Reick

Updating item_db

Question

Hi guys, trying to configure my first server its a test server just for me to test some builds and stuffs 

im not used with emulator, so im getting stucked often i got the server working but im having some problems

i followed a guide here from the forum but there is a lot of items missing
id 19156, 28502, 28513, 2980 

this is just some of them there is a lot more and all of them exist on kRO, iRO, jRO

Well, i dont want anybody give me all the things done, im just asking for some guidance or tips or anything to help me to solve this. 
I dont mide if the item description isnt in english just need them on serve to test some builds. 

Really appreciate some help, thank you.

7 answers to this question

renewal database actually has more then the pre renewal

might have to re dif your item info, if you selected recommended its the first thing that pops up, asking you to rename your iteminfo file in your system folder with your client

i checked the iteminfo.lua and all those items are there, so i diffed and changed to iteminfo.lua on the pop up but still fail when i use @item.

those ids doesnt exist on item_db.conf, i think the iteminfo isnt the only problem

5 hours ago, Reick said:

i checked the iteminfo.lua and all those items are there, so i diffed and changed to iteminfo.lua on the pop up but still fail when i use @item.

those ids doesnt exist on item_db.conf, i think the iteminfo isnt the only problem

if it fails in game that means you dont have it in the associated id in your item_db.conf, re or pre re ... for most of them you can just copy and paste

2 hours ago, Naruto said:

if it fails in game that means you dont have it in the associated id in your item_db.conf, re or pre re ... for most of them you can just copy and paste

And how do i add them in item_db.conf? Just edit with notepad++? Ill try it when i get home.

10 hours ago, Reick said:

And how do i add them in item_db.conf? Just edit with notepad++? Ill try it when i get home.

Copy and paste will work...

You might blow up your error log and have things to fix though, better you just grab the ones you want 

8 hours ago, Naruto said:

Copy and paste will work...

You might blow up your error log and have things to fix though, better you just grab the ones you want 

got it here im using haru converter to add them into item_db.conf

getting some erros but its ok, im learning how to solve them. 

Thank you. 

you dont really need any converter or anything as long you have that item in your iteminfo.lua and you have a notepad ,

let's take an example , item 19156 .. as in lunar rainbow ,

its an upper headgear right ? so just duplicate one of your existing upper headgear in your item_db ,

then change the Id , AegisName , Name and ViewSprite to lunar rainbow's (make sure there's no duplicate of another lunar rainbow in your item_db)

for the item bonus script like +mdef etc , you can just copy the script from here , https://www.infinityro.it/item/view/?id=19156 

or make your own item bonuses with item_bonus.md as your guide .

please take a note that hercules aint using some of "class" bonus for some reason ,

so , adding class bonus damage atk+1% as "bonus2 bAddClass, Class_All,1" wont work

if you want to add atk+1% , use "bonus2 bAddRace, RC_All,1" , for matk+1% , you can use  "bonus2 bMagicAddRace, RC_All,1"

18 hours ago, cherryeury said:

you dont really need any converter or anything as long you have that item in your iteminfo.lua and you have a notepad ,

let's take an example , item 19156 .. as in lunar rainbow ,

its an upper headgear right ? so just duplicate one of your existing upper headgear in your item_db ,

then change the Id , AegisName , Name and ViewSprite to lunar rainbow's (make sure there's no duplicate of another lunar rainbow in your item_db)

for the item bonus script like +mdef etc , you can just copy the script from here , https://www.infinityro.it/item/view/?id=19156 

or make your own item bonuses with item_bonus.md as your guide .

please take a note that hercules aint using some of "class" bonus for some reason ,

so , adding class bonus damage atk+1% as "bonus2 bAddClass, Class_All,1" wont work

if you want to add atk+1% , use "bonus2 bAddRace, RC_All,1" , for matk+1% , you can use  "bonus2 bMagicAddRace, RC_All,1"

Hi Cherry,
About duplicate an existing gear.. im doing this, i have the item_db from rathena so i get this line there

19156,Lunar_Rainbow,Lunar Rainbow,4,20,,200,,10,,1,0xFFFFFFFF,63,2,256,,80,1,704,{ bonus bAgi,3; bonus bMdef,10; bonus bMatk,(10*getrefine()); },{},{}

so i use haru converter to convert to this 

{
	Id: 19156
	AegisName: "Lunar_Rainbow"
	Name: "Lunar Rainbow"
	Type: 4
	Buy: 20
	Weight: 200
	Def: 10
	Slots: 1
	Upper: 63
	Loc: 256