Zeiyan

Failure to connect after Character selection

Question

Greetings. I have been away for about 6 years from rathena and hercules but I am back to play around with a private server again. I'm a little rusty but not entirely retarded so I would appreciate the help from anybody.

My set up:

data.grf and rdata.grf are from herehttps://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1uzGIJqhenRyGZhG5gzzCIs29GxlJ3QIr

Translations: Translation from asheraf, zackdreaver along with some of my old ones (mixed and matched)

My client: 2018-06-20 diffed with NEMO

Server side: Ubuntu 18.04 in a virtual machine with the latest rathena as of 9 Nov 2019

Issue:

As I was setting up my server and client I came across an issue where having the latest data.grf/rdata.grf was not letting me get past the service select screen. As I was trying to troubleshoot (enable/disable doram both client and server side, try different client versions along with changing my packetver on the server side, diffing my clients multiple times, repatching my kro, rebuilding my client folder) I was finally able to fix it by using an older grf  (the above link) rather than the latest one.  My issue now is I have a working client but I lost track of what diffs I have on it or what the exact version is. All I know is it is a 2018-06-20Ragexe. (NOT RE). I also forgot if I used the old nemo or the new one. (I was still using WeeDiff and Shin's Diff when I quit last time).

I have a working client but no way to update or diff it with nemo if I need to and every other client (2018-06-20c and e) and diff combinations that I tried have not worked so far. Can any one help me out in figuring out why the one I have right now is working and I'm unable to replicate it? Should be a challenge for y'all.

I've attached a link for the exe's that is diffed and one that is not. The one that is not diffed is definitely the one undiffed version of the working client. I just don't know what diffs and exact client version of it aside from it's 2018-06-20.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/11aCYfknYZsCUjnxWBZjWNFvfzJwHhPOn?usp=sharing

EDIT: I forgot to mention my whenever I diff the raw client, I would be able to log in and get to see my characters but after selecting the character it would get stuck and time out displaying "Failed to connect to server". No server side errors/warnings would pop up. It is definitely a client side issue at this point and would not be any of my data folders or grf since I have a client that works. It would be either the diff settings or something. (Defnitely not the packetver either) I am open to using other client versions at this point but would take suggestions of what is the most supported and stable. I am running a pure pre-renewal server.

1 answer to this question

This client using cheat defender anti cheat, for disable it, you must use Nemo.

Old patchers not support this anti cheat. And yes this is normal. You can connect to login and char servers, but cant to map. For fix this, use Nemo

Here you can see what patches can works and what cant with your client: http://nemo.herc.ws/clients/2018-06-20eRagexe/

On 11/12/2019 at 2:43 PM, 4144 said:

This client using cheat defender anti cheat, for disable it, you must use Nemo.

Old patchers not support this anti cheat. And yes this is normal. You can connect to login and char servers, but cant to map. For fix this, use Nemo

Here you can see what patches can works and what cant with your client: http://nemo.herc.ws/clients/2018-06-20eRagexe/

Sorry, It was solved. the issue was the data.grf/rdata.grf was somehow not compatible with my client. I reverted back to a bit older data folder and it worked.