Random756

Enchant sprite issue

Question

Hello, 

I have an error with the "int+3" enchant. It says : 
image.png.e40e2a6c8ba6f94ebb29c9a110978829.png

So it means I miss the int+3 sprite. 
I found a corresponding one in another grf, its name is : ¿ëÀǺ¸ÁÖ_È«.bmp, I tried it (so I had texture/À¯ÀúÀÎÅÍÆäÀ̽º/item/¿ëÀǺ¸ÁÖ_È«.bmp but it doesn't work and the error still appears.

I tried to copy the name of the error in game (¿ëÀÇ?¸Á?È«.bmp) but grf editor doesn't allow me to put the "?" caracter in the name. I'm stuck at this step, seems like I have 2 solutions : 

1) either find what "?" symbols is and and rename the .bmp according to it. 
2) or redirect the "int+3" sprite to another bmp which i'll be able to name whatever I want. Except I don't know where I can redirect this, I don't know in which file I can do it (i know how to do it for item like apple or cards, but not for enchant).

Can anyone help me ? 

Thanks a lot

Edited by Crousti

4 answers to this question

IIRC Item stat enchants basically add a "card item" into the 4th slot (which enchantable items doesn't have for cards), and that item looks like an sphere. It is an item, you can find it on item db (look for Int_3 or something like that).

You can probably change the sprite if you want, just like you do for any other item. But in this case it looks more like yourdata. grf is out of date... does other enchants work fine? I may be wrong, but this is what I remember...

ItemInfo.lua and .lub are "the same" (actually .lub would be the "compiled" version of .lua, but a lot of time we use it in plaintext)

Edited by KirieZ

5 hours ago, Crousti said:

Hello, 

I have an error with the "int+3" enchant. It says : 
image.png.e40e2a6c8ba6f94ebb29c9a110978829.png

So it means I miss the int+3 sprite. 
I found a corresponding one in another grf, its name is : ¿ëÀǺ¸ÁÖ_È«.bmp, I tried it (so I had texture/À¯ÀúÀÎÅÍÆäÀ̽º/item/¿ëÀǺ¸ÁÖ_È«.bmp but it doesn't work and the error still appears.

I tried to copy the name of the error in game (¿ëÀÇ?¸Á?È«.bmp) but grf editor doesn't allow me to put the "?" caracter in the name. I'm stuck at this step, seems like I have 2 solutions : 

1) either find what "?" symbols is and and rename the .bmp according to it. 
2) or redirect the "int+3" sprite to another bmp which i'll be able to name whatever I want. Except I don't know where I can redirect this, I don't know in which file I can do it (i know how to do it for item like apple or cards, but not for enchant).

Can anyone help me ? 

Thanks a lot

there is another solution for that change the name in system/itemlua.lub and change these item ¿ëÀÇ?¸Á?È« name to your specific name. i think also it is client hex? lets wait other reply.

Do you mean iteminfo.lua ? Because I don't have iteminfo.lub in /system. But if you meant iteminfo.lua, unless i'm mystaken there's no part relative to the enchant sprite in this, just item which already exist in item_db (and the enchant is not of those) right ?

Ok this is it, I did not even know it was an item I could find in item_db or even @item. Well it's easy to solve it now. Thanks a lot for your insight both of you :)