PunkBuster

PK Mode and Manner System?

Question

Penalty System

When a player kills another player, they are penalized for their actions. If you kill another player, and you gain PK points for the kill, you are muted for 5 minutes. During this time, you cannot talk, use any skills or any items. It is possible to lose points yourself if you are killed while muted.

Mass Murder System

If you kill one person, you’re penalized, but if you kill many, it can be quite advantageous. If a player manages to gain 100 or more PK points, they’re considered a murderer. As a murderer, the following things happen:

• Your name will show up in red for everyone to see.
  • You are given +3 to all stats (+5 if you have 400 points).
  • You are given +10% attack and +10% magical attack.
  • You gain 10% bonus Discount and 10% bonus Overcharge (to a maximum of 25%).
  • When a murderer kills a player, they gain the 3% ~ 5% exp that they lose.
  • A murderer gains double experience from killing monsters (so 4x that of regular servers).

Of course, all these bonuses can be lost if you are somehow knocked back below 100 PK points.

The above is from iROwiki. I know official PK servers are ancient but, did this feature ever exist for emulator? And more importantly, can this be used today?

I don't particularly care about the bonus stats or the silence effect, but having player names turn RED when they kill other players looks interesting.

2 answers to this question

Ive seen pretty much every feature there in writing so it must be supported...

Pretty sure theres a toggle for it in your conf files 

mass murder similar to manner system? Actually never heard of that one 

Edited by Naruto

It seems PK mode does work but it's terrible. Even if I disable the Manner punishments, you still get the red silence bubble and a constant spam of "you will be silenced for another 100 minutes" or something, even if you're not actually silenced. And I could not find a way for player names to become red.