Sign in to follow this  
Pink Guy

Skill cooldown delay question

Question

Hello people.  I have a question regarding skill cooldown and delay.  I had a server which I bought from a RO VPS reseller wherein I have these settings:

skill.conf

// Delay time after casting (Note 2)
delay_rate: 0

// Minimum allowed delay for ANY skills after casting (in milliseconds) (Note 1)
// Note: Setting this to anything above 0 can stop speedhacks.
min_skill_delay_limit: 30

player.conf

// Maximum atk speed. (Default 190, Highest allowed 199)
max_aspd: 197

Then I put all skills cooldown to 70 in skilldb.

In that server with that reseller hosting company, after using these settings, I am able to spam skills as long as I have max attack speed.  However, I bought an unmanaged server and hired a developer to install my server in the latest herc trunk then I added the same settings above.  But for some reason, I cannot spam skills like before. It seems that skill spam keeps stopping and you cannot spam skill without using macro. The servers are both in LA.  The only difference is in my old server I had 2015-11-04 client while on this new one, I am using 2018-05-30 client.  Anyone can help me with this?  Is there any way for me to fix the delay or do I really have to switch back to 2015 client?  Will it really fix the problem if I switch the client? 

Thank you.

EDIT:
To give more context.  I will put a gif of the skill spam difference between my servers.  The first one is my old one (from reseller hosting) and the other one is the new server.

* Note They are both in LA and settings are the same as above.  These gifs are skill spam with me manually pressing the keys (not macro).  Both servers use latest herc trunk (at that time).

Reseller RO hosting (skill spam is still fast even manually)

9bGbEyZ.gif

Current server (skill spam keeps stopping when spammed manually)

9KuumJ9.gif

Edited by Pink Guy
added gif

6 answers to this question

just cause servers are both in LA doesn't mean they will offer the same performance (unless they are from the same company and specs). Also wouldn't put it passed a RO reseller to lie about things...unless you still have the old IP active, there is no way to confirm server is actually in LA.

check there is no double configuration overriding in conf/import/battle.conf

maybe you tested on a GM account who have 'skill unconditional' permission in conf/groups.conf, then 2nd test didn't have the perm.

Edited by bWolfie

TY for ur reply.  I checked import/battle.conf and there's nothing there out of ordinary.  I tested both of them on normal characters.  I also tested them with GM account and skill unconditional but it's exactly the same skill spamming.

it is probably something really simple like misconfiguration. try fiddling with all the settings related to this thing.

and then if not misconfig, then there is a chance it is due to poor server specs leading to slow performance.

ok, do you know any other configurations I must've missed besides the one I listed above?  Is this really not client related?

Edited by Pink Guy

On 7/19/2019 at 9:36 AM, bWolfie said:

it is probably something really simple like misconfiguration. try fiddling with all the settings related to this thing.

and then if not misconfig, then there is a chance it is due to poor server specs leading to slow performance.

its actually just me standing behind him casting heal on him while he does it 

Found out it might be  host related.  I hosted the server trunk locally and I can use skills fine.  Will be renting a host to see if I can get the same results as I do on local server.