in their quest, event, or utility scripts.

The benefits are trivial and would mostly suit low-rate servers with a low zeny pool, but they're beneficial nonetheless. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

This script-command version of identifyall() provides the following:

• A return value for the number of items identified
    • Enables the possibility of using the amount of items identified to create individual cost or bulk pricing
      • i.e. 10 items identified for 400 Z (base cost for 10x items identified @ 40 Z each)
      • i.e. 23 items identified for 805 Z (bulk cost for 23x items identied @ 35 Z each, when identifying 20 or more at once)
    • Allows for the number of items identified (and the maths on cost) to be displayed to the user, for informational purposes
    • Eliminates redundant scripting by alternatively using atcommand "@identifyall"; in a script and still needing to gather the number of items identified
  • Allows for use of identifyall as a script-command rather than an atcommand, particularly under circumstances when using atcommands in general are restricted, limited, or undesirable
  • With some modification, this can be changed into a global function so it can be used across multiple scripts

With a little imagination and creativity,  identifyall as a script-command can be used for interfacing with various utilities, zeny sinks, and other features. Like I said -- this little script command would find its niche mostly in low-rate servers, but it'll be here if it's needed.