Sign in to follow this  
RimZ

Hi guys~ What's the difference between Hercules and rAthena?

Hello everyone.

I'm looking forward to starting a private Ragnarok Online server.

I initially started with Hercules on a Debian server, got pretty far, but ultimately could not get inside the game (probably cause of client/version mismatch).

Now, after further research and trying out a bit of rAthena.. Just wondering what is the difference between rAthena and Hercules?

I just want the most stable method to run an up-to-date Ragnarok Online server.

Thank you very much for your time, suggestions and insights.

Rimz

About compare hercules vs rathena, try search on this forum. i think was already topics about it.

About up to date server, you can get up to date server only on official kro and jro servers, even other official servers very old, and private server missing features or updates.

If you want use latest client, then you can use only hercules, because rathena not support them.

all that but missing some third job skills but no one plays rebellion anyways

seems to be more tailored for pre re and some newer stuff just dont work at all 

I forgot to mention though :

3ceam is worth taking a look at, i havnt compiled it and ran a server on it but rytech works hard on it

Edited by Naruto

@4144 Thank you for your information. I will definitely do more searching. I tried rAthena now on both Windows, (Debian, Ubuntu), all failed - mainly when it came to the client-side I believe. What I truly is just set up to 2nd jobs I think.. (I'm trying to replicate my old server TalonRO, even back when it was AnimaRO)

Thank you again, and I'm open to more information always XD

@Naruto That's crazy! They have a final upgrade to the Gunslinger class! What!

Ah I see. Thank you for mentioning 3ceam. It does seem like rytech is really on it. I'm gonna go ahead and tinker with that now. If it works, I'll definitely stick with it and support him!

Edited by RimZ