Sign in to follow this  
jTynne

Wandering Poring v1.0

This is a very simple event script I created for the GM's of my server.

Basically, you type one command and it spawns 5 "Wandering Porings" on the map of your choosing.

You will want to customize the prizes that you receive from the event (it gives Red/Yellow/Orange/White/Blue Potions by default). It's also extremely easy to add in additional prizes.

// Syntax: Item ID / Quantity

if(.@prize == 1) { getitem 501,1; }

if(.@prize == 2) { getitem 502,1; }

if(.@prize == 3) { getitem 503,1; }

if(.@prize == 4) { getitem 504,1; }

if(.@prize == 5) { getitem 505,1; }

// 25 Poring Coins Base Prize

getitem 7539,25;

Below is the code; After you change the values noted above in red, you should be able to just save this as a .txt, load it in-game, and voila. :)

Questions, comments? Post as a response to this thread! If you find it useful, please +1 this thread and rate me five stars. Thanks!

-	script	poringbind	-1,{OnInit:	unbindatcmd "poring";	bindatcmd("poring","poringbind::OnAtcommand",20,90);	end;	OnAtcommand:if(getgroupid() < 20) { end; }set @map$,.@atcmd_parameters$[0];  if(@map$ == "") {dispbottom "Syntax: @poring <mapname>";dispbottom "Five Porings will spawn on the map you choose. Recommended usage for this event is 3-5 times per day.";dispbottom "NOTE: Do NOT use capitals in the map name otherwise no Poring will spawn!";end;} monster @map$,0,0,"Wandering Poring",1002,5,"poringbind::OnKill";announce "[Wandering Poring] : 5x Wandering Porings have been sighted on the map: "+@map$+". The first person to find and kill each will receive an award!",0;end; OnKill:// Update Here!set .@prize,rand(1,5);announce "[Wandering Poring] : "+strcharinfo(0)+" has captured a Wandering Poring on the map "+strcharinfo(3)+"!",0;// Syntax: Item ID / Quantityif(.@prize == 1) { getitem 501,1; }if(.@prize == 2) { getitem 502,1; }if(.@prize == 3) { getitem 503,1; }if(.@prize == 4) { getitem 504,1; }if(.@prize == 5) { getitem 505,1; }// 25 Poring Coins Base Prizegetitem 7539,25;end; }

sir what commands am i going to type to activate this event? :)

You have it right there in the code:

if(@map$ == "") {dispbottom "Syntax: @poring <mapname>";dispbottom "Five Porings will spawn on the map you choose. Recommended usage for this event is 3-5 times per day.";dispbottom "NOTE: Do NOT use capitals in the map name otherwise no Poring will spawn!";end;}

Suggestions? Remove this part :

dispbottom "NOTE: Do NOT use capitals in the map name otherwise no Poring will spawn!";

and change this :

set @map$,.@atcmd_parameters$[0];

to :

set @map$,strtolower(.@atcmd_parameters$[0]);

to ensure that the input will be in lower case form? :D

But when i used @poring the emulator says "@poring is a invalid command"

Show error if any. Did you modify the name of the script? ( the poringbind one? )

-	script	poringbind	-1,{

But when i used @poring the emulator says "@poring is a invalid command"

Show error if any. Did you modify the name of the script? ( the poringbind one? )

-	script	poringbind	-1,{

There's no errors on map-server, i didn't modified anything

Your emulator? I tried installing the script and the only problem i have encountered during installation is the tab part of the script heading?

but when i type @poring it says invalid command :)) just like haniculdummy did..  ^_^

Your reply is here:

Your emulator? I tried installing the script and the only problem i have encountered during installation is the tab part of the script heading?

Did you get any errors on map server when parsing the NPC? Your answer is you have to change each set of 4 spaces for a tabulation space.

No no no, i am answering some questions and tell my experience while installing the script. It is working fine on my test server 

Just set an additional label in which you do all necessary calculations and then fire the OnAtcommand label.

Or even better: make the OnAtcommand label just process if there's been a map specified and your additional label set the map, then call a new label called OnEvent or so. Example:

-	script	poringbind	-1,{OnInit:    unbindatcmd "poring";    bindatcmd("poring","poringbind::OnAtcommand",20,90);    end;    OnAtcommand:if(getgroupid() < 20) { end; }set .map$,.@atcmd_parameters$[0];  if(@map$ == "") {dispbottom "Syntax: @poring <mapname>";dispbottom "Five Porings will spawn on the map you choose. Recommended usage for this event is 3-5 times per day.";dispbottom "NOTE: Do NOT use capitals in the map name otherwise no Poring will spawn!";end;}donpcevent strnpcinfo(3)+"::OnEvent";end; OnMinute01: // Put your custom triggers hereset .map$, "yourmapname";donpcevent strnpcinfo(3)+"::OnEvent";end;OnEvent:monster .map$,0,0,"Wandering Poring",1002,5,"poringbind::OnKill";announce "[Wandering Poring] : 5x Wandering Porings have been sighted on the map: "+.map$+". The first person to find and kill each will receive an award!",0;end; OnKill:// Update Here!set .@prize,rand(1,5);announce "[Wandering Poring] : "+strcharinfo(0)+" has captured a Wandering Poring on the map "+strcharinfo(3)+"!",0;// Syntax: Item ID / Quantityif(.@prize == 1) { getitem 501,1; }if(.@prize == 2) { getitem 502,1; }if(.@prize == 3) { getitem 503,1; }if(.@prize == 4) { getitem 504,1; }if(.@prize == 5) { getitem 505,1; }// 25 Poring Coins Base Prizegetitem 7539,25;end; }

Hmm how could i add multi mobs? would i have to add a new line for each?

You can use an array

-	script	poringbind	-1,{OnInit:    set .quan, 100;    setarray .mob[0],<xxxx>,<xxxx>;    unbindatcmd "poring";    bindatcmd("poring","poringbind::OnAtcommand",20,90);    end;

like this?