skusi123

Ragnarok kRO (korean) to english

Question

i play ragnarok online on the kRO Server. already for a few years.

I have been looking for a Solution to translate the Game in English.
Previously it was possible to do this with the iteminfo.lub file.
I could just replace it. No its not longer possible,because the file in the Game now called differently.
I know that you can‘t translate every NPC and that would take a long Time but translating the Item Names or the skills would be a start that would help me a lot.
Is there anyone who can translate this. I would like to pay for the Service too.

8 answers to this question

At first you can do any modifications only on sakray server, but this is not main game. it reset all chars from time to time

If you really want to use translation, you can try translations from here https://github.com/Asheraf/Translation

It can be bit outdated, but should works with latest sakray client (RagexeRE)

In the past i had only to change one file ( itemInfo)
and alle items were in english.
This is not working anymore.
But why? What exactly do i have to do with the data there?
You just insert or do anything else?

again. you can change files only for sakray server (for ragexeRE client)

and ragexe client protected by game guard

Path for iteminfo file for sakray is System/iteminfo_Sak.lub

You mean i should start the Game not over the Website rather over the exe in the folder?

I have change the file in the folder and try to start the Game over the exe but i get instand error

What 4144 saying is that you can only change files read by Sakray (test server) client. For sakray client you have to edit the itemInfo_Sak file. For main client (kro live server) you can't edit and translate it because kRO has anti-cheat enabled and the anti-cheat will prevent you from editting it.

18 minutes ago, skusi123 said:

@KirieZ ahh Thanks... this is new system. But...watch the video pls...how is it possible. that guy has all  items in english.
He play kRO - Server Baphomet

you could change your data.grf compeltly and still be fine on most servers

just swap the iteminfo folders in the system folder,

would you even get view errors ? dont think hats have a view id in the iteminfo lua

40 minutes ago, KirieZ said:

What 4144 saying is that you can only change files read by Sakray (test server) client. For sakray client you have to edit the itemInfo_Sak file. For main client (kro live server) you can't edit and translate it because kRO has anti-cheat enabled and the anti-cheat will prevent you from editting it.

I dont believe a word of this though 

Edited by Naruto

Well is iteminfo protected i not checked. it probably may allow change it, because this is non critial file. This game guard checks list of files based on encrypted or compressed list of files. But technically it can not allow edit any file.

For ragexe client you can try change file System/iteminfo_true.lub

Anyway if at start you get some error, this mean game guard detected wrong file.

As alternative way, you can try change extension for your translated file from lub to lua, may be in this way it can works

One thing really worked. I downloaded the file and renamed it from iteminfo_sak.lub into terminfo_true.lub. Now i can read many items of english. Now i saw there are many items,they are old and still in Korean.Is someone working on the Translationen? If yes,who? How do i keep the file up to Date?