twolaid

kRO Zero packet parsing

Question

Hi everyone,

I am currently trying to sniff and parse packets from the kRO Zero server and I'm having some difficulties when it comes to parsing the packets. Here's my current setup:

• Using the packetparser (https://github.com/secretdataz/packetparser) to sniff, log and analyze the packages. I know it's an old project, but the basic mechanics still seem to work. I'd be thankful for any pointers to newer projects, though
  • Since the packet_length generator of that project doesnt seem to work with the kRO Zero binaries (unpacked), I have basically taken the packet length table from the Herc source code and converted them to the right format
  • Packet encryption keys have been taken from OpenKore -  that encryption is only for packets sent by the client, right?
  • the kRO Zero client has been modified to log packets back to the packetparser and I see everything coming in, however it is not recognizing any packets past the character selection screen

Is there any new type of encryption in recent kRO/Zero clients that I need to take care of here? Any pointers would be much appreciated, thank you!

3 answers to this question

yes kro on main client (ragexe) and on zero using game guard named "cheat defender". It's also encrypt all traffic with map server.

Why you need zero packets? Most already in herc... And you also can get encryption keys in herc

Ah it’s from their GameGuard, that makes sense. Thank you!

My motivation is to sniff NPC and quest dialogues. I don’t think the kRO server will talk to me if I disable GG on my side, right? Is there any documentation on the packet encryption and how to decrypt it ?

thanks! 

it switching encryption on the fly. each some minutes game guard may download new encryption module. This mean if even crack default encryption, after some minutes game guard will use other encryption.