Charlie Loves U

running into error messages with Nemo?

Question

so once again I am trying to finish the guide from AnnieRuru on setting up my own offline server, but on step 6d I have come across some steps that I cannot figure out how to get past.

I have downloaded Nemo, and multiple clients from the site she linked  in step 6d . no matter which one I choose tho when I try to "select recommended" like she tells you to, I get a slew of error messages. like 5+. I will post a screen shot of the first one, but any help on figuring out where I went wrong would be appreciated.

also any of the steps in 6d appear to be confusing for me as well. one of them says just DATA.INI. what do I do with that for example? it doesn't show up in nemo so I'm pretty confused overall. 

errormsg.png

7 answers to this question

not all option on NEMO can be selected depending on the client(date), but try to select those recommended/necessary as long as your client can run/connect to the server.

data.ini looks like this when you open it via Notepad ("YourRO.grf" being the name of grf containing your files and clientinfo.xml or sclientinfo).

[data]
0=YourRO.grf
1=rdata.grf
2=data.grf

if it doesnt exist just make one.

15 minutes ago, 18782 said:

not all option on NEMO can be selected depending on the client(date), but try to select those recommended/necessary as long as your client can run/connect to the server.

data.ini looks like this when you open it via Notepad ("YourRO.grf" being the name of grf containing your files and clientinfo.xml or sclientinfo).

[data] 0=YourRO.grf 1=rdata.grf 2=data.grf

[data]
0=YourRO.grf
1=rdata.grf
2=data.grf

if it doesnt exist just make one.

how do I know what is recommended and necessary? sorry I am completely new. I am able to open data.ini by itself, but i do not know how to open it in nemo. 

theres a Select Recommended next to Apply Selected, also theres a few Patch that has (recommended) next to its name. 
i'd say do the latter and check what was instructed on the guide.

when enabling Patch Name "Enable Multiple GRFs (Recommended)" it ask for a DATA.ini name just leave it as it is, you just need a data.ini file in your RO folder.

if youre new i'd advice to use an older client just so you know that your client/server is working and then try experimenting with newer clients. somewhere 2013-2015, 2014-10-22bRagexe is perfect for new players.

1 hour ago, 18782 said:

theres a Select Recommended next to Apply Selected, also theres a few Patch that has (recommended) next to its name. 
i'd say do the latter and check what was instructed on the guide.

when enabling Patch Name "Enable Multiple GRFs (Recommended)" it ask for a DATA.ini name just leave it as it is, you just need a data.ini file in your RO folder.

if youre new i'd advice to use an older client just so you know that your client/server is working and then try experimenting with newer clients. somewhere 2013-2015, 2014-10-22bRagexe is perfect for new players.

thanks for tips I'll check this out!

@18782 so I tried to go into nemo (finally got time today, been busy with school) and it gives me another error message still. have another friend trying to help me with this and he gave me what he feels is the most stable RE client. 

here's a screen shot of what happens when I click on "enable multiple grfs" 

also would like to note I am still getting a SLEW of error messages. it appears I can't select most of the things I need to for some reason in the nemo patcher thing. 

for the sake of information here is a list of all the errors that come up with i hit "select recommended"

1.) Disable 1rag1 type parameters: Failed in Step 1 - 1rag1 not found
2.) Disable Ragexe Filename Check: Failed in Step 1
3.) Enable /who command: Failed in Step 1 -'america' not found
4.) Fix Camera Angles : Failed in Step 4-  No or Too Many matches
5.) Always Call SelectKoreaClientInfo(): Failed in Step 1- Error String missing
6.) Hide Build info in client: Failed in search 'build : %s- %s'
7.) Enable /showname : Failed in Step 1
8.) Hide packets from peek: Failed in search pattern
9.) Read msgstringtable.txt : Failed in Step 1 - 'america' not found
10.) Remove Gravity Ads: Failed in Step 1
11.) Remove Gravity Logo: Failed in Step 1
12.) Restore Login Window: Failed in Step 1
13.) Disable Nagle Algorithm: Failed in Step 2 - socket function missing
14.) Translate Client: Failed in Step 4- 'america' not found
15.) Use Normal Guild Brackets: Failed in Step 1
16.) Use Plain Text Descriptions: Failed in Step 1- 'america' not found
17.) Enable Multiple GRFs: Failed in Step 1
18.) Use Ascii on All LangTypes: Failed in Step 1
19.) @ Bug Fix: Failed in Step 2- Function call missing
20.) Remove Hourly Announce: Failed in Step 1
21.) Remove Serial Display: Failed in Step 1
22.) Enable DNS Support: Failed in Step 1- IP not found
23.) Cancel to Login Window: Patch Cancelled - Restore Login Window patch is necessary but not enabled
24.) Disable Help message on Login: Failed in Step 1- Signature PUSHes missing

grfserror.png

Edited by Charlie Loves U

sorry i didn't see the screenshots due to mobile version,  but it seems youre not patching the client, thats a python script to get the client.

You have to execute that script to get the client, no wonder most of the patch doesnt work.

qqw.png.6eeffe90c4819c6aa7e331a2edb19464.png

heres what you load onto NEMO