PunkBuster

Deciding a Ragexe

Question

I've worked on several servers before but, for the first time, I'm putting one together from scratch. My question is, what is the most wise method of choosing a Ragexe to use?

-there is no list that says which features are part of which exes;
-there is no list of stable exes;

There are quite a few guides for setting up server-side, but not a single good one for creating clients, or even ragexes in particular.

I kept trying to run a certain ragexe for 30 minutes because I didn't know it required an external launcher for log-in. I've tried a bunch of others but none of them worked properly.

What I need is the most recent and stable ragexe.

1 answer to this question

20 hours ago, 4144 said:

If you using unpatched client exe, both ragexe and ragexeRE need launcher or command line parameters.

Probably main selection is how new client exe you want to use and then find exe where all patches what you need can be enabled.

For client exe and patches you can see here: http://nemo.herc.ws/

Newer clients most time have more features.

It's difficult to make any of these choices because the information of which clients contain which features is not consolidated anywhere. There is so much choice that it almost becomes detrimental.

Which launchers have the best ongoing support and you would recommend?

If you using unpatched client exe, both ragexe and ragexeRE need launcher or command line parameters.

Probably main selection is how new client exe you want to use and then find exe where all patches what you need can be enabled.

For client exe and patches you can see here: http://nemo.herc.ws/

Newer clients most time have more features.