Sign in to follow this  
Erazer

How many servers are there still running?

So I've been wondering about RO for a while and I used to be a big fan of RO as a whole :D worked on multiple servers and hosted a lot of my own but looking at the source code, its looking less and less maintainable and tho when I used to work on it, I didnt care much, now that I'm an avid full-stack developer, its just a mess as a whole.

Wouldn't porting this to .NET Core be more efficient, using modern socket techniques, modern frontend frameworks and lambdas functions be better?

Why am I asking this? Because it'll be a fun project but doing this on my own and for 1-2 servers, I mean... yeah it'll be interesting but to be honest, in regards to packets/client stuff, I must say I never worked too much on it so I'd be stuck.

AAAAAAAAAnyways, thoughts?

i dont think theirs anything stopping you from doing that.... i mean you got the packets to deal with but whatever , besides that ; you can probably do a bit 

.... show me something cool we dont already have

Edited by Naruto

I could probably do it, yeah, but I don't have much time plus I'm already on a tight schedule (work + work 2 + startup) but if at some point I become a bit more free, sure :) i'll give it a go.