Honoka Chan

Character Encoding UTF-7 vs UTF-8 Client

Question

Hello, I'm trying to keep my client all in portuguese and I almost got it with ROExt.

My problem is: When i choose on ROExt to character encoding to UTF-7, my itens looks like perfect with all latin accents but my client interface got messed like this picture:

bug1.png.3f6a08ba75b33ae08411f5de713e7d72.png

and when i change character enconding to UTF-8, my itens looks like this:

bug2.png.86bed15b4447922bd257ff6cdc1f7fb9.png

I'm using Hercules last version with item_db.conf without changes in english,  hexed 2014 03 05

and this diff options like:
53 Use Ascii on All LangTypes (Recommended)

Someone know why this is happening ?

Thanks,  :)

4 answers to this question

utf-7 should not support any languages except english and may be german.

if you using utf-8, then your texts must be in utf-8. This mean almost all non english chars should use other bytes.

For fix your issue, all your texts must be in same codepage/locale.

<SOLUTION> I fixed my problem extracting all files from brazilRO.grf(2 GB) to a folder and merging with my custom .grf.(300 MB) resulting in a 2.3 GB data grf.

1) If i'm using UTF-8, why when i get some text code in ANSI it works perfectly ?
2 ) When you say codepage/locale, my texts file can be split in two .grf files ?
Because this way I can't make a lite patch client. I don't get why the character encoding on ROext is not working for more than one GRF

Just a rectification, when a .txt is coded with ANSI,  character enconding UTF-7 works perfect and UTF-8 doesn't show some caracter like "ç ã õ"

to make my lite client I take .txt files from bRO and put manually into my custom .grf and using UTF-7, it's working, but i don't know why :)

aXDas.thumb.png.56c2be7e9c742eaaf88fe12d46064fbe.png

utf-8 compatible with ansi characters. this mean you can use english letters and numbers in same way in utf-7, utf-8, and many other code pages. In all of them english letters will works fine