Ridley

September Digest 2019

September Digest 2019

The following digest covers the month of September 1st - September 30th 2019

Team Changes

• None

Added

• Added/updated packets, encryption keys and message tables for clients up to 2019-09-18. (#2528)
  • Added the `@changecharsex` command, to change a character's sex. (part of #2528)
  • Added support for clan names in the name packets. (part of #2528)
  • Added support for multiple Token of Siegfried item IDs. (#2515)
  • Added support for the new guild UI features in the client. (#2519)
  • Added per-item scriptable start/end rental functions, replacing the previous hardcoded functionality. See the new item DB fields `OnRentalStartScript` and `OnRentalEndScript`. (#2462, issue #140)
  • Added the `getfont()` script command, to check the player's current chat font. (part of #2462)
  • Added support for gcc-9 by disabling the array bound checks until the `ZEROED_BLOCK` related code will be fully compatible (#2536)
  • Implemented the LapineDdukDdak System. (#2336)
  • Implemented the Library Mistake Quest, allowing players to bypass the rebirth costs. (#2532)

Changed

• Converted `sc_config` to libconfig. A tool to convert from the old format has been provided in `tools/scconfigconverter.py`. (#2526)
  • Converted packet `ZC_TALKBOX_CHATCONTENTS` into a struct. (part of #2528)
  • Extracted homunculus experience gain message code to a separate function. (part of #2528)
  • Changed function arguments to type `enum battle_dmg_type` where applicable. (part of #2528)
  • Changed pets, homunculi, etc. not to be loaded when autotrading. (part of #2524)
  • Changed the guild castle IDs order to match the client's. (#part of #2519)
  • Converted the item combo DB to libconfig. A tool to convert from the old format has been provided in `tools/itemcombodbconverter.py`. (#2529)
  • Changed some remaining symbols to `static`. (part of #2536)
  • Updated the gitlab-ci builds to reflect the release of Debian 10 buster. Gcc-8 is now the primary compiler used for the gcov, asan and i386 builds. (part of #2536)
  • Increased the maximum allowed item ID to int32 max, for clients supporting it. (part of #2336)

Fixed

• Fixed packet `ZC_ACK_RANKING` on old (2013 and earlier) clients. (part of #2528)
  • Fixed an issue preventing homunculus auto-vaporize on death or skill reset, when the 80% HP condition isn't met. (#2524)
  • Fixed a bug that caused homunculi's HP and SP to be refilled on every login instead of just on creation. (part of #2524)
  • Fixed the intimacy requirement check for the homunculus ultimate skills. (part of #2524)
  • Fixed the MVP tombstones causing players to get stuck if they were reading their message when the MVP respawns. (#2525)
  • Fixed the MVP tombstones showing their message multiple times when clicked. (part of #2525)
  • Fixed some incorrect examples of use of `while (select(...))` in the script documentation. (#2533)
  • Corrected the item ID used by the KVM Logistic Officer. (#2527, issue #2404)
  • Fixed several subtle issues caused by the nick partial match feature, when enabled. Now the partial match is only performed for lookups requested by atcommands and client features, while a full match is used for source and script lookups. (#2523)
  • Rewritten the `itemdb_searchname_array` function, now properly supporting the items with IDs greater than 65535. (#2535)
  • Fixed support for items with IDs greater than 65535 in the constdb2doc plugin. (part of #2535)
  • Fixed a minor C standard compliance error, mixing function pointers and non-function pointers. (part of #2536)
  • Fixed the (commented out by default) custom Venom Splasher countdown timer code. (part of #2536)

Special thanks to

@Haru @4144 @Asheraf @skyleo @Emistry @hemagx 

can anyone help me on how to run python script? When I run ./scconfigconverter.py on my linux system nothing happens. Same for the item combo one. didn't have issue when converting mob_skill_db.txt back a while.

[user@host tools]$ ./scconfigconverter.py
: No such file or directory
Edited by bWolfie

44 minutes ago, bWolfie said:

can anyone help me on how to run python script? When I run ./scconfigconverter.py on my linux system nothing happens. Same for the item combo one. didn't have issue when converting mob_skill_db.txt back a while.

[user@host tools]$ ./scconfigconverter.py : No such file or directory

[user@host tools]$ ./scconfigconverter.py
: No such file or directory

first install python using "apt-get" or "yum", depending on your system and then use

python scconfigconverter.py

If script needs argument, you can add it as usual by appending at the end of command separated by spaces

12 minutes ago, bWolfie said:

thanks Dastgir. I couldn't get item combo to work but scconfig did.

For pre-re:

python itemcombodbconverter.py --mode pre-re > item_combo_db.conf

For re:

python itemcombodbconverter.py --mode re > item_combo_db.conf

then move the item_combo_db.conf to your db folder